Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
    spoon

roll the tape and show how bad chief running huggy bear stunk up the joint
    Of course a Manny fan thinks that. But we are talking about casual fans relative to a Floyd/Conor rematch.

Now Manny fans have their own narrative but for the rest of the world its real simple, Conor fought harder than Manny or Canelo. He tried to win (although as boxing fans we know Floyd carried him ). Therefore, if any event/fight has a rematch, it will be Conor even though the first fight was nothing more than an exhibition/cash grab.

You get rewarded for trying to win rather than just getting a check.

Comment

• Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
      Lampley never spoke out when HBO did Mayweather PPVs with Victor Ortiz, Juan Manuel Marquez (moving up from 135), Mayweather Baldomir, Mayweather Judah (coming off a Baldomir loss)
      I wouldn't categorize answering a question from the "press" (let's face it, it's TMZ after all) as "speaking out"...and if I do recall correctly, there was a mention of Floyd's lack of "professionalism" coming in overweight for the Marquez bout during that telecast....

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Of course a Manny fan thinks that. But we are talking about casual fans relative to a Floyd/Conor rematch.

Now Manny fans have their own narrative but for the rest of the world its real simple, Conor fought harder than Manny or Canelo. He tried to win (although as boxing fans we know Floyd carried him ). Therefore, if any event/fight has a rematch, it will be Conor even though the first fight was nothing more than an exhibition/cash grab.

You get rewarded for trying to win rather than just getting a check.
        Lmao...first, floyd was carrying this dude the whole fight...now, Mcgregor actually was trying to win huh...

what did lamps say?....

Did you just associate the word 'risk' with Floyd Mayweather.

I know that had the red phone in the floyd cave ringing.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          ... "exhibition fights"?... what's wrong with them?
          The only thing I saw wrong with this one is the $100 price tag to watch it, so therefore, me no buy...

...and if a "rematch" takes place, me no buy that s h i t either!....

But hey, more power to May & Con..making 9 figure paydays off of their moronic fan bases!

Comment

• Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
            A scam? Lol the people wanted it and got exactly what they wished for. Not our fault UFC fans are ******ed
            Basically just look at the PPV buys

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
              It isn't a scam when people are willing to pay on their own free will. There was no false advertisement. It was a UFC guy v Boxer in a boxing ring, that's how it was advertised and that's what they got.

Nobody was forced to buy it.

Basically...

Comment

• Let's call a spade a spade, the fight was a scam, it was a money fight, nothing wrong with that, but it shouldn't count towards your pro experience fight, reminds me of the movie, "The Great White Hype" I mean, they grabbed someone with no boxing experience, made a lot of money off it and tried to sell it as a competitive fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                  Lmao...first, floyd was carrying this dude the whole fight...now, Mcgregor actually was trying to win huh...

what did lamps say?....

Did you just associate the word 'risk' with Floyd Mayweather.

I know that had the red phone in the floyd cave ringing.
                  Now that isn't what I said. to pretend I did just shows you know the deal.

Lampley can say whatever he wishes, smart fans know its just him taking shots because Floyd is on a competing network.

Bottom line is Lampley is talking about a retired SHO boxer because he is more on the radar than any active HBO fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    A lot of people who purchased that fight considered it the most well spent money on a Floyd PPV ever. Idk that I'd consider that a raping of fans...giving fans what they want isn't ever raping them.

In fact boxing would do better by fans if they tried listening to them more. They shoulda made GGG vs Canelo last year, the should be making Wilder vs Joshua early next year. All those mfers at 154 shoulda done fought each other & we should have a #1 guy at 154 already. Numerous other examples of boxing p#ssyfooting around fights.

Just f#cking fight...we all gonna die soon, if a mfer is a freshman in college he shouldn't need to wait for the two best guys to fight when he's a junior.

Especially when nobody is forced to buy a fight

Also when a fight does over 4 mill ppv buys, that means the general public wanted to see it.

I bet 95% of the ppv buys came from casual fans

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      While you will pretend otherwise, the reason is Floyd/Conor was more exciting than Floyd/Manny or Floyd/Canelo and fans thought Conor actually tried to win while the other 2 just took there check and stunk up the joint.

So even though floyd/conor was nothing more than a cash grab it worked because fans that believed in Conor saw him do well, even though we know floyd carried him.

Those same fans believed in manny and canelo but got disappointed because they stunk it up.
                      stfu!! conor tried to win by throwing pitty pat punches?? maybe it was more exiting to you, because floyd actually tried to fight conor and not play it safe when he fought pac. funny how you're giving conor all these praises when before all he got from you was negativity.

Comment

Working...
                      X