Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing game for Xbox One (EA or otherwise )

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
    I'm ignorant, show me more!
    "Right now, a great portion of the core of the Fight Night team are actually the team that are building UFC," said Wilson. He added that EA is focusing on UFC because of its ever-growing prominence as an international sport; boxing, on the other hand, is much less popular than it used to be.

EA announced at E3 2012 that it had acquired the UFC license from THQ and signed a multi-year exclusive agreement with UFC to produce UFC games.

https://www.polygon.com/2013/5/24/43...-andrew-wilson

That's called a SOURCE from EA SPORTS. No more Fight Night because ITS NOT POPULAR, like ANDREW WILSON from EA SPORTS said. NOT POPULAR. Not no fcuking licensing.

Andrew Wilson is the Executive Vice President of EA Sports. That's my source.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew...n_(businessman)
    Last edited by McNulty; 10-26-2017, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
      You're ignorant and I'm not mad. The game was losing money so they signed a contract with UFC. They can't afford to make both and took the chance on UFC. They're closing IPs ******. Do you know what that means? Games are getting shut down because it costs too much money. Tiger Woods got shut down and wont be the last.

You're lying about the licensing. Get a source or STFU mong.
      Lmao you're clearly upset. Go look at the link I posted on the first page. And tiger woods is irrelevant. Ea still makes golf games smart guy

Comment

Lmao you're clearly upset. Go look at the link I posted on the first page. And tiger woods is irrelevant. Ea still makes golf games smart guy
        EA no longer makes Golf games. McIlroy is the last. There won't be another. Here is another source for the ******.

https://forums.ea.com/en/pga-tour/di...s-been-shelved

http://www.sportingnews.com/other-sp...q15rzlplyvlsfi

The used to make a Golf game every year. Been 2 years and nothing.

Comment

Go look at the link I posted on the first page.
          The subject was brought up to a source within EA Sports, and it was stated that the market just wasn’t strong enough – both domestic and international – to justify a continuing boxing game on top of the UFC titles.

According to the conversation that was had, every fighter gets licensed individually for boxing titles because – unlike the UFC, NFL, NHL, etc. – there isn’t a single governing body to license all fighters. And without a large contingent of licensed fighters, the company just doesn’t see the value in releasing a game with a generic roster.

https://www.fightful.com/exclusive-w...ng-video-games

First of all that article is lying. No way anybody from EA gives themsleves up and risks their job.

Dude, you're the same idiot form the other thread that said YOU KNEW the source and all along it was some crappy fight site saying they had a source.

When you work for EA you sign an NDA. Violate that NDA and you lose your job. I have friends that work in the company and friends that used to work for the company.

Why would a source, by the way --- only dev leads would know that info and those guys make 150k+/year minimum, why would they risk 3k/week for an article that's not paying them anything? Because it's FAKE NEWS from a terrible SOURCE.

Lets just say that horrible link wasn't FAKE NEWS, the article is saying exactly what I said, the market just wasn’t strong enough. Not because of any license. Sales were down WITH the license.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
            The subject was brought up to a source within EA Sports, and it was stated that the market just wasn’t strong enough – both domestic and international – to justify a continuing boxing game on top of the UFC titles.

According to the conversation that was had, every fighter gets licensed individually for boxing titles because – unlike the UFC, NFL, NHL, etc. – there isn’t a single governing body to license all fighters. And without a large contingent of licensed fighters, the company just doesn’t see the value in releasing a game with a generic roster.

https://www.fightful.com/exclusive-w...ng-video-games

First of all that article is lying. No way anybody from EA gives themsleves up and risks their job.

Dude, you're the same idiot form the other thread that said YOU KNEW the source and all along it was some crappy fight site saying they had a source.

When you work for EA you sign an NDA. Violate that NDA and you lose your job. I have friends that work in the company and friends that used to work for the company.

Why would a source, by the way --- only dev leads would know that info and those guys make 150k+/year minimum, why would they risk 3k/week for an article that's not paying them anything? Because it's FAKE NEWS from a terrible SOURCE.

Lets just say that horrible link wasn't FAKE NEWS, the article is saying exactly what I said, the market just wasn’t strong enough. Not because of any license. Sales were down WITH the license.
            I never said I knew a source wtf are you talking about. Dude you are way too upset about this holy shlt. Do you work that ea or something it's not that serious

Comment

Supposedly Amir khan did body scans for EA

Comment

I'm most certain a boxing game of any kind would sell at this point. Especially an online game with tournaments and/or rankings would be a big hit. Gamers like matching their skills against each other, and boxing is a more competitive gaming sport than ufc in my opinion. Prizefighter was a hit in its day and still had a following long after so I'm sure a next generation boxing game, properly made, would prove successful. Let's face it...they're making a lot worse games they might as well give it a try.

Comment

Working...
                X