Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Floyd would have been able to take rounds off Hearns?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    i'm not sure what you are referring to. benitez has more than 2 quality wins so can't be him. also he was clearly faded when he had most of his losses so once again cant be him. is jones jr a bum cause he lost his last 10 fights against good opposition?

also grouping opponents into quality vs non quality opposition is not a great way to judge things and it puts the guys who dont have the greatest quality wins into the same category as guys who do. maybe that was your intention? not all wins are created equal. i'll take benitez beating cervantes or duran over floyd beating old mosley, old hoya, old marquez, old pac, etc...or prime castillo, prime corrales, prime baldomir, etc...sure he racked up more b level wins but im going for quality. im going for a sugar ray leonard type resume with 5 great wins instead of 20 solid wins.
    and there you have it. a peaceful solution to people not agreeing with each other.

trust me, though. i have no bias against benitez and/or those he fought/beat. i just feel hes mentioned too much (highly ?) as if he were some world beater.

the youngest or the 1st to do ''something'' doesnt impress me unless youre the 1st (AND ONLY) ww to beat up a full blown hw. or you were 15 when you did it.

Comment

Hearns would have knocked Gayweather's head into Kingdom Come.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
        i missed overrating a couple of his wins/fights. my bad
        Would not call giving hell to SSL in prime(maybe early prime)and also giving a PRIME Hearns a very good fight plus beating HOF A Cervantez at 17 overrated by any means.What more you want to be ATG plus other fights I posted.

Comment

Haha. Floyd fans, always provide the laughs.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
            You answered your own question how do we judge them, we look and your telling what you see, in my eyes Floyd would beat Benetiz no problems at all.
            I agree Floyd the better fighter but Benetiz was CLEAR ATG.Some day people will give him credit(Floyd)listen to the fighter's that fight today and many from his era.Its a clear choice Floyd best of gen and one of the best of all time easy.

Comment

But like I said earlier he DONT beat Hearns TOO BIG.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
                Would not call giving hell to SSL in prime(maybe early prime)and also giving a PRIME Hearns a very good fight plus beating HOF A Cervantez at 17 overrated by any means.What more you want to be ATG plus other fights I posted.
                losing in swell fashion is still losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
                  losing in swell fashion is still losing.
                  Well when you fight ATGs somone has to lose.I mean that makes no sence if the BEST FIGHTER to EVER live fought the 2nd BEST to EVER live.Would the loser still not be great?I mean kind of extreme example but you see your flawed thinkin?

Comment

OK now lets make Hearns 130-135, Floyd's natural weight does he beat Mayweather, I doubt it

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
                      OK now lets make Hearns 130-135, Floyd's natural weight does he beat Mayweather, I doubt it
                      lol...hearns was a natural 147 lb. fighter....

so the only way floyd can beat him is to weight drain 'em....lol

Comment

Working...
                      X