Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather VS Canelo Rematch 5/5/18

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The guy is retired and has been for a couple of years apart from that money making exhibition.

Why are people still making these threads? - Are people going to still be doing it when Floyd is 50?

He's still the biggest name in boxing and has been retired since 2015, it's almost 2018. People need to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
      Floyd trained for only 3 weeks and still ko'd McGregor without breaking a sweat.

I think even now Floyd re-schools Canelo but he'd have to train for months. I doubt Floyd wants to do that much work anymore.
      Wouldn't surprise me.

People can talk about 152 and Canelo being green, but the skill level between the two was on completely different planets. Stylistically, Floyd is all wrong for Canelo and just way too skilled.

Canelo hasn't improved THAT much to where the skill levels are even remotely close. A 40 year old Floyd with some time to sharpen his skills and take a fight seriously could arguably school him again, unless he has become completely shot. I don't read anything into the Conor fight, he was carrying him.

Comment

Originally posted by IraqiSword View Post
        the first Canelo fight?? Yeah it was like taking a candy from a baby, a baby who was drained and had zero experience at world level, Canelo of today destroys Mayweather of today
        I was talking about the McGregor fight, and no.. the first fight was not easy for Mayweather. It was a masterpiece though.

Comment

Mayweather would never fight a legitimate threat at this point, that Is exactly why he chose to fight Mcgregor, most reward, least risk. Canelo probably knocks Floyd out at this point In his career.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
            Wouldn't surprise me.

People can talk about 152 and Canelo being green, but the skill level between the two was on completely different planets. Stylistically, Floyd is all wrong for Canelo and just way too skilled.

Canelo hasn't improved THAT much to where the skill levels are even remotely close. A 40 year old Floyd with some time to sharpen his skills and take a fight seriously could arguably school him again, unless he has become completely shot. I don't read anything into the Conor fight, he was carrying him.
            40 year old fighters do not enjoy being In the ring, what sense would It make to carry a fighter who has zero boxing experience? It certainly didn't benifit Floyd In anyway. It would have been much more Impressive(If that Is even possible considering Floyd's choice of opponent) If he would have knocked Mcgregor out In 3-4 rounds.

Hell, Floyd would have never gotten the KO if it wasn't for Mcgregor's deplorable stamina and conditioning.

To say that Floyd carried Mcgregor just doesn't seem to fit the circumstances IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmt View Post
              40 year old fighters do not enjoy being In the ring, what sense would It make to carry a fighter who has zero boxing experience? It certainly didn't benifit Floyd In anyway. It would have been much more Impressive(If that Is even possible considering Floyd's choice of opponent) If he would have knocked Mcgregor out In 3-4 rounds.

Hell, Floyd would have never gotten the KO if it wasn't for Mcgregor's deplorable stamina and conditioning.

To say that Floyd carried Mcgregor just doesn't seem to fit the circumstances IMO.

He clearly carried him. I'm not saying Floyd could have ended it in one shot, but it's obvious he could have applied pressure earlier if he wanted and wore wore out McGregor and finished him.

He just walked forward with his hands up and did very little for about 4 rounds. This is a guy that was P4P no.1 two years earlier and the most skilled fighter of his era. Do really think he had no choice but to resort to walking forward like that? lol. He did whatever he wanted.

If you can't look at that fight and see Floyd could have done pretty much whatever he wanted, then you should be finding another sport to watch because boxing isn't for you.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                And Canelo was losing to a glass chin bum who hadn’t fought in a year and had never fought a top 10 welterweight. Julio Diaz dropped khan quicker than Canelo lol
                Lmao Khan is still top ten. His chine might be a 2 out of 10 lol. And canelo lost the 1st 4 figured him out then timed the ko right in the 6th. Khan has never been down like that. Khan is one of the fastest boxers on the planet. He has gave everynody some trouble before getting hit!

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                  LOL @ 155 cw king wins again.
                  Well Mayweather was the one that catch weighted Canelo and drained
                  Him. Canelo has improved 500% sense then and I give itba easier then thought win for Canelo. And probably by KO. He uses a lot of deffence now that he learned from Floyd. Also he tried to out box Floyd instead of using his strengths.
                  Rematch Floyd has no chance but Canelo would have to beat GGG 1st then in sept. Floyd at 160.

Comment

Originally posted by Graz View Post
                    Mayweather Jr. at 40 years of age would still give Canelo a boxing lesson.
                    At 160 and how much Canelo has improved. Lmfao. Floyd would be lucky to make it to bell and would lose rather easy either way.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                      carried someone doesnt mean you let them punch you in the first repeatedly. carried someone means you went easy on the guy after he has nothing left and let him survive to see the final round.
                      Floyd did carry him. He played the 1st 3 rounds then started boxing.
                      Did you know floyd bet he would knock conor out in 9.5 rounds and he did just that. It was a game

Comment

Working...
                      X