Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Thurman Wouldn't Have Much of a Chance Against Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
    I never thought Gamboa would win the fight based on how he looked in his previous fight. I think the long lay off and apparent lack of discipline ruined Gamboa, Crawford put the nail in the coffin.

I'm still a big believer in Thurman. I know he gets knocked a lot because he didn't look good against some mediocre opponents but I think he's a lot better fighter than he gets credit for.
    I've always liked Thurman too, but he doesn't fight like the One Time I became a fan of years ago. He's fought and beaten everyone in front of him, but it's been a lot harder than it should be. He has the ability to be a better fighter than he is now. I still see it in him, but I don't care for how he's been fighting recently.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
      And he's been proving you wrong for years now....Errol would do him in with that body-blow I don't know bout Bud though....
      How is wanting Thurman to live up to his potential, being wrong? The way he fights right now is not ideal. He's just barely getting by these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
        Well fuken make the fight happen. I'm pretty sure most fighters believe they could beat their opponents that's why they take the fight. By the way Crawford only good victory is freakin Postol. Thurman beat Porter and Garcia. Simple make the fight happen to see who is better. I'm sure they both want to get payed and both would rather face each other than Spence.
        arum cant just make it happen you ******. he does not promote thurman and thurman is in no rush to fight crawford he thinks crawford needs to prove himself first lol.

Comment

Originally posted by KayDub View Post
          Porter was the bigger stronger fighter. Porter started as a MW and is now a WW. Gamboa is skilled but way too small for Crawford.
          Is Margarito a better win than Morales, Barrera, and Marquez?

Comment

It takes two to tango and I don't see a long line of folks claiming to actually want to fight Spence at this time........He has to take what is available and presently it's Lamont Peterson.

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
              arum cant just make it happen you ******. he does not promote thurman and thurman is in no rush to fight crawford he thinks crawford needs to prove himself first lol.
              U ******, Thurman beat Porter and Garcia. Who the fuk has Crawford beaten, freakin Postol. U dumb ass, now he wants Jeff Horn.

Comment

When it is time to make those fights then make sure you make them ARUM! Don't try to block them or try to take control of them.

Anyway that is a GREAT Match Up but the sudden disrespect of Thurman and people writing him off vs Spence Jr and Terrance Crawford, that is a HUGE MISTAKE! Thurman is one of the more Versatile fighters in boxing today, he can boxing brilliantly off of his backfoot but he can also stand and trade and he can also come forward as he did for like the first 3 Rounds vs Danny and was dominating him but people Ignore that:

Thurman still has that Power, you're not just going to run him down and walk through his punches.

Also a High IQ guy who can adjust, very Intelligent fighter inside and outside of the ring. People are ready to just push him out as Champ and crown Spence Jr and Crawford but they have to take it from him and I don't see that being easy at all for either of them!
                Last edited by sicko; 11-01-2017, 11:54 AM.

Comment

I like Bud but he is unproven at 147 & I can see Thurman beating Errol if he boxes & keeps Errol at bay & I can see Errol stopping Thurman with a body-shot so until Bud can prove something at 147 its all up in the air....
                  I agree. Also styles make fights and I think Thurman has a style that can beat Spence.

Comment

Floyd is only saying that to give himself credit for it prolonging & making more $, he trying to make himself look like a better business man. Remember it was Floyd & his team that presented the fight to manny in 2009 & it was bob that said no to the fight....
                    GTFO with that excuse nonsense. So now you are going to cherry-pick what you believe out of Floyd's mouth and tell us what he really meant? Floyd came up with over ten excuses not to fight Manny in his prime. I can list them all if you like.

Comment

• Thurman swing too wide and loads up too much

Crawford is so versatile and has an excellent strategist behind him who always comes up with the right gameplan

Crawford can choose to move and potshot or be on front foot and if hes on front foot and thurman tries to win i think crawford stops him

Comment

Working...
                      X