Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing game for Xbox One (EA or otherwise )

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing game for Xbox One (EA or otherwise )

There's been a calling for a new boxing game for the Xbox One and Playstation 4 for some time now. Everyone is calling for EA to create a Fight Night Round 5 or Fight Night champion 2, but the industry is claiming the cost of the rights for known named boxers would cost more than they would profit in sales.
    Now to my point: why does EA and other game designers think it's necessary to use real boxers?
    Why can't they be creative enough to make a quality boxing game with imaginary characters but make it such a fun game that it wouldn't even make a difference? That way, the boxing fans would have a quality,fun, and realistic boxing game and the company wouldn't have to spend so much. Common sense anyone?
    Last edited by CRUSUR; 10-26-2017, 07:16 PM.

I agree. I would buy it.

Comment

They should just make the game, not buy the rights and change their names and appearance very slightly, like they do in Pro evolution soccer.

Sonny Piston, martin hagler, olexander yousick, etc etc

But yeah ive barely played any video games since the last fight night...hope they make one asap.

Comment

Originally posted by CRUSUR View Post
        There's been a calling for a new boxing game for the Xbox One and Playstation 4 for some time now. Everyone is calling for EA to create a Fight Night Round 5 or Fight Night champion 2, but the industry is claiming the cost of the rights for known name boxers would cost more than they would profit in sales.
        Now to my point: why does EA and other game designers think it's necessary to use real boxers?
        Why can't they be creative enough to make a quality boxing game with imaginary characters but make it such a fun game that it wouldn't even make a difference? That way, the boxing fans would have a quality,fun, and realistic boxing game and the company wouldn't have to spend so much. Common sense anyone?
        I'd like to see it personally - I'd fork out money for a decent boxing game regardless of whether they have licensed names.

Problem is, it's the casual market that will make or break a games success. Without licensed fighters, it simply won't draw. Boxing wouldn't be a cash cow in the gaming industry if everything fell into place - subtract from that, and it's just not a profitable exercise.

Those who would appreciate a technical experience, regardless of names, just don't make up enough of the market.

Comment

they should just get behind Hajime No Ippo ...more people worldwide know those characters than real life boxers(other than maayweather/pacquiao/joshua), plus, you pretty much have a story mode(like the ones being pushed by games nowadays) and a potential everyday life online mode(like the one from nba 2k18) already written and 100 times superior to anything they pay some Hollywood hacks for. And the engine of the old games was miles better than anything EA has come up with...especially regarding footwork. I mean, EA took a shot at an arcade game with boxing in Facebreaker ffs... An actual good boxing sim game with great story and characters and a halfway decent budget would get word of mouth from the gaming industry if it was made by a big company for the main markets. No ones ever gonna take a chance on that though, so I should just stop dreaming.

Comment

I'm sure Carl froch & his 80,000 fans at Wembley can stump up enough of a profit to subsidise the cost of the game. They shove this ufc with "exclusive bruce Lee dlc" b*llocks, about time ea bucked there ideas up I invested many a hour into there franchise as a young man. From fight night 2004 onwards

Comment

I also punched/elbowed an acquaintance in the neck who was facing me on fight night round 4 he kept spamming the block lean back glitch the fraggle, good times

Comment

just get a sega genesis and track down a copy of greatest heavyweights...problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                  they should just get behind Hajime No Ippo ...more people worldwide know those characters than real life boxers(other than maayweather/pacquiao/joshua), plus, you pretty much have a story mode(like the ones being pushed by games nowadays) and a potential everyday life online mode(like the one from nba 2k18) already written and 100 times superior to anything they pay some Hollywood hacks for. And the engine of the old games was miles better than anything EA has come up with...especially regarding footwork. I mean, EA took a shot at an arcade game with boxing in Facebreaker ffs... An actual good boxing sim game with great story and characters and a halfway decent budget would get word of mouth from the gaming industry if it was made by a big company for the main markets. No ones ever gonna take a chance on that though, so I should just stop dreaming.
                  EA need to cut Floyd a ten million dollar check, and have a story mode revolved around his career injuries, cuts, give secret insight to certain fights etc, kind like fn champion ...

EA being cheap, snag the biggest fish and the others would run to be a part of the game

Comment

Ea is a garbage company. Rather have someone like 2k make one. But yea prob be a long time till it happens. Making fake boxers wouldn't be bad but the gameplay would have to be top notch to make up for the non real boxers

https://www.fightful.com/exclusive-w...ng-video-games
                    Last edited by HanzGruber; 10-26-2017, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X