Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: I'd Like Wilder To Fight Whyte - Winner Gets Joshua Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WıLL View Post
    Deontay Wilder is in the position to get the payday against Anthony Joshua. That money will set him for life. He has no intention of risking his winning lottery ticket. Why would he?
    At the end of the day he has Bernarne stiverne in front of him. If he continues to fight scrubs after that for low money then i would questioned why he doesn't want to fight the easy Whyte for more money....Which in turn helps add more PPV buys to a potential Joshua/Wilder fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by BluDivision View Post
      Whyte is not better than Stiverne..... Period!
      Stiverne has beaten nobody unless you think Arreola is something special? He also lost to someone by KO with more losses than wins (Demetrice King). Whyte has lost only once to the best heavyweight currently and beat Chisora. Whyte is a decent heavyweight, Stiverne isnt.

Comment

• AJ fan here but thinks that Hearn is banking on Whyte lucking out v Wilder as he knows that AJ can beat Whyte.

Comment

• All the talk of making the fight as big as it could be is coming from fans looking at things with a promoters eye. To the hardcore boxing fans, Wilder v Joshua is the biggest fight in the division. However, most the people that rock up to the 02, Wembley etc - wherever Joshua is fighting are casuals in the purest sense. It doesn't matter who AJ is matched up against, he's got appeal with the ladies here and guys will always go where theres ladies so it will sell out.

If AJ and Wilder get it on here in the UK and it's a good match, explosive knockout etc..it definitely sets up a rematch that can be had across the pond. That's more streams of revenue, the talk of Wilder needing to beat Whyte to make it a big fight is null and void when it comes to AJ. Hearn is clearly worried about Wilder and maybe AJ is too but like someone said in this post, I can't even see why.

Comment

• Anthony Joshua is slow, easy to hit and has bad stamina. On the other hand, Deontay Wilder is the most dangerous and explosive puncher in the division. You can never know which punch he throws is going to finish the job.

Moreover, what makes him even more dangerous is that it doesn't matter how badly he is being schooled or how many rounds he has given away, all it takes is just one flush punch from him and the fight is over. That's why Eddie Hearn is protecting his pride and joy Anthony Joshua.

Comment

• Totally agree that would be the way to separate the boys from the men!

Comment

• Would get 3 times his biggest purse fighting whyte

Easy win for wilder I don't get why he's reluctant

Career high pad day and a build up fight to the main event !! Sounds shook

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                  Anthony Joshua is slow, easy to hit and has bad stamina. On the other hand, Deontay Wilder is the most dangerous and explosive puncher in the division. You can never know which punch he throws is going to finish the job.

Moreover, what makes him even more dangerous is that it doesn't matter how badly he is being schooled or how many rounds he has given away, all it takes is just one flush punch from him and the fight is over. That's why Eddie Hearn is protecting his pride and joy Anthony Joshua.
                  Thing is I think wilders one punch from being ko'd too

Both guys can bang obviously but if your windmilling from the hip against a straight punching knock out artist it's gonna end in tears

39 bums on his record so you can't judge how his gonna react after getting tagged . We know Joshua can take a shot . Hopefully the fight gsts signed soon to shut the clowns on here up

Comment

• Originally posted by Straightener View Post
                    Thing is I think wilders one punch from being ko'd too

Both guys can bang obviously but if your windmilling from the hip against a straight punching knock out artist it's gonna end in tears

39 bums on his record so you can't judge how his gonna react after getting tagged . We know Joshua can take a shot . Hopefully the fight gsts signed soon to shut the clowns on here up
                    AJ usually tend to put his punches together in combinations, in order to score knockouts. I personally don't believe that Joshua would square up and trade and exchange punches with Deontay Wilder because it would prove too costly. Wilder's punches are a lot quicker and arrive much faster than Anthony's. I expect a lot of movement from AJ if the two were to ever match up in the hopes of setting up a few traps for Deontay Wilder.

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                      AJ usually tend to put his punches together in combinations, in order to score knockouts. I personally don't believe that Joshua would square up and trade and exchange punches with Deontay Wilder because it would prove too costly. Wilder's punches are a lot quicker and arrive much faster than Anthony's. I expect a lot of movement from AJ if the two were to ever match up in the hopes of setting up a few traps for Deontay Wilder.
                      Kinda don’t get how a guy that throws combinations (ergo lots of punches in a shorter period of time) is a slower puncher than someone who throws far less combos in Wilder. Seems to me that people are drawing on the “stiff robot” stereotype with that one. Joshua has fantastic hand speed, probably more so than Wilder.

Do agree with your assessment of what Joshua would do though, could see a far more defensive game and him waiting on an opportunity to counter and unload if Wilder overcommits.

Comment

Working...
                      X