Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighters not knowing their worth nowadays, asking for too much money.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    When you negotiate something do you ask for 5/10/20x what it's worth? That's what Parker and Wilder are doing.
    They are worth whatever they can get the other side to agree to. It's not like there's a car value guide they can just whip out and look up.

A unification fight is a premium product - there are very, very few comparisons of worth that can be made. As I've said elsewhere, Joshua absolutely deserves to take the bulk of the payday, he's the bigger draw here. But he also needs a big fight, and the only real big fights to make are involving the two guys asking for plenty. Anything less than a Wilder or Parker unification fight, will be an absolute disappointment - Hearn and Joshua know this.

It's not like they can give the middle finger to both of them, and still be able to get market rate elsewhere - the market rate is tied up in a fight with one of these two people directly.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
      They are worth whatever they can get the other side to agree to. It's not like there's a car value guide they can just whip out and look up.

A unification fight is a premium product - there are very, very few comparisons of worth that can be made. As I've said elsewhere, Joshua absolutely deserves to take the bulk of the payday, he's the bigger draw here. But he also needs a big fight, and the only real big fights to make are involving the two guys asking for plenty. Anything less than a Wilder or Parker unification fight, will be an absolute disappointment - Hearn and Joshua know this.

It's not like they can give the middle finger to both of them, and still be able to get market rate elsewhere - the market rate is tied up in a fight with one of these two people directly.
      you arent talking to someone who is going to be sensible regarding wilder....robbie is a well known wilder hater

these guys dont understand how you put out a starting point for negotiations...if wilder is willing to take 35 hes not going to come out of the gate and say it if he thinks he might be able to squeeze 40 out of them....

its like making an offer on a house...you dont walk in there and throw down the top dollar you are willing to pay.....but most of these clowns dont know anything about that as they room with their grandmother

btw that new cam tape is fire

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
        you arent talking to someone who is going to be sensible regarding wilder....robbie is a well known wilder hater

these guys dont understand how you put out a starting point for negotiations...if wilder is willing to take 35 hes not going to come out of the gate and say it if he thinks he might be able to squeeze 40 out of them....

its like making an offer on a house...you dont walk in there and throw down the top dollar you are willing to pay.....but most of these clowns dont know anything about that as they room with their grandmother

btw that new cam tape is fire
        You're spot on, absolutely spot on. Common sense just isn't common around here.

And hell yes, Killa's back, straight fire! Like that rear end in your profile pic. Damn.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
          You're spot on, absolutely spot on. Common sense just isn't common around here.

And hell yes, Killa's back, straight fire! Like that rear end in your profile pic. Damn.
          cam aint never went anywhere....dude just stays himself...on some slick ****...dude been in the game for how many years now and still takes dumps on most of these kids...and some have the nerve to say he aint a legend...cam is prob my all time fave

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
            It's not an attack by the way, You're one of the posters I respect the most.... I just feel like a lot of people are being very lenient with Wilder on this 50-50 thing and assume it's just a start but Wilder has a history of being "delusional" or greatly over-estimating his worth.

Refusing $4 million+ for Whyte (when AJ was not available) and asking for 7 million and saying his WBC belt is more valuable than all of Fury's belts, saying his resume speaks for itself and there's other nonsense he's said on top of that.

Now don't get me wrong, it's not a problem if you're just hyping yourself up and promoting but with Wilder you get a sense that he really believes all of it LIKE DEEPLY, especially when he talks about the US being bigger than the UK (like that means anything) to justify his 50-50 stance. I think the concerns for him not backing down from these ridiculous demands are justified given his track record.
            I've never said or thought he deserved the 50/50 thing, I'm just not going to jump on his ass this early about it because that's part of negotiations.
            Hearn's Whyte deal was odious from the get go and got worse as the weeks went by. I didn't say anything about it until it was revealed later that there was not even an AJ guarantee with that one.

The reason Wilder was right to turn his nose at Whyte and 4mill was that Whyte is trash and Deontay truly does want to step it up. Fighting whyte would draw more criticism. So, he tried to fight the guy no one wanted to fight; Ortiz. That's a ballsy move that deserved respect but the Wilder critics couldn't even have the integrity to recognise that.

I've been a huge critic of Wilder in terms of boxing and if he doesn't flex on 50/50 I'll be a critic of that. But, I believe there's few people who are willing to be honest about the guy and give him respect where it's due.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
              cam aint never went anywhere....dude just stays himself...on some slick ****...dude been in the game for how many years now and still takes dumps on most of these kids...and some have the nerve to say he aint a legend...cam is prob my all time fave
              Good calls. I feel like Cam won't get the props he deserves for a long, long time. Massively underappreciated Rapper.

Dude isn't afraid to stir it up, does his thing and keeps on going.

Comment

In any negotiation you always start high

Comment

Working...
                X