Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Henry Armstrong- Top 5 P4P or overrated due to romanticism?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by john l View Post
    yes and if u aint seen Armstrong I don't think u have seen srr that much either. but man we can just disagree
    How the fock can you make that assumption?

But yeah, I agree, this argument is clearly going nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
      How the fock can you make that assumption?

But yeah, I agree, this argument is clearly going nowhere.
      because they are both from pretty close to same era?? and both con top 5 or so by most boxing experts. but yes we can disagree that's ok

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
        because they are both from pretty close to same era?? and both con top 5 or so by most boxing experts. but yes we can disagree that's ok
        Armstrong and Robinson are close to the same era? Armstrong started fighting in 1931, what the fock are you talking about?

And again, most boxing experts are smart enough to rank boxers relatively to their era.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          He was the lineal champion in 3 of the 8 original weight classes simultaneously.
          When there was only one belt!!

People need to really try to understand just how difficult a feat that is. It would be like Errol Spence beating Thurman, moving up to 160 and beating GGG, and then moving up to 175 and beating Ward!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
            I wanted to touch on old time boxers getting romanticized. I don't really need to watch him since the whole premise of the thread is you bashing him for his lack of skills being overshadowed by nostalgia. We're basically both saying the same thing.
            I wasn't bashing him, I was more or less just playing devils advocate. Fair enough though man we'll agree to disagree.

Comment

todays fight fans that hype the way back when era guys do so strictly on the stories that were written. how in the fnck is a present day guy gonna have any real sense of a guy with little to no video to judge ????

when i see clips of those guys its almost pure slop. wild swings and misses, lots of clutches, dirty tactics....many fans love action and will take anything that appears to be action.

so many overrated guys from that era its shameful (10-20 fights a year and MAYBE a somewhat legit opponent !!!!!!).

Comment

Working...
              X