Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ferdie Pacheco - "The Fight Doctor" - Passes Away at 89

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP... but as far as I can say, he was a semi-incompetent babbler.

Comment

I hated Pacheco more than anybody in Boxing history. He was mercilessly rude to so many fighters. I don't wish death on anybody because life is precious and you get one shot, but I won't say I'm sad he's gone.

Comment

Great man, I actually saw a program about him when he was with Ali recently. He really cared about fighters and especially Ali.

Comment

Dr Ferdie Pacheco said in a documentary that Muhammad Ali was manipulated by Islam, and I agree. he's just too frank. Rest In Peace sir.

Comment

I enjoyed his commentary, even though he was good and bad at times.

Kind of like Teddy Atlas in a way.

Comment

Originally posted by komandante View Post
              Dr Ferdie Pacheco said in a documentary that Muhammad Ali was manipulated by Islam, and I agree. he's just too frank. Rest In Peace sir.
              I'm pretty sure you just made that up

Comment

Rest in peace, Dr. Pacheco.

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
                  I'm pretty sure you just made that up
                  Nope. I saw that documentary too. Ferdie claimed that the Nation of Islam spoon-fed Ali certain phrases that Ali then made famous and got credit for (e.g., "Ain't no Viet Cong ever called me [n word]"). Might have been the documentary on the Thrilla in Manilla.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjer88 View Post
                    Nope. I saw that documentary too. Ferdie claimed that the Nation of Islam spoon-fed Ali certain phrases that Ali then made famous and got credit for (e.g., "Ain't no Viet Cong ever called me [n word]"). Might have been the documentary on the Thrilla in Manilla.
                    Nation of Islam and Islam are very different things. The OP was saying that Islam as in the religion, what your talking about is a movement more than anything. And I can completely see him saying that about the Nation of Islam because there were a lot of shady people in the Nation of Islam who tired to influence Ali. Pretty sure some of them even wanted Ali to get rid of Ferdie and Dundee.

Comment

RIP Fight Dr.
                      Love him or hate him, he did know the boxing game well and (at times) did great commentary.

Comment

Working...
                      X