Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Promoter: If Up To Us, Canelo Rematch Would Be Done

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
    What does Brooks trash talking have to do with anything? He wasn't the original target for the fight. Chris Eubanks Jr was. Brooks' promoter (who was also Eubanks Jr's promoter at the time) brought Brooks to the table when Eubank's antics threatened to derail the event. Brooks was a backup plan.

You can't own someone without acknowledging reality.
    Don’t be naive. Brook was always Hearn and Loeffler’s plan. When industry asked Tom what he thought about the Brook GGg catch weight he said he didn’t think it was “realistically possible” yet low and behold Lil’G gave in to literary say it was his toughest challenge...from saying Brook was a clown and too small...

Hearn went on a crusade as well Warren when they knew Eubank Sr. was working on a deal with ITV PPV. That is the sole reason why Hearn specifically ranted about his prestige and dedication to Sky Sports.

Brook was thrown in like a dog. Golovkin could’ve fought John Ryder after he beat Talarek. He was still signed to Matchroom and was his Middleweight. Hearn just making a fool of UK fans with Brook as a marquee fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
      How many Mexicans live in the US vs Kazak people? GGG can go to the UK and fight Saunders. Like he dis Brook.
      Then tell him to go fight in kazaphukstan don't complain to me about it. Wasn't the plan to fight Saunders this year in that dump? Now you talking about him traveling to the UK to fight Saunders if he so big then surely that dump should be able to muster enough money to pay top fighters to come. Saunders isn't even a big draw which is why he traveling to Canada to fight Lemieux and not the other way around. Khan is a much bigger draw then Brook was yet GGG traveled to the UK to fight in his backyard and not the other way around like Khan did. GGG made peanuts fighting Brook. Khan and Chavez both being the B side to Canelo made more then GGG did in any fight of his career including the Brook fight. You can cry and make excuses for why GGG isn't a bigger star doesn't change the fact that Canelo is the draw. He generates and earns more money then GGG and it's not close just made 20M this year in a fight without GGG. GGG made 2M this year against Jacobs he doesn't have to travel anywhere his opponents travel to him. GGG can either sit and wait for a rematch that pays him huge money or continue fighting for 2M paydays against mandatories or Jacobs and risk losing. Canelo can offer Lemieux or Saunders more money then GGG can and still take home 15-20M.

Comment

Originally posted by kidaguilar View Post
        who said i didn't want to see the fight turd.
        You are all kinds of stupid

Comment

Originally posted by LalinPromotions View Post
          Lil’G could’ve fought Saunders in Astana Expo 2017 and have been Undisputed, but but he can fight Saunders in the UK... right ..
          GGG pulled out the Saunders fight and sat and waited to get the Sept fight after months of Loeffler making threats to take other fights before Sept. lol Loeffler got bent over and will bend over and do the same thing for the rematch in May. He has no other big payday options and GBP knows it. Canelo get's a big payday no matter who he fights and all the leverage at the negations table. Which is why Loeffler keeps crying and putting out statements but he isn't moving on to other opponents. Remember back in Sept after the fight if we can't get a rematch signed soon we will look to take another fight in Dec? Then it was well we need a deal before the start of Dec or we taking a fight in March. It's Dec 6 and now he's again crying and GBP told him we ain't talking until after the Lemieux/Saunders fight. So prepare for if we don't have a deal by Jan we moving on. He just keep pushing the date and will never move on and Canelo will get every demand for the rematch in May because Loeffler has no choice.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
            GGG pulled out the Saunders fight and sat and waited to get the Sept fight after months of Loeffler making threats to take other fights before Sept. lol Loeffler got bent over and will bend over and do the same thing for the rematch in May. He has no other big payday options and GBP knows it. Canelo get's a big payday no matter who he fights and all the leverage at the negations table. Which is why Loeffler keeps crying and putting out statements but he isn't moving on to other opponents. Remember back in Sept after the fight if we can't get a rematch signed soon we will look to take another fight in Dec? Then it was well we need a deal before the start of Dec or we taking a fight in March. It's Dec 6 and now he's again crying and GBP told him we ain't talking until after the Lemieux/Saunders fight. So prepare for if we don't have a deal by Jan we moving on. He just keep pushing the date and will never move on and Canelo will get every demand for the rematch in May because Loeffler has no choice.
            I think they should start negotiating with Saunders in case he beats Lemieux. If they can make the fight go to England in May and forget about Canelo for now.

Comment

You had not problem citing the GGG number but no mention of the idiots posting that Canelo drew 250K. So either cite both numbers or shut up.
              I am not talking to them. I am talking to you so why the **** do I have to tell them anything. If I spent my time correcting every dumba$$ thing that is being said on these forums I wouldn't even have the time to jerk off. If you have a problem with something someone else says then take it up with them. I am not going to fight your battles for you.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                I think they should start negotiating with Saunders in case he beats Lemieux. If they can make the fight go to England in May and forget about Canelo for now.
                why would warren do that when they ALREADY had a deal struck weeks before the Jacobs fight for this summer and GGG pulled out and his team lied about it. Saunders exposed them by releasing the text messages from Loeffler proving him to be a liar. Fat chance getting them to secretly strike another deal that GGG likely won't honor again. Warren already working with Golden Boy to make the Lemieux fight. They have more leverage if they wait until after the Lemieux fight and then strike a bidding war forcing GGG team to pay him more money. And let's be real if GGG and Canelo get into a bidding war for Saunders who do you think has deeper pockets and can offer Saunder more?
                Last edited by bigdunny1; 12-06-2017, 02:42 PM.

Comment

why would warren do that when they ALREADY had a deal struck weeks before the Jacobs fight for this summer and GGG pulled out and his team lied about it. Saunders exposed them by releasing the text messages from Loeffler. Warren already working with Golden Boy to make the Lemieux fight. They have more leverage if they wait until after the Lemieux fight and the strike a bidding war forcing GGG team to pay him more money. And let's be real if GGG and Canelo get into a bidding war for Saunders who do you think has deeper pockets and can offer Saunder more?
                  I agree getting out of the Saunders fight was stupid. The Canelo fight was always there. As far as who wins the bidding war, nothing ventured nothing gained.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                    LOL. You don’t get it.

If BJS wins, which he will, WBO Mando will have Alvarez for the title shot. If we say that Unifications overrode Mando’s well just wait until Loeffler and Warren disagree to terms, will Warren and Loeffler want a purse bid scenario vs BJS making more money with Alvarez anyways?

Alvarez gets the winner of the WBO whoever wins. The ONLY way Loeffler and Lil’G make the fight is if they give in... and wait till Rafael discloses the guaranteed purses when that time comes..

Golovkin might not want the rematch at all due to the split ultimatums and Abel will defend Golovkin to say that Nelo is a “diva” just because they aren’t getting what they think they deserve.

Comment

• Originally posted by LalinPromotions View Post
                      Don’t be naive. Brook was always Hearn and Loeffler’s plan.
                      I am not being naive I am countering your warped perception of reality.

When industry asked Tom what he thought about the Brook GGg catch weight he said he didn’t think it was “realistically possible” yet low and behold Lil’G gave in to literary say it was his toughest challenge...from saying Brook was a clown and too small...
                      Yea. GGG is such an ar$$hole for trying to sell a fight. He should have said "well its a $h!t fight. Tune in if you want. It might be exciting.

Brook was thrown in like a dog. Golovkin could’ve fought John Ryder after he beat Talarek. He was still signed to Matchroom and was his Middleweight.
                      And the truth comes out. You're not at all reasonable. You're complaining about GGG fighting Kell Brook and your suggested alternative is John Ryder. For ****s sake the guy got knocked out by someone Chris Eubanks Jr almost killed and you're talking about him like he was a real alternative. At least Brook had speed and boxing ability on his side and a championship belt he could walk around with. What could be said about John Ryder to sell a fight with GGG? He's got a name that was probably used by people all over the world in the last Mass Effect game. He was in the lower part of the top 10 of middleweights from Great Britain at the time.I can't believe we had to settle for a fight with Kell Brook when the legendary John Ryder was an option. Talk about a missed opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                      X