Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ronnie Shields: Lara's Style is His Style - I Won't Change it For Critics!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fighters can stick to whatever style they like. Just don't force it down everyone's throats if it's boring to watch. If Haymon and Showtime loves losing money, that's their choice.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      good god, you silly cvnts are awful
      Lol that was Skip Bayless level.

Comment

If this dumb ass doesn't realize that this hurts his image of people wanting to see him on tv, then oh well. You're a highly skilled fighter and you're boring? Nobody is going to like you. I hate when people lump in Rigondeaux with Lara. Rigondeaux has killer instinct and will try to knock a guys head off if he's hurt more often than not.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatDisButtonDo View Post
          If this dumb ass doesn't realize that this hurts his image of people wanting to see him on tv, then oh well. You're a highly skilled fighter and you're boring? Nobody is going to like you. I hate when people lump in Rigondeaux with Lara. Rigondeaux has killer instinct and will try to knock a guys head off if he's hurt more often than not.
          True, and overall I feel that Rigo is a level above Lara anyhow but Lara has had way more opportunities in the biz.

Comment

Ok that's fine. Just don't put him in main events or worse, on PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              this is how Adelaide Byrd scored.....

if the guy moving forwards is not effective, then he is being outboxed - he lost the round.

you are suggesting a reverse-Byrd, because of your preference in styles

MOST old-school judges would prefer Byrd's approach

I just think she was watching Canelo too much, most likely because she favors/scores for the boxer over the puncher/pressure-fighter, unless the pressure-fighter is actually being effective..... she missed some of what Golovkin was doing, and that could be because his known strengths/tactics were not that evident
              His argument is to defend Byrd's score card

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                No...it isn't. Boxing is whatever it wants to be. It hasn't always hit & not get hit. If it hasn't always been that it doesn't have to be that.

Although idk wtf the making of aggression a scoring criteria has with that any damn way. If you are hitting & not getting hit you are winning over the aggressive guy still lol.

Feel free to explain this more cuz that makes zero sense to me. The scoring criteria now is clean punching, effective aggression, ring generalship + aggression. Taking out effective isn't making this a whole new sport lol. That's silly to even suggest.

I mean any change you make has impact there is no debating that & like I said I suspect 5% or less fights come out with a different winner & the fights would likely be more fun + end more conclusively more often which is gonna be good for all boxing. Suggesting crossing off one word from the scoring criteria turns boxing into toughman fights is hilariously wrong & I got no idea why you would think that would alter the sport so much.

I'm done

good luck

you MMA fans are wakk

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  I'd argue effective aggression is more confusing than anything else. That's the problem with scoring in boxing anyway. Everything is mentioned to make it more subjective lol.

And they just make it more subjective by using terms like "effective aggression" & "clean punching". Ring generalship is even up for debate on what that is exactly. Some will say its the guy pushing the fight & others will say its the guy deciding where the fight takes place at.

Boxing would be easier scored if we just scored damage, aggression & defense. And whoever is winning most of those 3 things is usually the guy who's winning the ring generalship battle.

I agree, you are very confused

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
                    It is about ****ing time that someone say it like it is. I agreed. If I hit you and you can't hit me, even if is only three times. That is three more times than you did. It is to the opponent to make Lara fight. williams did it, angulo did it too. And they were very good fights. Now if the guy is wining every minute of every round. Why does he needs to go and start trading? Why give the opponent a chance to turn the fight around? I have never seen in my time as a fan so many stupid comments about the sport. And so much blatantly ducking. Specially against Rigondeaux. And fans supporting that is the worst. "High Risk low reward" is their favorite excuse. Shame for the ducking boxers and the complacent fans...

yep

my fighter suxx, so lets change the rules to suit him

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
                      His argument is to defend Byrd's score card

nope, I defended her approach

if you are going forward, but are not being effective..... that is because you are being outboxed

and your suggestion to make " being outboxed " valid scoring criteria..... is utterly rejected

Comment

Working...
                      X