Canelo's Future as a Middleweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Floyd's Mask View Post
    Geeez whaddya know...

But Lil’G fans, when the same supposed theory is applied to him moving to 168(which contextualizing “154-168 ez fomi” was reason enough for boxing fans to criticize, instead we get “you just want him to lose...”

Or

“Wait till ggg Get Nelo on the ropes”
    “If Nelo did this with Smith, imagine what Lil’G will do”

Etc etc etc
    Well Ca$hnelo did sit on ropes and he got S L A U G H T E R E D

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post

Look at the amazing power, he was landing these kind of shots all night. That's 8 of his landed punches right there, amazing stuff.

Comment

Why is the diva running from the GGG rematch? She don't even want to face the old man again, no way she takes on other top MW's.

Comment

Canelo has to work on his stamina if he wants to fight at Middleweight. His chin is good he has nice combinations. He needs to fight more of each round.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
          The fact that Canelo landed more power punches while he threw 200 less punches is significant. As much as you want to score "ring generalship" than you need to also score defense and offensive accuracy/efficiency.
          Again, power punches aren't the only punches that count, and GGG was landing many more punches overall. Besides, you already know what I think about CompuBox. Canelo did slip and block punches, notably GGG's right hand, but he was getting hit with lots of punches, too. While Canelo was accurate, his offense wasn't consistent enough to convince me that he won most of the rounds. You could give Canelo 4, maybe 5 rounds tops.

Really? Why did that monster of a jab not hurt Canelo at all during their fight? I mean Gennady landed 108 jabs. You would think 108 "power jabs" as you call them would make an impression of some kind.
          You posted up a gif, with a few seconds out of a 12-round fight, acting like it's representative of the entire fight. Amazing. One of GGG's jabs disrupted one of Canelo's right hands in round 8, and wobbled him. How about the numerous jabs that pushed Canelo onto the ropes? Oh, right; it wouldn't be very convenient for you to post a gif of those jabs. GGG's jabs did make an impression on Canelo. Despite all my talk about Canelo's stamina, it wasn't just fatigue that kept Canelo away. Canelo wasn't trying to take too many of those. Instead of responding with a gif, or bringing up sus ass CompuBox, here's a video that more accurately represents how the match went: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v9asaVFdBI

Saying Compubox is "wrong" actually gives MORE credence to suggesting CANELO won and got shorted. It hurts Gennady as all three judges scored Canelo rounds 10-12 and he got 7 of 9 scorecards of rounds 1-3. There were a couple during the middle of the fight where he won also.

What are you even trying to say? lmfao
          Again, just because the judges felt Canelo won the championship rounds, doesn't mean everyone else who watched the fight agreed with them. Stop appealing to authority. Also, I was never arguing over rounds 1-3. I scored rounds 1-3 and 12 for Canelo. Like I said, me thinking that Canelo lost is an opinion, which is something we're all entitled to. We're gonna have to agree to disagree on this match. What does CompuBox's sketchy punch counts have to do with judges scoring rounds? Also, it's funny that we're talking about CompuBox, because it says on their site that the boxer who throws and lands more, wins 90% of the time. Looks like Oscar De La Coka made GGG part of the 10%, to protect his golden boy.

Comment

All boxers have their strong points and their weak points. Canelo's weakness is stamina but it's not that bad. He is a smart boxer who knows how to pace himself. He threw 560 punches in his fight with GGG. That's not great but it's not bad either. He has enough other assets such as hand speed and accurate fast combinations with real power. He is one of the best body punchers in boxing. He also has an iron jaw and a fighter's heart and determination. I think these assets carry him to victory over every middleweight except GGG who is the man at 160.

Comment

Originally posted by Slicc View Post
              Again, power punches aren't the only punches that count, and GGG was landing many more punches overall. Besides, you already know what I think about CompuBox. Canelo did slip and block punches, notably GGG's right hand, but he was getting hit with lots of punches, too. While Canelo was accurate, his offense wasn't consistent enough to convince me that he won most of the rounds. You could give Canelo 4, maybe 5 rounds tops.

You posted up a gif, with a few seconds out of a 12-round fight, acting like it's representative of the entire fight. Amazing. One of GGG's jabs disrupted one of Canelo's right hands in round 8, and wobbled him. How about the numerous jabs that pushed Canelo onto the ropes? Oh, right; it wouldn't be very convenient for you to post a gif of those jabs. GGG's jabs did make an impression on Canelo. Despite all my talk about Canelo's stamina, it wasn't just fatigue that kept Canelo away. Canelo wasn't trying to take too many of those. Instead of responding with a gif, or bringing up sus ass CompuBox, here's a video that more accurately represents how the match went: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v9asaVFdBI
              ...and if I posted rounds 1-3 and 10-12 it would show Gennady getting lit up like a fourth of July parade while missing more punches than Pac after a tutoring session with Joe Horn

Originally posted by Slicc View Post
              Again, just because the judges felt Canelo won the championship rounds, doesn't mean everyone else who watched the fight agreed with them. Stop appealing to authority. Also, I was never arguing over rounds 1-3. I scored rounds 1-3 and 12 for Canelo. Like I said, me thinking that Canelo lost is an opinion, which is something we're all entitled to. We're gonna have to agree to disagree on this match. What does CompuBox's sketchy punch counts have to do with judges scoring rounds? Also, it's funny that we're talking about CompuBox, because it says on their site that the boxer who throws and lands more, wins 90% of the time. Looks like Oscar De La Coka made GGG part of the 10%, to protect his golden boy.

A post of utter dogshit with zero objectivity. Anyone is free to criticize an objective organization, but you won't be taken seriously unless you can objectively demonstrate what makes an objective organization defective or suggest an improved alternative.

Everything else you posted is...opinion. Which anyone has. I demonstrated with objective sources why my opinion is more reflective of fact than whatever jibberish you thought of while at McDonald's. And I don't mean to hate on McD's yo

Get wrecked son
              Last edited by Bjl12; 11-24-2017, 09:45 PM.

Comment

I think Canelo runs into trouble at 160. Specifically Jacobs and and Charlo. Styles make fights and those two are all wrong for Canelo. I'm a GGG nuthugger but I can understand why people say Jacobs won and didn't feel he was about to get the W when the card we're about to be read. Charlo is something special and a top fighter that would beat Canelo and GGG IMO. I see Canelo as a De La Hoya where he's always a top fighter but loses to the truly special guys.

Comment

Originally posted by REYESdelBOXEO View Post
                  Debunking : "The CANELO gassed vs. GGG Theory."

CANELO won all The Championship Rounds , Rounds 10 , 11 & 12 which sealed the deal on his victory over GGG. The number's don't lie:

*ROUND 10* : CANELO landed 15/38 power punches , at 39.5%

Compared to 11/35 power punches , at 31.4% for GGG

*ROUND 11* : CANELO landed 10/17 power punches at 58.8%

Compared to 9/30 power punches , at 30% for GGG

*ROUND 12* : CANELO landed 19/43 power punches , at 44.2%

Compared to 12/38 power punches , at 31.6%

-It's impossible to say CANELO gassed when he dominated the championship rounds.

CANELO proved he's the best middleweight in the world , I would favor him to beat GGG again , and also defeat Saunders , Lemieux Jacobs , Charlo & Andrade. Yet , I still want to see all of those fights , & I'm sure CANELO will deliver , because he's proven to Always Fight The Best & Fear No One.
                  I didn’t bother reading your post but is that really ggg after the fight? That’s crazy

Comment

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again canelo is too small frame wise for MW but he can’t make 154 anymore so he is f ucked! He doesn’t have the power to really bother anyone and his stamina is a huge problem. I think he gets murked by Jacobs and lemule.

Comment

...and if I posted rounds 1-3 and 10-12 it would show Gennady getting lit up like a fourth of July parade while missing more punches than Pac after a tutoring session with Joe Horn
                      If you watched the video I linked, you'd see Canelo getting badly outlanded after the 3rd round.

A post of utter dogshit with zero objectivity. Anyone is free to criticize an objective organization, but you won't be taken seriously unless you can objectively demonstrate what makes an objective organization defective or suggest an improved alternative.
                      Yeah, CompuBox is so great, that they count a bunch of punches that didn't even land. You do understand that the guys from CompuBox have to count literally hundreds of punches on the spot, right? Do you really think they can deliver an accurate punch count, while watching a fight live? What alternative do I recommend to CompuBox? Watching a recording of a fight, and comparing the punches you see land, to CompuBox's punch count. There are also analysis videos you can find. What alternative method do I recommend to CompuBox? Oh, I don't know, watching a recording of a fight, and analyzing each punch, using slow motion if needed, to accurately determine which ones did and didn't land. Maybe that's not enough for you. You want proof that CompuBox isn't that reliable? Look below.

Check out these links

CompuBox Exposed:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZtFj5H5vLE
                      MayPac Artorias punch count: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcC9_cqy2L8
                      MayPac CompuBox punch count: https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/v...quiao-compubox
                      Ward vs Kovalev I Artorias punch count: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHQ8...RYQXD&index=20
                      Ward vs Kovalev I CompuBox punch count: http://www.boxingscene.com/andre-war...-stats--110941

Everything else you posted is...opinion. Which anyone has. I demonstrated with objective sources why my opinion is more reflective of fact than whatever jibberish you thought of while at McDonald's. And I don't mean to hate on McD's yo

Get wrecked son
                      I already told you that we would have to agree to disagree. We're not gonna get anywhere, trying to convince each other that whoever we think won, actually won. You wouldn't let it go, so now you'll have to hold this L. Your opinion is more reflective of fact? What opinion, that Canelo beat GGG? You tried to back yourself up using CompuBox numbers, and I linked you a video with a punch count that wasn't the result of 2 morons trying to count punches, while watching a fight live. Don't get me wrong, nobody should expect 100% accuracy from any punch count, but CompuBox tends to be so off, that it's like they don't even care.

Comment

Working...
                      X