Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Shakes Head at Joshua Guarantee For Wilder Facing Whyte

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
    Completely different situation, I didn't pay any interest in that sham of a fight so I don't really know the ins and outs of what role Conor's company played. What I do know though is the UFC business model is way different to any business model a boxing promoter has with they're fighters
    I'm not talking about the UFC I'm talking about lil boxers sham companies to put on posters.

Those can be legit or nothing. Miguel Cotto has a promotional company. Manny had one for years before they had a fight I believe. I think Sadam Ali gots one. Its not a special thing & its not something that means anything necessarily is what I'm saying.

And mostly I'm saying it means nothing that Joshua has this sorta thing on a fight poster cuz I've seen it hundreds of times & they are for tax purposes or ego like 50%+ of the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by THC View Post
      A Whyte preliminary won't make Joshua-Wilder a bigger event than it already is. Hearn is full of it.
      But a Whyte victory will give Hearn control of the HWD

Comment

• Look at fools in here defending it too. So blatantly obvious Hearn doesn't want Wilder vs Joshua anytime soon

Comment

• Originally posted by Kigali View Post
          Wilder can forget about an Anthony Joshua fight.
          Yes, it is blatantly obvious that neither Hearns or Joshua want this fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by nixxter View Post
            Yeah, they can but what kind of guarantee is that? We are back to square one. A Joshua-Wilder fight will be huge and it happens only if they agree on purse and venue.
            Its binding & it leads to final 4 fights becoming top 2 fights is all I know lol. Its completely standard.

We are talking about the first heavyweight unified champion since Lennox Luis. A Joshua-Wilder title unification bout will be breaking all kinds of records, it can easy be a 100 million fight. I don't expect the negotiations to easy.
            Its rarely easy with any fight I'd imagine. But everyone is gonna be bathing in more money then they've seen before & that is often the case. Its all relative. $100k for a guy who's best purse has be $20K is no different than a $100M fight for these guys who are already making 7 or 8 digits. So its all big & its all important to the people involved, but that doesn't stop good faith deals in contracts involving future fights being agreed to.

And there is another point. Hearn wants Joshua to first fight Parker in the spring to collect that belt. But there is no guarantee this fight will happen so early considering Parker's team comments. And nobody knows yet what the situation is with Joshua's WBA title defense. So it's quite possible Joshua's next fight not to be with Parker and the Parker fight to be pushed back to the summer. I think it's pretty clear Hearn will make the Wilder fight only after Joshua has relieved Parker of his belt. And I cannot blame him. Why fight Wilder in the spring for 50 million when they can make a record breaking unification bout in the summer or winter for 100 million?
            Well there is always the marination debate or just the wait til "this happens" debate to have. Personally I think it slows up money more than it increases money as fans wanna see the best fight each time out so you are making some cats disinterested while you are waiting for cats who don't even follow boxing hardly to get excited about mfers they don't know yet, but thats debatable.

And I don't doubt Hearn would like to fight Parker first or even have Wilder fight Parker so that makes Joshua vs Wilder bigger in many peoples eyes either way. And there is always the risk that guys lose or injuries happen or all sorts of sh^t goes down. Thats just part of boxing & things lie where they lie with that & it doesn't really have anything to do with a final 4 setup with Wilder, Joshua, Parker & some other guy. If sh^t goes south it goes south & everyone loses money that they coulda had.

Comment

• Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
              But a Whyte victory will give Hearn control of the HWD
              Yep. Thats the real goal with this Whyte silliness. Whyte isn't really relevant to the title holders even a lil bit if he's not with Hearn. Hearn is wishing upon wishing that Whyte upsets Wilder (or Parker I'd imagine) & he can make this Whyte vs Joshua II fight. And if his deal with Joshua isn't as good as it used to be I wouldn't be surprised if he's rooting for Whyte as garbage as Whyte is lol. But yea he once hurt Joshua + barely got by Del Boy so somehow he matters & its about Wilder more than Hearn with this silly bs.

Comment

• Hearn and Joshua just don't seem eager to fight Wilder because any time his name is mentioned things like business, mandatories, and ****ty Dillian Whyte keep being mentioned. They are afraid

Comment

• Whyte is hearns side girl that he offers first at a cheaper rate before getting to his main girl lol

Either way if hearn is confident Whyte will win sign the damn thing,

If he confident Aj will win sign the damn thing.

If you as fans who heartedly believe that Wilder has no chance you should be getting hearn to sign the damn thing.

I'd be saying the same thing about any fighter.

Comment

• Hearn you are one wanking promoter. You know AJ will get starched so you're taking the Arum route of marinating. Your fighter needs to get in the ring and fight the best or give up the belt. Boxing needs this fight.

Comment

• No idea what Hearn is playing at - give Wilder the guarantee. As boxing fans who doesn't want to see Wilder fight Whyte and Joshua?

Comment

Working...
                      X