Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Parker's Promoter: Hearn's Offer For Joshua Was "Ridiculously Low"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He clearly has no confidence of the win (or his team have none) and is cashing out his belt or he would take the 20%, win then strong arm the rematch and other fighters as he would be the man in the division. AJ has had too much money put into him for them not to break the bank to try and reclaim if he is defeated.

Comment

• Originally posted by turnedup View Post
      Hearn is taking a page out of Oscar's book with Canelo and it might come back to bite him in the azz if AJ has a bad night and loses his straps.
      Exactly. Because these guys may make it harder for AJ to get a rematch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pechorin View Post
        I don't see anything wrong with 80/20 split as AJ is the star here and Parker will ultimately make more from the fight than in his next 3,4 fights combined.

What I do find funny tho, is how many of the people accussing Hearn, the same ones that always accuse Arum of lowballing, are big Mayweather fans that never had a problem with Mayweather lowballing his opponents, and May was notorious for that.
        What opponents since he left arum had a problem with mayweather paydays. **** after he beat oscar everyone wanted to fight may. **** horn calling him out now for a lottery ticket lol.

Comment

• Well 80-20 is pretty insulting. If I was Parker I wouldn’t do it either on principle. That’s a very hard fight for Parker and not so much for Joshua. Parker can make way more money fighting and keeping his belt over they next year. If Joshua’s handlers want the belt they will have to entice Parker. He’s the one likely to lose everything

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            1.4 million British pounds to Joseph Parker, for a British promoter, was a money loser on a fight in the UK.

Compare that to Matchroom Sport basically offering $4m to Deontay Wilder for a fight in the UK against Dillian Whyte (with there still being money there to work with before the potential Wilder fight would turn in the red).

Joseph Parker is a money loser on the UK equivalent of $2m, yet he deserves a big stake in a full event why?
            Wilder wasn't offered $4m by Hearn, he was offered close to 3 with US tv.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
              If you're gonna tell the story tell the whole story, Parker didnt factor into any of those sales, he took a fiat fee in escrow from Hennessy for his troubles of travelling, £1.4m, sterling not dollars. He had his own NZ ppv sales too, he didnt earn a cent from those youtube sales, Hennessy handled all that side trying to recoup his fee to Team Parker, it's widely acknowledged he made a loss none of that reflected on Parker whatsoever.
              Well, perhaps.

But it still tells you where his pulling power is compared to AJs.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                Well, perhaps.

But it still tells you where his pulling power is compared to AJs.
                Absolutely and I'm not saying he'd have done anything groundbreaking had Higgins have handled the promotion but it stands that they didn't handle the promotion Hennessy did. With all that said Higgins literally did the promotion for that fight on his own back with his pre fight outburst, not that he had anything riding on it, dude did his part bringing attention to shady judging in the UK and good on him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                  How much did Pacquiao and Mayweather pay their opponents?

How is 4 mil low when Parker makes nowhere near that?
                  There you go contradicting yourself again. Were they unification fights? Lets flip flop the facts so it can fit the agenda

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
                    Absolutely and I'm not saying he'd have done anything groundbreaking had Higgins have handled the promotion but it stands that they didn't handle the promotion Hennessy did. With all that said Higgins literally did the promotion for that fight on his own back with his pre fight outburst, not that he had anything riding on it, dude did his part bringing attention to shady judging in the UK and good on him.
                    Imo JP had the benefit of shady judging in that fight.

Also, he's benefitted from it in NZ too. We've seen a hilarious amount of bad judging in germany, U.S also.

Saying it's a british problem is a losers mentality. A victim's mentality.

It happens everwhere and as heavyweight champion of the world you should shut your mouth and make sure it doesn't go to the judges.

Comment

• 70/30 is more than fair but I keep saying that why do these promoters keep hiding behind figures etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X