Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Floyd would have been able to take rounds off Hearns?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
    it don't make a difference if its a rational fan, a manny fan, or a ceiling fan, if you give an assessment based on what you actually watched, you guys who are gonna forever swing from floyd's nuts, have to take that hard pill and swallow it...calling people stupid, ignorant, don't know s**t about boxing, etc., just shows how weak, immature, and emotional you are...
    when people make rational comments, you don't see those types of responses. You see regular debate.

However, when you guys post stupid, petty, childish, ******ed "get back at Floyd fans" crap, thats the response you are going to get.

Like you right here. "Swing on Floyd's nuts". That is weak, immature and emotional. Yet you get upset and are critical when posters respond in the same tone.

Reloaded's post had the same tone and maturity as the one he responded to.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      when people make rational comments, you don't see those types of responses. You see regular debate.

However, when you guys post stupid, petty, childish, ******ed "get back at Floyd fans" crap, thats the response you are going to get.

Like you right here. "Swing on Floyd's nuts". That is weak, immature and emotional. Yet you get upset and are critical when posters respond in the same tone.

Reloaded's post had the same tone and maturity as the one he responded to.
      bull....

nobody is posting stuff to "get back" (lmao) at floyd, thats just some s**t you making up in your own head..

the real is, when people post floyd-adverse, you cats are on here crying...

just go back and re-read some of the emotionally driven stuff you write when everybody isn't sharing your sentiments...

Just like what this guy wrote:

You guys need to stop. Mayweather is a lie. A bronze medalist, not beaten any elite in their prime, in most eyes didn't win vs Maidana or Castillo. He's just not that good. He'd be a decent fighter who'd be giving guys a hard fight but ultimately lose to guys like Hearns, Leonard, Duran, with a high possibility of being stopped by the lot.

Now honestly, what in that isn't rational, or bs or overexaggerating...a lot of folks share these exact sentiments...

..regardless, in typical Floyd Boy fashion, how a emtional Floyd Boy can't take it:

You have no idea what you are looking at, you would starve to death if your only job was a boxing talent scout.

You see the hype like a fan, you cant see the mechanics of boxing,

That's the trouble with the internet, to be great the modern athlete is now against a world full of ******s given a voice...

standard, you don't know s**t about boxing, response calling the dude a ******, etc, etc....

case closed
      Last edited by djtmal; 11-22-2017, 11:42 AM.

Comment

bull....

nobody is posting stuff to "get back" (lmao) at floyd, thats just some s**t you making up in your own head..

the real is, when people post floyd-adverse, you cats are on here crying...

just go back and re-read some of the emotionally driven stuff you write when everybody isn't sharing your sentiments...

Just like what this guy wrote:

You guys need to stop. Mayweather is a lie. A bronze medalist, not beaten any elite in their prime, in most eyes didn't win vs Maidana or Castillo. He's just not that good. He'd be a decent fighter who'd be giving guys a hard fight but ultimately lose to guys like Hearns, Leonard, Duran, with a high possibility of being stopped by the lot.

Now honestly, what in that isn't rational, or bs or overexaggerating...a lot of folks share these exact sentiments...

..regardless, in typical Floyd Boy fashion, how a emtional Floyd Boy can't take it:

You have no idea what you are looking at, you would starve to death if your only job was a boxing talent scout.

You see the hype like a fan, you cant see the mechanics of boxing,

That's the trouble with the internet, to be great the modern athlete is now against a world full of ******s given a voice...

standard, you don't know s**t about boxing, response calling the dude a ******, etc, etc....

case closed
        I posted "get back at Floyd fans", not get back at Floyd. Did you misread that or did you intentionally lie?

No, my issue is that the dislike for Floyd drives the ridiculousness in these posts. Get rid of it, and there will not be the type of responses from Floyd fans that you criticize.

Most fans do not think he lost to Castillo and Maidana, just disgruntled NSB denizens that love Manny or hate Floyd. He just isn't that good is utterly ******ed. Of course the poster is well known for being anti Floyd.

I noticed you edited the whole post. That skews the response to fit your agenda.

Reloaded's response was equal in tone to the post he responded to. Don't see how you can have a problem when floyd fans treat you and others as you treat us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
          I disagree. I think Crawford, Spence, and Thurman could hold their own against Duran, Leonard, and Hearns. All three have weaknesses that they can exploit.
          You're out of your mind. Thurman gets starched stiff and the rest lose by a landslide. Crawford and Spence aren't tested.

Just because you forgot what Hearns looks like out of the gate.

Comment

• Originally posted by McNulty View Post
            You're out of your mind. Thurman gets starched stiff and the rest lose by a landslide. Crawford and Spence aren't tested.

Just because you forgot what Hearns looks like out of the gate.

Don't get me wrong I would probably favor Duran, Hearns, and Leonard. But don't sit here and act like Thurman, Crawford, and Spence aren't once in a lifetime talents

Comment

I don't create these types of threads, I just give my opinion on them.

From time to time you will see a thread matching Floyd @ lightweight with Duran, Chavez, Whitaker, etc., but imo welterweight was and always will one of the more significant weight classes, and guys like Sugar, Hearns, Duran, & Hagler, rank very highly on most all-time lists.
              But you still don't acknowledge that 147 is not Floyd's best fighting weight....130,135 , 140 is where he was in his true prime

Comment

Don't get me wrong I would probably favor Duran, Hearns, and Leonard. But don't sit here and act like Thurman, Crawford, and Spence aren't once in a lifetime talents
                Thurman is an ok fighter as far as all time is concerned. Lets not forget an old asś Collazo almost had Thurman out in the 5th. Thats bad. That alone can easily write Thurman out of history. What do you think would happen if SRL hurt him to the body? Thurman would get KO'd. Same thing for Hearns or Duran --- they were next level.

5th Round Cued Up:

I really like Spence a lot --- I think he has a bright future but we don't know what he's realy all about yet. He's only got Kell The Quitter Brook on his resume.

Crawford, same thing --- very promising. But lets see him evenly matched and see what happens. Way too early to even remotely think these two cats can bang with the GOATS.
                Last edited by McNulty; 11-22-2017, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by McNulty View Post
                  Thurman is an ok fighter as far as all time is concerned. Lets not forget an old asś Collazo almost had Thurman out in the 5th. Thats bad. That alone can easily write Thurman out of history. What do you think would happen if SRL hurt him to the body? Thurman would get KO'd. Same thing for Hearns or Duran --- they were next level.

5th Round Cued Up:

I really like Spence a lot --- I think he has a bright future but we don't know what he's realy all about yet. He's only got Kell The Quitter Brook on his resume.

Crawford, same thing --- very promising. But lets see him evenly matched and see what happens. Way too early to even remotely think these two cats can bang with the GOATS.
                  Keith has never been dropped by a body shot in his career. Keith has a great ring on plis he is highly skilled. I would favor Leonard against this Keith but I don't think Keith has peaked yet. Like I said, Keith would hold his own against those guys but may come up short.

Comment

Keith has never been dropped by a body shot in his career. Keith has a great ring on plis he is highly skilled. I would favor Leonard against this Keith but I don't think Keith has peaked yet. Like I said, Keith would hold his own against those guys but may come up short.
                    Sheldon. Thurman is too slow for SRL. Ray had blinding speed great footwork and excellent power. He was smart and could adapt. Yes Thurman, Spence and Crawford need to fight each other before there is even a serious conversation about this. It's somewhat unfair to compare a fighter in the middle of his career against others that had the opportunity to show all their skills against top competition. These young welterweight need to fight each other.

Comment

Working...
                    X