Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergey Kovalev Jokes: I Was a Drunk Champion for Three Years!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm convinced that most of you don't understand anything you read.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
      It was alcohol for Kovalev

A lot of people need a drink to sleep at night.
      Helps me sleep at night too

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        I think the alcohol thing is likely over blown. He didn't lose to Ward because he was drinking. He lost because he faced the best fighter in the game. That doesn't make Kovalev trash, a drunk, etc. He just fought a better man.
        Kovalev is a solid fighter and if he drinks now and then, I don't think it's affecting him because he dominates everyone not named Andre Ward.
        Good post.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
          And whose fault is that? LOL. I seem to remember a certain trainer of a certain overrated fighter biased fans like to pretend is "the best in the game" perpetuating that rumor onstage at certain press conferences and in many interviews.

Note to Virgil Hunter: if you want your fighter to get full credit for his "wins," don't advertise that you believe he's actually fighting a past prime drunk beforehand.

But, I don't really mean that. That's something that fans actually should be made aware of, so that people understand what version of a fighter you're really fighting. Sure your fighter might get less credit for it if the truth is known, but that would be because he deserves less credit for it then. That seems fair to me. I know some people with... inconsistent... integrity would rather lie though, which is not right IMO.
          Didn't read your whole tantrum but if you're thinking I would steer the blame away from Hunter, you're just another one of these goofs who has to view every fighter as either good or evil.

I don't agree with the statements about him having a drinking problem, but I also don't know Kovalev so I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by TainoGodCanelo View Post
            Excuses for losing to Ward??? Hahahha. This dude is a phuckin joke. Come catch a fade with me, punk! I’ll phuck you up in less than 3 rounds.
            Hahahahaha that’s what you’ll be dreaming of in your permanent coma.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              I think the alcohol thing is likely over blown. He didn't lose to Ward because he was drinking. He lost because he faced the best fighter in the game. That doesn't make Kovalev trash, a drunk, etc. He just fought a better man.
              Kovalev is a solid fighter and if he drinks now and then, I don't think it's affecting him because he dominates everyone not named Andre Ward.
              Agree..seems like him and Jackson had a bitter ass break up and both started throwing each others dirty secrets around

Comment

Nothing is more destructive than a trainer wanting to jump ship on his fighter between fights. Jackson isn't loyal he's a back stabbing now running his mouth b I t c h

Comment

It's amazing how much hatred there is for Kovalev on this site. There are so many posts from the SOG fan club and keyboard warriors who probably never boxed a day in their lives challenging Kovalev to a fight. For real? Gimme a break. I'm glad that the deluded views of bias and angry fans have no bearing on actual reality.

Comment

"I need to do, to stop drinking vodka. That's why I am loss to Andre Ward, and I have passenger, not like a trainer you know, with John Jackson, he like 5th wheel you know. I need to do to be champion again is like train werry hard, and fix up...to fix up and to do not drinking anymore and bad things to mah bodee."

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                      Helps me sleep at night too
                      Lou Cipher giving you nightmares?

Comment

Working...
                      X