Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Parker's Promoter: We'd Fight Joshua at 60-40 Split in His Favor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
    Hearns problem is whatever Parker gets Wilder will want more.
    Somebody gets it lol but I think Parker will land in the $7 - $10 million range, and Wilder will be $10 - $15. This is due to the differences in sponsorships, network deals, etc. for the respective fights. The US money factor can't be ignored lol

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
      This... it could all go **** up for the lot of us for a megafight if Parker towns AJ.
      This is my biggest fear. If AJ is unable to knock out Parker within 5 rounds and he begins to tire, what happens then? Parker does not seem to tire as quickly as AJ; he also has the best chin. I will not underestimate him in any way.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickmerch1990 View Post
        Need to just fook parker off he will lose his belt v a bum in the long run anyway 40% hes about a 2m fighter max demanding 20m just swerve him greedy team should jump threw hoops for 10m and be very grateful hes an average fighter getting the chance to unify 4 belts that muppet promoter must think fast eddie is slow
        I feel like I need to sell you a full stop.

Comment

Won't happen too bad

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
            Somebody gets it lol but I think Parker will land in the $7 - $10 million range, and Wilder will be $10 - $15. This is due to the differences in sponsorships, network deals, etc. for the respective fights. The US money factor can't be ignored lol
            There are a lot of factors that go into what each person makes, it is not just marketability. I don't know why so many are clueless about this. Is Wlad as marketable as AJ? No, he never was - yet he was paid 50%. Why? Because of his former reign as champion, even though he had lost at that stage. How could someone coming off a loss receive 50% from AJ? Because he would not have fought for less even though he was no longer champion. See?

The following factors are important:

1. Marketability
            2. Location
            3. Who comes from the location specified
            4. Status - Champion or contender
            5. Length of reign as champion.
            6. Reputation
            7. Desperation of the initiator for the fight.
            8. Desperation of side A to claim the belt from side B.
            9. Others

So, looking at 1 and 2 above, even though AJ is far more marketable, do you expect Wilder to take less if the fight happens in Vegas? Of course not. Now, AJ may receive more of the PPV for the UK but Wilder would prefer to receive more for the PPV for the US.

And why do we care about all this anyway? They just need to fight. Let's leave that headache to them.

Comment

I'd agree that 80/20 seems a bit too little, but 60/40 is pushing it. Parker is unknown and should be glad if his grandmother would recognize him on the street. He is losing this belt 100% so its worth putting up a fight for the money though.

Its a strategy question: fight AJ and cash out now or play hard to get and fight C-level fighters for much less, but longer and then cash out in 2019 to Wilder or AJ. Problem is Povetkin is on the horizon and he's coming for this belt, which may interfere with this plan. No doubt Povetkin will take the belt as well.

Comment

Hearn will settle around this as the last thing he wants straight away is Wilder.Needs to bank as much as possible before a real threat. Not good for the fans !

Comment

60/40

Comment

forget all this money talk to the public get that sorted behind closed doors - we just want to see the title holders face up v each other.

Comment

I think 60/40 is fair!!! The reason I think it's fair is it keeps Wilder from getting the belt!! Other any other circumstance I wouldn't accept it with AJ being the A side. But AJ might as well accept it and take that belt easy work!!

Comment

Working...
                      X