Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erislandy Lara Drops, Decisions Terrell Gausha in a Snoozer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
    They need to put Lara in with a action fighter. Guasha was timid and scared to be countered. Lara really needs to fight Charlo or Hurd next. I know promoters hated hearing those chants and they don't like losing fans so this might be bad as far as Lara getting money fights. It's a shame because I like watching him fight but his style ain't for everybody especially casuals!
    No they don't need to put Lara with an action fighter, Lara needs to simply take more risks.
    When you're head and shoulders above the guy you're facing, you expect the guy to go into a shell. It is up to Lara there to push the action even if he takes a few more risks.

This is professional boxing not the amateurs. There is no tournament to win here. Lara is not fighting in a few days where the ultimate goal is to win a medal here, he doesn't have to fight so safe. In pro boxing you're only as good as your next fight, and his last fight stunk.

Comment

Good win for Lara!
      Last edited by Someone88; 10-15-2017, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
        No they don't need to put Lara with an action fighter, Lara needs to simply take more risks.
        When you're head and shoulders above the guy you're facing, you expect the guy to go into a shell. It is up to Lara there to push the action even if he takes a few more risks.

This is professional boxing not the amateurs. There is no tournament to win here. Lara is not fighting in a few days where the ultimate goal is to win a medal here, he doesn't have to fight so safe. In pro boxing you're only as good as your next fight, and his last fight stunk.
        Yes, thats true. Most of the p4p guys could also just stink the place out and be content with potshotting and countering the other guy, making them hesitant to engage.
        lomachenko could just as easily moving around and potshot his opponents, same applies to inoue, usyk and so on.
        But these guys know that boxing is a business and you need to entertain in order to capture the audience attention.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
          Yes, thats true. Most of the p4p guys could also just stink the place out and be content with potshotting and countering the other guy, making them hesitant to engage.
          lomachenko could just as easily moving around and potshot his opponents, same applies to inoue, usyk and so on.
          But these guys know that boxing is a business and you need to entertain in order to capture the audience attention.
          Unfortunately many Cubans have a hard time switching from the amateur style to the professional style. Guys like Rigo and Lara know what people want but for some reason refuse to deliver.
          I'm sure Lara and his corner heared what people were screaming at him last night. You would think that would encourage him to go out, take more risks and entertain, but it didn't.

Comment

I don't think Lara & his corner heard much from the crowd...place was damn near empty

Lara's management team needs to be in the HOF, given how they continually get their man top billing and 6 figure checks, even though he sells no tickets.

Comment

Lmao 😂 @ snoozer. Not surprised at all. Just go away

Comment

Lara is very skilled and talented guy, but man, I just dont care watching his fights at all. Jeez

Comment

Erislandy is losing it! He is not the same fighter he once was. Time, age and wear and tear are beginning to take their toll.

Comment

First fight in a long time that I tuned in for the undercard, and rolled out when the main event started.

There is no way that should have been the main event, Lara is a boring slightly overrated fighter at this point in his career.

Comment

So is ''GGG still ducking lara''?

Comment

Working...
                      X