Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everyone here is a world-class boxing mind

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I knew this was a Slobberts thread when I saw the title!

#BringBackRodney

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
      It's great coming here to listen to a bunch of internet forum posters pass judgement on world-class boxers and call them bums.

I used to think boxers like Jarrell Miller, Deontay Wilder, Anthony Joshua, and a few others may have some talent or something. But it turns out they all suck. Good thing there are some top boxing minds here who have all reached the absolute top level of the sport and can point out what bums these guys all are!
      Not everyone is blind mate.

AJ is proven world class, Wilder has at least show something....why are you equating them to Miller to make a pointless argument? Miller is fat, slow and takes too many punches.

Bye.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
        It's the obsession of the old greats.

A lot of boxing fans will just never give the new fresh talent credit where its due.

"Tyson and ali would kill everyone"
        As i've always said...In every sport where there's a definitive measurement and record, it continues to be broken all the time because athletes get better and better all the time.

It would be ignorant and naive to believe boxing isn't the same, it's just there's no way of proving it definitively, so it's opinion based.

There's every chance that you could put a fighter from the 50's or 60's into todays game and they would get flattened in a round. Of course, give them all of today's knowledge and advanced strength and conditioning methods and it would be different.

Comment

Originally posted by Mic Tyson View Post
          I knew this was a Slobberts thread when I saw the title!

#BringBackRodney

Hahaha, everyone just loves Rodney!!!

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            Not everyone is blind mate.

AJ is proven world class, Wilder has at least show something....why are you equating them to Miller to make a pointless argument? Miller is fat, slow and takes too many punches.

Bye.

That's not quite what I was saying. I was just pointing out how some fat tard who has never even been in a boxing gym gets on here and calls pro boxers bums. It's just silly how people sit around on the internet passing judgement like that. If they had to fight one of these "bums" themselves, they'd **** their pants and get KO'd in seconds.

I agree Miller probably isn't on the level of Joshua or Wilder.

Comment

its what make this place fun
              Controversial opinions are the reason boxingscene is what it is

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                Nunn's another one of those guys who didn't have the right mentality for the sport IMO. Although he went on to have a semi decent run at 168, his career started to spiral as soon as he started drug using. A lot of people say he was never the same following the Toney loss but I think there were already signs of decline vs Barkley, Starling and even Curry.
                It's a shame how his life turned out, cause I always thought he had a lot of tools to be very successful.
                On a more positive note that left hand he got Kalambay was sick! Especially considering Kalambay was very solid defensively and had a legit chin.
                Yea something was wrong.And your right he was sliding since barkly fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
                  It's great coming here to listen to a bunch of internet forum posters pass judgement on world-class boxers and call them bums.

I used to think boxers like Jarrell Miller, Deontay Wilder, Anthony Joshua, and a few others may have some talent or something. But it turns out they all suck. Good thing there are some top boxing minds here who have all reached the absolute top level of the sport and can point out what bums these guys all are!
                  Well said.......

Comment

Working...
                  X