Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What fight would people most like to see in 2018?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What fight would people most like to see in 2018?

With fights GGG-Canelo 2, AJ-Wilder and a 4 belt cruiserweight unification looking possible for 2018. What single fight would fight fans like too see happen next year?
    My personal preference would be Naoya Inoue moving up to 118 lb's to challenge WBC champ Luis Nery.

Wilder-Joshua, Hurd-Charlo

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      With fights GGG-Canelo 2, AJ-Wilder and a 4 belt cruiserweight unification looking possible for 2018. What single fight would fight fans like too see happen next year?
      Deontay Wilder vs Anthony Joshua for the WBC/WBA/IBF heavyweight championship of the world is the fight we'd like to see the most.

The winner would become only the sixth WBC/WBA/IBF world heavyweight champion, joining Mike Tyson, Buster Douglas, Evander Holyfield, Riddick Bowe and Lennox Lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        Deontay Wilder vs Anthony Joshua for the WBC/WBA/IBF heavyweight championship of the world is the fight we'd like to see the most.

The winner would become only the sixth WBC/WBA/IBF world heavyweight champion, joining Mike Tyson, Buster Douglas, Evander Holyfield, Riddick Bowe and Lennox Lewis.
        AJ-Wilder is inevitably a huge fight with historical implications that would be great for boxing. But it honestly doesn't excite me that much. Probably because I'm generally not a big fan of modern day HW boxing I find it quite slow paced and inferior in terms of technique when compared to lower weights. I also doubt it would be all that competitive, I'm in no means an AJ admirer but I feel he beats Wilder rather handily.

Comment

Ggg-canelo 2
          Khan-broner
          Ortiz-rios
          Stevenson-Kovolev
          Thurman-Spence
          Charlo-Jacobs
          Santa Cruz-frampton 3
          Wilder-Joshua
          Pauli-mcgregor
          Crawford-manny
          Salido-mikey

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
            I'm in no means an AJ admirer but I feel he beats Wilder rather handily.
            Anything is possible. You may be right.

But clearly, AJ's team doesn't believe that. Their actions make it very obvious they view Wilder as the biggest threat out there.

Just as AJ is the biggest threat to Wilder.

So whether it's a 12 round war, or one completely dominates the other, it is the moment of truth for each of them regardless and a fight HBO is desperately trying to prevent from happening.

Showtime is doing everything possible to try to make this fight happen ASAP. HBO is doing everything possible to try to block the fight from occurring. Even if the fight doesn't excite you much, it is the most important fight that can be made in boxing right now. A fight to determine who is the best boxer in the world.

Comment

Couple that may or may not have been mentioned;
              Spence/Thurman
              Usyk/Gassiev

Comment

Wilder - Joshua
                Brook - Khan
                Mikey - Loma
                Jo-Jo - Valdez
                Also pumped to see the winner of Gassiev/Wlodarcyzk fight Dorticas in the WBSS final. Nevermind forgot about Usyk.
                Last edited by Idunnoshet; 10-19-2017, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  Couple that may or may not have been mentioned;
                  Spence/Thurman
                  Usyk/Gassiev
                  Spence-Thurman is one I'd be pumped for.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                    Anything is possible. You may be right.

But clearly, AJ's team doesn't believe that. Their actions make it very obvious they view Wilder as the biggest threat out there.

Just as AJ is the biggest threat to Wilder.

So whether it's a 12 round war, or one completely dominates the other, it is the moment of truth for each of them regardless and a fight HBO is desperately trying to prevent from happening.

Showtime is doing everything possible to try to make this fight happen ASAP. HBO is doing everything possible to try to block the fight from occurring. Even if the fight doesn't excite you much, it is the most important fight that can be made in boxing right now. A fight to determine who is the best boxer in the world.
                    It would determine the best HW in the world but not the best boxer. Neither of these guys are anywhere near P4P #1

Comment

Working...
                    X