Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will boxers eventually have skull crushing power?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    Peds weren't in use back then either.
    Very true!

Comment

Originally posted by serious box View Post
      You'd be surprised what adrenaline does combined with anger and I mean intense rage. Plus you hear of woman overturning cars with adrenaline in a accident stranger things have happened mate
      yea I suppose if you had a car on you.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
        Athletes have gotten bigger and stronger, faster in boxing.

Will they eventually max out and make the sport entirely to dangerous?

Due to head injuries

It already kinda happened/happening in the NFL right now . I think people hit twice as hard as in the 80's and they bigger and faster.

Teams have to have like 3 running backs now...we're seeing NFL teams having to pull from practice squads like none other.

We have the ability to outpace a sport
        Of course Dillan Whyte was nearly killed by Joshua, as for Wilder he will kill somebody before his career is over

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
          yea I suppose if you had a car on you.
          Yeah the adrenaline release for that is caused by visual stimuli seeing a car on loved ones. So what's to say visualisation based on the imagination and individuals intelligence. can't replicate a similar release of adrenaline through working there self up. I've had an issue with anger since being a child due to the environment I was brought up in. And can work myself into a frenzy just imagining people who have wronged me. I might be wrong but I've read In many articles left handed people are visual thinkers ie 3D. Maybe that's why I picture things differently

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
            I think people hit twice as hard as in the 80's and they bigger and faster
            Who the hell hits TWICE as hard as Foreman or Shavers did back in the day?
            Bullc**p

Comment

Originally posted by vasi.utziu@yaho View Post
              Who the hell hits TWICE as hard as Foreman or Shavers did back in the day?
              Bullc**p
              Yea bs look how hard Foreman hit when he came back.btw anybody else think Shavers power is a little overated.I just mean most people just go with that idea I think Foreman was a harder hitter.And I know what Ali said but he also did not want to fight Foreman again in 76-77 he knew he was pretty shot already.

Comment

Deontay Wilder already does

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
                  You're wrong on all accounts. The game is played differently in the NFL, and that is all.

Joe Louis would love to fight the guys today instead of the guys of yesteryear.
                  I highly doubt that. Joe Louis sat between 195 and 215lbs in his career, regularly fighting sub-200lb guys. He'd be giving away a ridiculous amount of weight and power against fighters today - and he'd get killed.

Give him 10 years of modern training and nutrition, and he'd probably compete.

Jet back to the 40's and ask an elite athlete if they know anyhting about hypertrophy, and they'd look at you like you're a ****ing alien.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
                    I highly doubt that. Joe Louis sat between 195 and 215lbs in his career, regularly fighting sub-200lb guys. He'd be giving away a ridiculous amount of weight and power against fighters today - and he'd get killed.

Give him 10 years of modern training and nutrition, and he'd probably compete.

Jet back to the 40's and ask an elite athlete if they know anyhting about hypertrophy, and they'd look at you like you're a ****ing alien.
                    They actually let aliens box back in that era remember primo carnera. If that's not from another constellation I don't know who is.

Comment

Originally posted by serious box View Post
                      They actually let aliens box back in that era remember primo carnera. If that's not from another constellation I don't know who is.
                      Great call. Dude was a freak of nature.

Comment

Working...
                      X