Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ronnie Shields: Lara's Style is His Style - I Won't Change it For Critics!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
    And dont whine when he gets offered what he's worth either

In terms of popularity, he's basically an undercard fighter

fair call, Rigo will have the same problem

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      this is actually the best post.....

1) let him fight however he wants, the game needs all styles

2) if you don't like it, then don't watch..... that is on him

3) lets not change the rules to favor fighters who are not good enough to prevent themselves being outboxed/outclassed by better fighters

you rule-changers should stick to club fights..... more "action"..... more KO's..... and you see plenty of good scraps if the guys are evenly-matched

but don't expect A-class guys to drop their skills or fight to their opponents strengths
      I disagree with that because when top fighters can just duck fighters because its a tough style then the sport is almost out of it and then its really done

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
        aggression don't mean anything if your not landing. unless its Hughie fury vs parker or dirrell vs froch that's neg fighting at that point I would give it to the agresser otherwise you can win off back foot
        I wasn't suggesting that me following a guy around the ring all night & being outlanded every round by a nice clip = I should win.

I'm assuming the fight is even or even-ish. All things being equal or equal-ish the aggressor wins the round. That's how it works in MMA & there are fewer crazy scorecards. So yea aggression means something in those cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          I'm not necessarily saying it should or shouldn't be changed. But I for sure think boxing should reconsider all the rules periodically & consider changes to make the sport more entertaining for fans & scoring aggression more the specifically only effective aggression is one of those ways.

The sport has been shaped already towards certain styles or fighting attributes benefitting more than other styles & attributes so I don't see a problem with switching things up in the future for any reason.

yea, nope...... that would be fkn awful..... and would not benefit the sport at all

there are plenty of fights within boxing TODAY that are exactly what you are looking for..... club fights offer more "action", more KO's..... and you see plenty of good scraps if the guys are evenly-matched

a parallel would be banning shooters from jumping in basketball..... to make it easier for defenders to block..... so that the team with the worst defenders do not get thoroughly spanked/outclassed, like Lara did to Gausha

why should boxing be dumbed-down for casual fans ?

check this out bro

plenty of fights like that happen every year

four-round fights can be very entertaining, I like everything that happens inside a ring

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
            nuff said nice post

it seems like back in the day most/all boxers could fight off the back foot

these days a bit of movement and some opponents seem to look on a different level

too many good mitt-men, not enough good-trainers ?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              I wasn't suggesting that me following a guy around the ring all night & being outlanded every round by a nice clip = I should win.

I'm assuming the fight is even or even-ish. All things being equal or equal-ish the aggressor wins the round. That's how it works in MMA & there are fewer crazy scorecards. So yea aggression means something in those cases.
              I agre if all things equal

Comment

it seems like back in the day most/all boxers could fight off the back foot

these days a bit of movement and some opponents seem to look on a different level

too many good mitt-men, not enough good-trainers ?
                yea that 4 sure not as many great teachers

Comment

yea, nope...... that would be fkn awful..... and would not benefit the sport at all

there are plenty of fights within boxing TODAY that are exactly what you are looking for..... club fights offer more "action", more KO's..... and you see plenty of good scraps if the guys are evenly-matched

a parallel would be banning shooters from jumping in basketball..... to make it easier for defenders to block..... so that the team with the worst defenders do not get thoroughly spanked/outclassed, like Lara did to Gausha

check this out bro

plenty of fights like that happen every year

four-round fights can be very entertaining, I like everything that happens inside a ring
                  I must again agree

Comment

Ronnie couldn't change that style if he wanted too. Lara been fighting like that since a teenager

Comment

For money. For making fights more entertaining to more people. I'm sure there are other reasons, but it wouldn't be THAT great of a game changer. All you'd be doing is saying aggression gets scored.

Sure that would change some small % of outcomes in any given year, but the rules have been altered many times in boxing history (go back far enough & guys used to stand right in front of each other, wrassle more, have rounds ended by a knockdown & fight without gloves) so I don't see as big of a deal with changing them again if that were to happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X