• Rungvusai, the winner of Rigo/Loma, or Mayweather

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
      Up to now
      1. GGG
      2. Crawford
      3. Rungvisai
      ---

But I think Lomachenko will be #1 or 2 when he wins next month.
      1. GGG
      2. Crawford
      3. Rungvisai

I agree, could change on the outcome of the Rigo/Loma fight

Comment

• I'll pick three after Loma/Rigo

Candidates I like
        Golovkin - Finally, a legitimate run of elite opponents for 3G and while both fights were very close imo most think he won both of them.

Rungvisai - While there is a comfy debate for me to make as to who is most deserving, I think I'd like for Rungvisai to win it most. Was totally left off of the p4p list after that close first fight and then walked through and ended Roman in fight 2.

Crawford - Felix Diaz and Indongo are certainly respectable opponent choices but neither excites me a great deal. But, unifying the belts against a fighter coming off of back to back career best wins is admirable, even if he is not a known entity. And if you think FD got jobbed by Peterson, then that makes the case for Crawford even stronger.

Loma/Rigo winner - For obvious and soon to come reasons

Candidates to pass on
        Ward - Schitty ref calling aside, he put Kovalev in serious distress. Back in 2014 or 2015 if you said anything other than that Kovalev would walk through Ward, you'd have been laughed at by at least 50% of this site. Had he unified against Stevenson in a fight most would be picking him to win, he'd almost certainly be the FOTY.

Anthony Joshua - In AJ's defense, I could see why you'd include him. But I didn't like the Takam performance or stoppage a great deal. Plus, Fury won against Klit more easily... granted in a way less watchable fight. AJ could win comeback of the year or fight of the year doe.

Mikey Garcia - He is on a good comeback run no doubt but neither Broner nor Zlaticanin are FOTY caliber wins

Spence - I like Spence a lot but I think he's a fringe candidate without a 2nd fight. If he had scheduled the Lamont fight this year and won clean, he'd have made a strong case.

Mayweather - Fighter of the decade.... maybe. Fighter of 2017... no.
        Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 12-03-2017, 02:51 AM.

Comment

• Is OP from UK?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rovi View Post
            It hit me today, Keith Thurman.
            He unified the division and beat Danny Garcia in a huge event. He definitely drew a big crowd and didn't disappoint them.
            IN this aspect 100% he needs to be rated above AJ, don't even try to justify AJ's wins.
            And his success this year is far better than Spence's.
            I think Crawford and Thurman are the strongest candidates for the #1 post.
            Ahhh can't believe I didn't consider him at all

I mean I don't think I put him in the top 3 2017s but... him making Garcia look basic and clueless was impressive even if it was very boring to watch

Comment

• Ok, so it is December and this is the update:

No more nominations will be accepted unless they are to do with Rigo/Loma BUT make sure to PM me with amended lists.

After that, a poll of the top 3 will be constructed and you can all vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                Terence Crawford. He unified ALL the four major belts in his division.

Something Joshua has yet to do.
                I agree it has to be Terrance for unifying the belts. That's a rare occurrence and he deserves the #1 spot.

Comment

• Lomachenko
                  Golovkin
                  Mikey Garcia

Honorable mentions Joshua, Berchelt, Crawford, Inoue

Comment

• Winner of Loma/Rigo

GGG

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                      Well, as my previous thread (which will hopefully be stickied) was about the best fights, this is about the other big award, fighter of the year.

So, you know what to do, list your top three nominations and I'll sort through them and count them. Preferably list them in order of preference. I know things are subject to change due to Loma and Rigo, so theres time for people to make amendments.

Your top ranked fighter gets 3 points, second gets 2 and third gets 1. Keep that in mind, anyone not posting a top 3 will have their votes invalidated.

As of now:

1. Anthony Joshua - no reason to explain

2. Terence Crawford - some distance behind but based off his achievements rather than simply opposition, this guy has to be up there

3. Sor Rungvisai - if the first fight was controversial and no one took him seriously, the second left no room for an argument
                      Aj-"no reason to explain" ummm yeah there is, it's a subjective ranking. You should be able to back up your point

Who the F did crawford beat this year that was a top tier prospect? His best win is viktor Postol. He passes the eye test but he is not the fighter of the year. Felix Diaz and indongo don't cut it BRAH

I could see sor, two consecutive wins over a guy who was once tope 5 PFP.

LOMACHENKO, especially if he beats rigo. I;d have him in my top 3 without rigo even.

USYK--Wrecking guys

SPENCE-Went into england and beat Brook handily

Sor-Two wins over a former pfp top 5 guy

GGG--Scored a draw, but beat jacobs and most people thought he beat canelo. That's two pfp guys he beat in a year

Crawfor has an argument by he needs to face a killer

Comment

Working...
                      X