Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obvious robberies that fighters got away with?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacquiao vs Bradley 1

Comment

Marcus Browne vs that Eastern European guy.

Comment

I think for it to be on such a list it has to be something I scored more than 3 points. Like Marquez-Pacquaio II was a robbery, but I had it 115-112 (8-4 in rounds, but one round was close enough to bring it to 114-113). A firm and clear 7-5 I won't list (like Barrera-Morales I & II or Espadas-Morales which I felt Espadas clearly won).

Of modern times (last 25 years) in high profile bouts I'll go with : -

Ward-Kovalev I
        Pacquaio-Marquez III
        Bradley-Pacquaio I
        Holyfield-Lewis I
        Chavez-Whitaker
        John-Marquez
        Mayweather-Castillo I
        Norwood-Marquez
        Cloud-Campillo
        Alexander-Kotelnik
        Toney-Tiberi

That's the 10 or so that jump off the top of my head. I thought they were all 4 point or more wins. There's probably 10 that are similar or equal to many of those but I consider the first 4-5 I listed as the most egregious.
        Last edited by chrisJS; 11-28-2017, 11:42 AM.

Comment

I find it funny how people always have to find some close fight that Floyd was in and are quick to say that he lost and robbed Castillo of the win. But yet most of you forget to mention some of the gifts that ODL got. And for those who go by the compu box numbers in the Castillo fight, remember that fights are scored by rounds. A fighter could land 25 punches to win a round and then lose the next round by only landing 8 punches.

Comment

Holyfield vs Valuev is one that really bothers me because it was Evanders last shot to get a title and he did it convinvingly, but the judges stole it from him.

Also Danny Garcia vs Mauricio Herrera was pretty bad.

and Lara vs Paul Williams

Comment

Harold Johnson-Willie Pastrano
              James Toney-Dave Tiberi
              Pernell Whitaker-Jose Luis Ramirez

3 biggest robberies I've seen.

A lot of examples aren't robberies, as to be expected in threads like this.

Comment

Ward vs Kovalev - daylight robbery, actually turned 2 workmates off boxing. Good job, America.

Comment

Originally posted by NakiFan View Post
                  Mayweather vs Castillo 1
                  You lose all of your credibility immediately.

The Associated Press had Mayweather winning and USA Today had it a draw. It was not an "obvious robbery." It was a very close fight that could have gone either way. When you start labeling close fights that could have gone either way as "obvious robberies," then it's hard to take you seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                    I think for it to be on such a list it has to be something I scored more than 3 points. Like Marquez-Pacquaio II was a robbery, but I had it 115-112 (8-4 in rounds, but one round was close enough to bring it to 114-113). A firm and clear 7-5 I won't list (like Barrera-Morales I & II or Espadas-Morales which I felt Espadas clearly won).
                    I happened to watch Morales-Barrera I yesterday, was the KO legit to you? A lot of people claim that Barrera was robbed, to me the fight could have gone either way. To me, Barrera "stole" some of the rounds in the last 15-30 seconds with a "barrage" of punches (a lot of them landed clean, I must admit).

Comment

Originally posted by NakiFan View Post
                      Mayweather vs Castillo 1
                      Froch vs Dirrell
                      Helenius vs Chisora (lower profile but gets forgotten)
                      Horn vs Pacquiao
                      Petersen vs Khan

Any others people can think of?
                      Lol I'm a huge Pac fan, but the Horn fight was not a robbery.

While Pac did more damage, scoring round by round, Horn simply outworked Pacquiao for more rounds. That was the first time we saw a truly diminished Pac - whether it be from age and wear, or just him ill-preparing and underestimating - matters not, Horn beat Pac fair and square.

Now, Pac-Bradley I was a robbery.

Glad you mentioned Khan-Peterson, so many people forget that one. EVEN WITH all the underserved deducted points, Khan STILL WON by a few points.

Some other forgotten ones are: Devon Alexander vs Kotelnik; Devon Alexander and Zab Judah vs Matthysse.

Comment

Working...
                      X