Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermell Charlo Crushes Erickson Lubin - Knockout in One!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
    I had literally been posting that they were pushing Lubin too fast. Dang, everyone joining me now. I like the Charlo's, both of them, but whenever I see a pro athlete suddenly display much more power, then I question what vitamins and supplements they are taking.

One thing is for sure though. Keith Thurman is terrified of Errol Spence. He was scared to even look at Spence. Making excuses for not fighting Spence. I don't think I have ever seen a boxer look half as scared as Thurman just did with Spence sitting 10 feet away staring right at Thurman.
    Charlo always had the power, he just didn't have the technique to effectively use it. That's why he switched to Dereck James.

If you recall, Spence used to be a pure boxer, a mayweatheresque type of guy. But I watched an interview where Dereck James explained how he turned Spence into the knockout artist that he is now.

Dereck James is all about getting the KO, he doesn't believe in scorecards, so he trains his fighter how to best KO the guy in front of them.

If you noticed Charlo is using shorter punches and is punching a lot from mid and close range recently whereas before, when he was with Ronnie Shields he was fighting backwards (kinda like Lara) and counter punching from long range. This is how Ronnie Shields teaches his fighters and his fighters have no inside game.

But Dereck James teaches and almost opposite way of fighting, which turned out very well for Charlo and Spence.

Jermall is doing well with Shields because he is just a monster. He can hurt you with a jab and lights out knock you out from the outside. So for him Ronnie Shields is okay thus far. But I see him running into trouble should he fight someone with an inside game. I saw many opportunities for him to destroy Trout on the inside but he seems to not have an inside game at all. Whenever Trout clinched or leaned against him he seemed to just freeze up and try to reset whereas he could have just destroyed Trout on the inside with mean body shots and uppercuts.

Even from the outside or mid range I feel he doesn't throw enough leather to the body. A guy with that kind of power could do a lot of damage with body punches.

There are some fighters, despite his immense power, that he won't be able to KO with just head shots, he might need to work the body for a particular opponent and I feel he won't know what to do coz Ronnie Shields hasn't taught him how to do that. Or like I said, he might fight someone who is good on the inside or even fight a master clincher and he'll be rendered ineffective like Kovalev was by Ward.

He's mentally tough though and is good at forcing his way, but Jermell no doubt, having trained first with Ronnie Shields and now with Dereck James, is becoming the more complete fighter of the twins.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
      Good call

They watch ........but they don't pay attention.
      People sleep on the fundamentals the twins bring to the ring.

Both are true students of the game. Never sloppy or out of position. Always compact and disciplined. It'll take a truly elite fighter to beat both.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
        No, someone from Lubin's camp threw a chair at Jermall after the KO. Guess they were frustrated.
        He said Im good check on him... So I assumed someone hit him?? Lol Same sht happened in the Santa Cruz fight afterwards. One of the dudes in Avalos side got all crazy and security snatched him up and choked him out. Damn fools need handle their ppl.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
          Charlo always had the power, he just didn't have the technique to effectively use it. That's why he switched to Dereck James.

If you recall, Spence used to be a pure boxer, a mayweatheresque type of guy. But I watched an interview where Dereck James explained how he turned Spence into the knockout artist that he is now.

Dereck James is all about getting the KO, he doesn't believe in scorecards, so he trains his fighter how to best KO the guy in front of them.

If you noticed Charlo is using shorter punches and is punching a lot from mid and close range recently whereas before, when he was with Ronnie Shields he was fighting backwards (kinda like Lara) and counter punching from long range. This is how Ronnie Shields teaches his fighters and his fighters have no inside game.

But Dereck James teaches and almost opposite way of fighting, which turned out very well for Charlo and Spence.

Jermall is doing well with Shields because he is just a monster. He can hurt you with a jab and lights out knock you out from the outside. So for him Ronnie Shields is okay thus far. But I see him running into trouble should he fight someone with an inside game. I saw many opportunities for him to destroy Trout on the inside but he seems to not have an inside game at all. Whenever Trout clinched or leaned against him he seemed to just freeze up and try to reset whereas he could have just destroyed Trout on the inside with mean body shots and uppercuts.

Even from the outside or mid range I feel he doesn't throw enough leather to the body. A guy with that kind of power could do a lot of damage with body punches.

There are some fighters, despite his immense power, that he won't be able to KO with just head shots, he might need to work the body for a particular opponent and I feel he won't know what to do coz Ronnie Shields hasn't taught him how to do that. Or like I said, he might fight someone who is good on the inside or even fight a master clincher and he'll be rendered ineffective like Kovalev was by Ward.

He's mentally tough though and is good at forcing his way, but Jermell no doubt, having trained first with Ronnie Shields and now with Dereck James, is becoming the more complete fighter of the twins.
          Damn this post is spot on. Much respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
            He said Im good check on him... So I assumed someone hit him?? Lol Same sht happened in the Santa Cruz fight afterwards. One of the dudes in Avalos side got all crazy and security snatched him up and choked him out. Damn fools need handle their ppl.
            Saw that too. Rough night for the losing corners lol

They choked that guy in Avalos' corner out savagely after though.
            Last edited by Butch.McRae; 10-14-2017, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
              That's what I'm saying. That was a lucky ass knockout!!! Lubin hit KO'd by a weird shot smh
              Nothing lucky about that punch. The kid flagged it a little earlier in the round, Charlo went back to it and landed.

Lubin will bounce back with time.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                Saw that too. Rough night for the losing corners lol

They choked that guy in Avalos' corner out savagely after though.
                Yeah that was pretty brutal...

Comment

Why the fvk does a fighter have to act “professional” who cares. Ever since fake a$$ Pacman & the good boy came in the game. All of a sudden everyone has to act “professional” nga please. Gtfoh

Comment

If these twins keep winning, they will be up there with and above some of the greatest brother due's in history. There is a lot of great talent at 154 and 160 but these two guys could become the kingpins. Canelo is the present and GGG is more of the past so dont be surprised if late 2018/2019 that the twins rule the two divisions. They are powerhouses!

Comment

• Totally agree

Originally posted by E-Thug View Post
                      The Charlo's are a problem. Time to put some respect on their name
                      Said this before.
                      From 154-168 no one can beat the Charlo Brothers.

Comment

Working...
                      X