Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Thurman Wouldn't Have Much of a Chance Against Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
    I don't see Crawford losing to anyone until he goes up to 154. Brook was handling Spence for at least 7 rounds before that body work and size wore him down. Bud might KO him. Thurman bounces around then attacks. Predictable. Bud will walk him down, stifle that bad elbow and finish him late.
    You trippin....There is good competition at 147 for Bud & Errol was punishing brook slowly & I could tell from round 1 who was in control of that fight. Bud would have to work real hard to stop Keith. I don't see it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      and floyd got rocked vs corley. it happens. crawford made adjustements and destroyed him. difference is gamboa was one of the best fighters in boxing and corely was just a fringe contender. if thurman can knock out crawford then so be it but crawford is going to adjust to what thurman offers and i dont see thurman doing the same when crawford starts finding the holes. he might fight harder but not smarter. and thurman is not technically good at all...
      I've been saying it for years now, but Thurman can do with another trainer that can enhance his strengths. This fighting off the back foot, throwing one punch at a time and depleting his gas tank unnecessarily, will do him in at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
        I'm not saying Thurman beats Crawford, im simply saying that Thurman has a chance, even a good chance I would say and to suggest otherwise is stupid.

Both are intelligent fighters so I wouldn't see it being a one sided-beating either way.
        yes thurman can win. hes a good fighter. and who knows what will happen if the fight goes to decision. the winner could be announced as anyone. what actually happened during the fight is completely irrelevant with boxing judges now. they will pick who they want for their own reasons. maybe they get it right and maybe not but even if they do get it right i doubt its for the right reasons

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
          Absolutely not. Postol wouldn't be able to handle that pressure and he is not strong enough to keep Porter off of him. Porter would stop Postol.
          porter much less of a challenge
          to a postol than matthysse.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
            I agree with Arum. Crawford would make Thurman look pretty stupid.

thurman gets fked up royally
            If you agree then why don't you see arum put him in there??

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
              You have a problem seeing the reality....it would be a good fight but to say it would be no problem for Bud is asinine. Thurman has skills & has a good head on his shoulders in & out the ring.
              what an asinine comment. i have no problem seein the reality of a significant gap between the two.
              Last edited by ceylon mooney; 11-01-2017, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by North Star View Post
                I've been saying it for years now, but Thurman can do with another trainer that can enhance his strengths. This fighting off the back foot, throwing one punch at a time and depleting his gas tank unnecessarily, will do him in at some point.
                And he's been proving you wrong for years now....Errol would do him in with that body-blow I don't know bout Bud though....

Comment

Thurman is fighting like some wild gorilla, so unorthodox and unexpected. I'm sure he defeats Spence but Crawford is something interesting.

Comment

👍🍻

Originally posted by Gary Coleman View Post
                    I don't think Bud beats either guy.
                    He's no longer the big fish in a little pond.
                    Why the hypocrites don't see your comment for what it is the truth.
                    Those 7lbs make the difference.
                    Now your fighting Jr.mids instead of Jr.lights.
                    Uncle Al's top WW's are a different animal then Vargas, Ali, Horn, & Alvarado of TR.
                    Thurman stops that lightweight with a bad resume.

Comment

Boom

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                      Thurman would crack that chin and stop Crawford.

One Time is getting underrated here, Spence is a 50/50 fight but TC is probably the most overrated guy in boxing today and won't withstand Thurman. Crap resume but he unified 140 (against B levels) so everybody is creaming their panties. This guy will get a rude awakening at 147 if he fights anybody other than Horn.
                      Another post he rings thruth.
                      Name one P4P, or universally top guy in ANY DIVISION that he was champ fought?
                      He just left 140, and missed Regis Progrias, Omar Figueroa Jr., Maurico Herrara, and Garanados.
                      Not saying those guys would win, but he never fights the best, but yet he's considered the best?
                      What are we not seeing?

Comment

Working...
                      X