Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anthony Joshua's Time To Leave Eddie Hearn And Go Solo TMT Style?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by papichulosweg View Post
    This is the problem with idiots that followed (may cherry picking weather)they think they can go out there and make 20 mil a fight.
    He is making 20 mill a fight. You wouldn’t last 2 seconds with the worst opponent on his record.

Comment

Exactly why top fighters now fight once a year.
      Keep on promoting this nonsense and boxing would be dead in no time.

Comment

He might get a better share money wise in the short term but imo he'll be less protected, lose sooner and have less earnings overall.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Kewl Hair View Post
          He might get a better share money wise in the short term but imo he'll be less protected, lose sooner and have less earnings overall.
          What he said.

Comment

At this stage of Joshua's career, Hearn is about as useful as the AJ's spit bucket carrier.

Hearn is using AJ to push his own name and that of his stable.

Two examples are:

HBO - Only reason HBO are interested in working with him and giving Hearn dates is because they want Joshua on their network. This doesn't benefit Joshua financially in any way.

Using his stable fighters like Whyte to force Wilder to have to fight them in order to get a fight with Joshua. Once again this Hearn using Joshua as a carrot so he can make extra money making fights like Wilder-Shyte which no one wants to see and it doesn't help Joshua financially in any way.

Comment

Hearn made Joshua a star and has a lot of connections. Hearn is also a controversial figure himself which inevitably draws more attention on Joshua's fights. Hearn might be hated but that's part of his game, at the end of the day people still buy his fights. 90k people boo Hearn but this doesn't change the fact that they paid the tickets for his show. It's all part of his persona.

Also it isn't as easy to promote yourself as you think. You need an entire team behind you that needs to organize everything. Organizing a big event for 90k people is a nightmare if you don't have capable people with experience behind it. There are so many things that need to be arranged and figured out. Hearn has a lot of experience organizing big boxing events. He also has a stable of fighters to put on the undercard. Good luck doing all of that on your own.

Comment

I think he should do his own thing, but I don't think he needs to drop Hearn. I think he just should have the juice to not be contractually obligated for multiple fights to Hearn or any other promoter who'll take a bigger cut than they deserve at the level of popularity that Joshua has gotten to from being Joshua & less about how Hearn has promoted him.

Any halfwit could get Joshua to a certain level of fame. Look at the f#cking guy. He looks like a cartoon superhero ffs. So if Hearn was 100% responsible for Joshua then where are all the other Joshua's? That fact they aren't 20 Hearn created Joshua-like guys out there suggests Joshua's popularity is more about Joshua than Hearn so yea Joshua should see maximum upside in this short career path he's chosen.

That said I think any boxer who's sold a mill PPV's (if not lower) for one of his fights should be doing his own thing so I might be biased.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxnation fan View Post
                  At this stage of Joshua's career, Hearn is about as useful as the AJ's spit bucket carrier.

Hearn is using AJ to push his own name and that of his stable.

Two examples are:

HBO - Only reason HBO are interested in working with him and giving Hearn dates is because they want Joshua on their network. This doesn't benefit Joshua financially in any way.

Using his stable fighters like Whyte to force Wilder to have to fight them in order to get a fight with Joshua. Once again this Hearn using Joshua as a carrot so he can make extra money making fights like Wilder-Shyte which no one wants to see and it doesn't help Joshua financially in any way.
                  Good points.

Hearn is using things to his max advantage thus Joshua should be too & for Joshua that means not being contractually obligated to any promoter (like I said he doesn't even need to leave Hearn, just freelance fight by fight with him) & give up to much of a % of your fights + the back end of your fights.

Joshua should be getting 10 cents or whatever % for every hotdog or whatever UK mfers eat at fights that get sold at his events. I'd bet he's not currently although feel free to correct me if I'm wrong anyone in the know about that.

Comment

No not yet, if ever.

Regarding the Floyd comparison, sure he left Top Rank but he still pretty much had Golden Boy promote his fight against Oscar, Hatton, Marquez, ect. THEN you can say he went solo, well in actuality he still had the superbrain of Haymon masterminding his moves at Showtime. Canelo is a bigger star than AJ and he has Oscar/GBP, so it's not easy. AJ and his promoter have a great machine built up, he can't do it solo.

Comment

Working...
                    X