Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin: I'm Ready For The Rematch - Is Canelo Ready?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
    Still surprising that after all this time, plenty of time to rewatch it, there are still GGGaholics crowing like it was an obvious blowout win for their hero. If he was so great, why didn't he cut off the ring instead of essentially following Canelo around the whole fight? Meanwhile Canelo was slipping punches the entire fight, showing excellent defensive moves, and being aggressive with combos when appropriate.

I had it either a draw or 1 point win for GGG, can't remember, and this was after watching it close up on a big screen at a theater.

I hope GGG is in fact ready for the rematch, because he sure as he!! wasn't ready for the first match.
    The vast majority of observers had Golovkin winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
      I love the sport. Looking at it objectively I had canleo winning. Rounds 1-3,5,10-12. Canelo took away Golovkins offense, could t put together his usual combos or body attacks. GGG had no answer for Canelo a movement. Threw a lot of jabs that didn’t set up anything. That wasn’t the same GGG. Canelo impressed me. Fought a totally different fight Golovkin had no gameplan for.....I’m ok with the draw. If you said Canelo didn’t do enough, The that would mean GGG did nothing.
      GGG beat Jacobs, but Canelo was lighting GGG's face up, not something you expect to see happen like that.

Comment

Originally posted by BluDivision View Post
        Most people didn't score Canelo's defensive prowess.
        If it was so good, why couldn't he avoid the jab?

Comment

Originally posted by Tankdestroyer View Post
          ggg sounds desperate, like a true thot. I'd favor nelo in the rematch now. It has ward-kovalev 2 written all over it
          Canelo by low blows.

Comment

Originally posted by Graz View Post
            Bottom line. Canelo has a great chin and was in self protection mode the last half of the fight. Golovkin was tentative in the beginning but he won’t be next go around. This first was clearly set up for rematch. The next one will be better. New venue with ethical judges (hopefully).
            Look at the first round. Canelo did nothing. He's supposed to be there going after the titles.

Comment

CANELO "THE CONQUEROR" THE NEW MIDDLEWEIGHT KING

vs.

Gennadia "The Big Drama Queen" Golovkin
              The middleweight court jester

Comment

Conqueror? Cálmala Naco, no mames! Pelio bien pero dejó perder la pelea. A la próxima debe de parar de jotear como De La Hoya y tirar más golpes en vez de tirar por 30 segundos a la ves. El tiene la culpa por no ver ganado al bastardo.
                Originally posted by REYESdelBOXEO View Post
                CANELO "THE CONQUEROR" THE NEW MIDDLEWEIGHT KING

vs.

Gennadia "The Big Drama Queen" Golovkin
                The middleweight court jester

Comment

Defensive prowness for 8 rounds against constant punches and aggression with not much offense back equals losing 8 rounds have to throw hands as well Canella no king of mw please you fools

Comment

New king of box office some how yes

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
                      I love the sport. Looking at it objectively I had canleo winning. Rounds 1-3,5,10-12. Canelo took away Golovkins offense, could t put together his usual combos or body attacks. GGG had no answer for Canelo a movement. Threw a lot of jabs that didn’t set up anything. That wasn’t the same GGG. Canelo impressed me. Fought a totally different fight Golovkin had no gameplan for.....I’m ok with the draw. If you said Canelo didn’t do enough, The that would mean GGG did nothing.
                      Good stuff. I thought I was the only one that gave Canelo the first three rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X