Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Fury Should Get More Respect in UK, Put England on Map

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think he put England on the map...but he certainly blew the HW division wide open as far as titles go. Actually, him getting stripped of his belts did that more than him actually winning the belts.

Hope we do see him get back to his best, which is very doubtful. He's a level above the current champions.

Comment

Yeah. Fury called you out in your face and you responded without making definite commitment as usual.
      As if you had all the time in the world.
      Things change as in any thing in life.
      But you should have at least showed intense interest.
      You are a joke.
      Last edited by rickJen; 11-11-2017, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
        I don't think he put England on the map...but he certainly blew the HW division wide open as far as titles go. Actually, him getting stripped of his belts did that more than him actually winning the belts.

Hope we do see him get back to his best, which is very doubtful. He's a level above the current champions.
        Good post....he was a level above current champs.

Comment

I think Lennox Lewis put the UK on the map as far as heavyweights are concerned. Fury did bring the boredom of Wlad's dominance to a close. But then he split the titles up and made the mess we have today.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
            Yeah. Fury called you out in your face and you responded without making definite commitment as usual.
            As if you had all the time in the world.
            Things change as in any thing in life.
            But you should have at least showed intense interest.
            You are a joke.
            He responded to Fury, but I guess you watch a different video of his response or just made your own up. Wilder-Fury should have happened but Fury went the route of Wlad as he should, and also gave Wlad a rematch as a sign of respect. There is nothing wrong with that. But, Wilder wanted the Fury fight - listen to both guys speak and you see there is clearly respect for each other.

Fury did put the UK on the map with his win because he toyed with Wlad and also did that in Wlad's hometown. That's how good his fight was and he barely got touched in that fight. Did Fury keep his head after that fight? No, he didn't and that's his fault. But, he beat the man. AJ has never beaten the man - he beat a man who was already beaten. I know you guys don't like to hear the truth but that does not change what the truth is.

Comment

Fury was the one who finally ended the Klitschko era. Not Anthony Joshua.

He should get more respect for that.

Comment

He got loads of respect. This is revisionist history at its finest.

Fury's face was all over the papers and the news when he won.

Then he started slagging off Jews and ****sexuals. The Wlad rematch was drawn out and and a comically bad promotion (well done Mick) before it fell apart. Then he was busted for PEDs, cocaine and told a UKAD tester to **** off. Now he a fat waster who spends his time talking **** on twitter. At least Shannon Briggs had the decency to be in shape when he was ranting and raving at other fighters.

I dont hate Fury. I think he was excellent when in shape. But his problems are largely down to his own actions. I doubt we ever see him in prime form again, I hope he is able to get in decent shape so that the AJ vs Fury fight can be made and considered competitive.

Comment

Maps were invented before 2015 therefore he didn't put England on the map. There used to be a fighter called Lennox Lewis who was good.

Comment

I agree with Wilder. Also I think people are misinterpreting his remarks. Obviously the UK has had tremendous fighters over the years. I think he meant as far as post Lewis era heavyweights are concerned. The UK hasn't had much to be excited about in the heavyweight division for many years. Fury came and beat the champ and showed himself to be the real deal.

Comment

When is Wilder going to put America on the map?

Comment

Working...
                      X