Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it out of the realm of possibility that Bermane threw the fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do you tell the difference between him throwing hte fight and him being a fat slob bum?

Comment

No. Nope. No way. Absolutely not. Couldn't happen. Nay. Nein. Way crazy to think so.
      Certainly not. I guarantee it. Bermane guarantees it. Hell no. HAIL no.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-O Suave View Post
        If that’s the case he’s already set for life lmao a million dollars does not guarantee a set life.

Comment

Sure it's possible. I am assuming Stiverne fought his best and his best wasn't enough to stop Wilder from crushing him. Do I know for a fact Stiverne fought his best and didn't lose on purpose? No I don't. It's possible he threw the fight but I don't think he did.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-O Suave View Post
            Is it out of the realm of possibility that Bermane threw the fight?

Here me out here....I've been all in on BoooooooombSquaaaaaad since day one...look at my track record on here aka resume and you will see very early threads on Wilder...

that being said...I caught a weird vibe off the fight... I wasn't gonna post it but after seeing the fight bout 10 times I was like hmmm...

I mean...you got an ex champ who looked fairly good vs DW... the same champ who is now fat out of shape and seemingly not looking for much in the way of boxing for the last two years... dude prob getting one LAST fat payday and that's it...so you throw a milli at him and say go down and go down HARD... a milli sets this kat up real good like and he can go an his way...now you have a monster in your hands in DW (who as been a monster) but now looks superhero like... invincible like..... I mean the talk of killing one another before the fight was over the top... never have you heard someone say that... they were maximizing attraction....

the millions everyone involved stands to make from an AJ fight is reed-iculous throwing a milli at Stevern to ensure the perfect outcome would be nothing but an investment.

I certainly hope this is not the case but how did Steven go down so easy is DW just that good? (I Hope so)

wachugot?????
            Honestly, I wonder about so many fights these days although I didn't used to. I think there is a lot of naivety among boxing fans who will swear that no fight is rigged.

Clearly, the Wilder win over Malik Scott was a dive. There's no way around that one.

And of course, would a guy actually take punishment in a dive, seeing as how Stiverne did get hit. Although the ending barrage was sort of masked between the ref and the ropes, Stiverne definitely took legitimate punishment. Still, though, for millions most of us would take a beat down. Why not?

At the same time, Stiverne did look like he hasn't seen a gym since Tyson Fury sang that Aerosmith song. That was my main complaint- one guy didn't give a damn. This was similar to Holyfield-Douglas. Buster didn't even try. It's not Holyfield's fault and it's not Wilder's but it discredits the win. Fanboys hate to hear that but it does.

Fanboys also will jump on this as quickly as they can. We all know the names and I haven't looked beyond the thread starter, but I'm sure they're already on here. I wonder if they actually get paid to line up like little BOMBSQUAD soldiers to praise their boy on beating a fat bum. I'm a Vitali fan but I didn't praise his win over Odlanier. It ******. He knew it ****** too as did everyone else. When a fat bum shows up, you get things like this.

But to the original question of it being rigged, I never rule it out. We know there are bad decisions, referees ruining fights, etc. Rigging a KO is tricky but can be done, as evidence in Wilder's fight with Scott. So it wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

Originally posted by White Willy View Post
              Malik Scott took a dive. There is no doubt about that.
              That was clear as day.

Al Bernstein was struggling to put a lid on that one.

Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaSlamma View Post
                After taxes, expenses, trainers, and Don King's management fee, Stivernes take home MIGHT be $200,000. That won't pay the bills long! No way he took a dive for that weak ass payday.
                $200,000 is never a weak-ass pay day.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
                  No. Nope. No way. Absolutely not. Couldn't happen. Nay. Nein. Way crazy to think so.
                  Certainly not. I guarantee it. Bermane guarantees it. Hell no. HAIL no.

LOL.

Easy there...

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                    $200,000 is never a weak-ass pay day.
                    To take punches from Deontay Wilder? You are nuts. Hospital bills could be double or triple that.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaSlamma View Post
                      To take punches from Deontay Wilder? You are nuts. Hospital bills could be double or triple that.
                      A 400,000 dollar hospital bill?

Wasn't Walter White's entire cancer treatments less than that?

Haha.

Comment

Working...
                      X