No announcement yet.

Mexico vs Puerto Rico Rivalry Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
    If he would have stood and fought the shark, he would have gotten eaten up.

And the shark's more entertaining. The fans won. Oscar lost.

Word

Puppet dksab
    What he fails to realize is all those punches landed were only in 8 rounds. He landed zero in the last three. U don’t win champion fight espeacially the “fight of the milliunem” by literally running and. It thowing any punches in the championship rounds. But he gonna believe what he believes. What’s gelling is that a rematch never happen. And don’t try to say that Tito didn’t want it puppet.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
      Oh was it? I couldn't remember. Well, I think Trinidad was a complete monster at 147 and 154. He was great enough to beat a lot of middleweights but it wasn't his best weight for sure.
      I was in error. Your correct. It was 160. Damn I’m getting old. I just remember a weight difference. So I assumed. Yes Trinidad was unstoppable at or near his weight. He dared to be great and fought the top guys at two/three weight classes above his career weight and lost. He fought as always, valiently. To me he lost zero in taking those loses. He will always be one of my top three if not #1
      Last edited by Don Pichardo; 11-20-2017, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet;

[SIZE="7"
        Oscar landed 263 of 648 punches, while Trinidad went 166-of-462. [/SIZE]
        Punch stats don't mean a damn thing. They don't tell the whole story. Case in point, you wouldn't be able to know that Oscar ran in the championship rounds...

Favorite fights
        Gomez vs Zarate
        Sanchez vs Gomez
        Gomez vs Pintor
        Rosario vs Ramirez I
        Rosario vs Ramirez II
        Camacho vs Ramirez
        Camacho vs Limon
        Chavez vs Camacho
        Chavez vs LaPorte
        Chavez vs Rosario
        Trinidad vs Campas
        Trinidad vs De La Hoya
        Trinidad vs Vargas
        Santos vs Margarito II
        Cotto vs Margarito I
        Cotto vs Margarito II
        Salido vs Lopez I
        Salido vs Lopez II
        Lopez vs R.Marquez
        Salido vs Martinez I
        Salido vs Martinez II
        Canelo vs Cotto
        Rojas vs Arce

What a rivalry!!!
        Last edited by sugar ray lenrd; 11-19-2017, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
          Word

Puppet dksab
          What he fails to realize is all those punches landed were only in 8 rounds. He landed zero in the last three. U don’t win champion fight espeacially the “fight of the milliunem” by literally running and. It thowing any punches in the championship rounds. But he gonna believe what he believes. What’s gelling is that a rematch never happen. And don’t try to say that Tito didn’t want it puppet.
          That guy Puppet is a clown and a bigot. The fact he says Benitez-Palomino was a robbery when I believe the judge that gave it to Palomino had sun in his eyes after been questioned on a terrible score card.

I watched as the self-proclaimed "Bible of Boxing" put on a clinic. The art of self-defense was never more pervasive. The masterful Benitez won at least 12 of the 15 rounds, I figured. Then they announced a split decision. The crowd moaned. . . . Now, there are some ring officials of whom the late Frankie Carbo – the mobster who pretty much ran boxing in the Fifties – would say, "See that guy? I can buy him for a cup of coffee." I’m not saying Clayton was one of these. I’m not saying he wasn’t, either. After the Benitez fight, I confronted the Philadelphian who was better known as a referee. I demanded that he explain his strange scorecard. "You’ve got to count body punches," he said. Palomino was a fine body-puncher, but in this fight, Benitez landed most of those shots. His elbows took care of Palomino’s. I pressed on with the interrogation. Finally, Clayton said, "Well, the sun was in my eyes."

He also lied about Ortiz losing to Valiant. Ortiz won a dominant 10 round decision and a KO. Just to suit an agenda. Only close fight a Mexican didn't win was GGG-Canelo which was a "draw" in a fight nearly everyone says GGG won. He's a disgrace to Mexican Boxing fans. I say that as someone who goes to fights all the time with Mexican fight fans and talk Boxing all the time with Mexicans who generally know the sport and respect it more than anyone. Not that biggot.
          Last edited by chrisJS; 11-19-2017, 11:15 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=chrisJS;18224129]That guy Puppet is a clown and a bigot. The fact he says Benitez-Palomino was a robbery when I believe the judge that gave it to Palomino had sun in his eyes after been questioned on a terrible score card.

Oh damn!!! How could I forget
            Benitez vs Palomino
            Was a favorite fight of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
              That guy Puppet is a clown and a bigot. The fact he says Benitez-Palomino was a robbery when I believe the judge that gave it to Palomino had sun in his eyes after been questioned on a terrible score card.

I watched as the self-proclaimed "Bible of Boxing" put on a clinic. The art of self-defense was never more pervasive. The masterful Benitez won at least 12 of the 15 rounds, I figured. Then they announced a split decision. The crowd moaned. . . . Now, there are some ring officials of whom the late Frankie Carbo – the mobster who pretty much ran boxing in the Fifties – would say, "See that guy? I can buy him for a cup of coffee." I’m not saying Clayton was one of these. I’m not saying he wasn’t, either. After the Benitez fight, I confronted the Philadelphian who was better known as a referee. I demanded that he explain his strange scorecard. "You’ve got to count body punches," he said. Palomino was a fine body-puncher, but in this fight, Benitez landed most of those shots. His elbows took care of Palomino’s. I pressed on with the interrogation. Finally, Clayton said, "Well, the sun was in my eyes."

He also lied about Ortiz losing to Valiant. Ortiz won a dominant 10 round decision and a KO. Just to suit an agenda. Only close fight a Mexican didn't win was GGG-Canelo which was a "draw" in a fight nearly everyone says GGG won. He's a disgrace to Mexican Boxing fans. I say that as someone who goes to fights all the time with Mexican fight fans and talk Boxing all the time with Mexicans who generally know the sport and respect it more than anyone. Not that biggot.
              Shut your lying ass up. You don’t hang with Mexicans.
              All the Mexicans I know said Canelo won. I have it the same. GGG got a boxing lesson. Canelo reminded me Floyd in there.

What part of PR you from??? You ain’t fooling anybody, bub - saying Camacho was washed up gave you up. Sorry, but Camacho got an ass whooping by Chavez. Take the L and shut up.

Comment

Let’s not forget Mikey Garcia. He’s been giving every Rican an ass whooping.

Leo Santa Cruz, too.

Canelo basically buried PR boxing - that’s why we’re gonna honor him with a statue here in PR; out of respect for the papi

Margarito beating Cintron twice was another good one.

Arce beating Papito - and I thought Papito was gonna be the next big thang.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
                  I wasn’t in error. Your correct. It was 160. Damn I’m getting old. I just remember a weight difference. So I assumed. Yes Trinidad was unstoppable at or near his weight. He dared to be great and fought the top guys at two/three weight classes above his career weight and lost. He fought as always, valiently. To me he lost zero in taking those loses. He will always be one of my top three if not #1
                  Oh yeah, man. He's one of the reasons I became a boxing fan over twenty years ago. So ferocious and fun to watch. His fight with Vargas was great entertainment all the way. Never gets old.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                    How could Ortiz duck Napoles? Their paths didn't really cross. Stop making things up. Also he beat Valiant twice stop lying on that one. The losses to Loi were in Italy and considered controversial and the loss to Cruz was in DR and considered controversial. Every blemish on his record was in the opponents hometown and consisted controversial including Locche apart from as an old man to Buchanan. Laguna, Elorde, Ramos, Locche, Brown, Loi are all considered great and are in IBHOF. He owns legit wins over all of them so at least 8 wins over great HOF famers whereas Chavez has zero wins over hall of fame greats just a lopsided loss to Whitaker. You can't tell me ortiz is a bum. That's a heck of a career.

Chavez also lost to Randall twice (yes), Taylor was robbed, Whitaker and others.

I didn't say Tito did great nor did I say a shot LaPorte got robbed. Said a close fight could have gone either way by a point. It wasn't 12-0 like you think.

I love Finito but who did he beat that was great? Stop saying Nene Sanchez is better than Ortiz and Tito. Also what one great did Chavez ever beat? No a washed up Camacho isn't a great fighter and no Rosario isn't better than Ortiz.

I had Estrada and Cuadras both losing 7-5. I was at the fights.

Close fights Mexicans won
                    Marquez-Pacquaio I, II, III
                    Marquez-Norwood
                    Marquez-John (actually wasn't close)
                    Canelo-Lara, Trout
                    Castillo-Mayweather
                    Chavez-Lockridge
                    Sanchez-Ford
                    Ramirez-Arguello (by a point but could have gone either way)

So your only one is GGG-Canelo haha like that makes you fair?

Like I said most my favorites are Mexican - JMM, Rafa, Olivares, Sanchez, Zarate, Roman, Zaragoza, Chiquita, Finito, Estrada I'm not sure why you are pointing the finger claiming I'm anti Mexican. Far from it.

The only ignorant one is you. Like liking fighter because of where they are from and hating others for the same reason. It's ignorant.

Uruguay is badass per capita. Better than Mexico period. 2 World Cups and tied most Copa America.

I'm qualified to make comments and debate because of my objectivity and level headed nature you are not because you are a nationalistic cretin that needs a fighter to come from a certain place in order to form an opinion.

Man, you are a fu.cking ignorant, read about that case, Ortiz ducked Napoles so bad.

Napoles was a 135-140 pounds but he jumped to the 147 pounds because Lopololo and Ortiz ducked him.

Hahahaha, fu.ck, you are the most incongruent guy here, so Ortiz loses were not legit because he lost by SD in the home of their rival, but the win of Benitez vs Palomino was totally legit.

Elorde was a 130 pounds fighter, Ramos a 126.

And you said that Camacho was shot, but dont talk anything about the situation of Sugar Ramos when he fought with Ortiz?

Fu.ck, you are pure trash like a fan.

Following your ****** logic, Vicente Saldivar was better than Chavez because he had more wins vs HOF?

You are the only crazy guy that think that Ortiz was better than Chavez.

Chavez unified 3 weights, man, 3, Ortiz never do something like that.

You are rican, stop crying, or your parents are.

But well, that you rhink that Ortiz was better than Chavez say all about you.

Taylro was robbed? Are you crazy? That guy ended in the hospital with brain damage, for life, and broken ribs, read about the rules of boxing.

Whitaker? Yeah, that was his 4th weight...

Nope, Chavez won clearly that fight, he was the better man, I said you, lets go to rewatch that fight, you are crazy as hell.

You are rican, or your parents are. hahahahah, Marquez won all the fights vs PAcquiao? WHAT AN IGNORANT YOU ARE

Super ignorant, that's what you are.

Marquez vs Pacquiao 2, was a fight that Pac Won.

You are pathetic analyzing fights.

Cuadras won clearly the first round, and then he only won 4 rounds in the next 11 rounds?

Cuadras deserved a lot more a win or a draw, that Tito a W vs Oscar. Cuadras punished so bad Gonzalez and dominated the second part of the fight.

Why you dont use the logic to say that Tito deserved a win vs Oscar?

Why you never said anything about Estrada draining 4 pounds vs Gonzalez but you always cry about the L's of Ortiz?

Can you see the incongruent that you are?

Hahahahahahaha, you are the only cretin, I respect great fighters and boxing, but you dont know shi.it.

You are pathetic, you are not objective and you have ****** logics.

Learn to read, I never said that Mexico was better than Uruguay in soccer but that ****** thing about the per capita is a super idiot thing that only ricans says.
                    Last edited by Mexican_Puppet; 11-20-2017, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TainoGodCanelo View Post
                      All the Mexicans I know said Canelo won. I have it the same. GGG got a boxing lesson. Canelo reminded me Floyd in there.

What part of PR you from??? You ain’t fooling anybody, bub - saying Camacho was washed up gave you up. Sorry, but Camacho got an ass whooping by Chavez. Take the L and shut up.
                      Originally posted by TainoGodCanelo View Post

Wrong. Los Angeles is not part of Puerto Rico.. It's Cali and there's a lot of Mexicans here. I have been to Puerto Rico multiple times though. Same with Mexico. Your lying about where I live and who I don't hang with without meeting me. I can prove pretty much all my friends and what I consider family is Mexican. I can prove your lies wrong and the loser of the bet leaves the site if you want?

Who said Camacho won? Also stop lying Camacho wasn't the same as he was in the 80s. Drastically different.

Comment

Working...
                      X