Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman Confirms Return; Won't Fight Spence or Porter Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that's very prudent. It wouldn't be wise for him to jump into a championship bout right away just coming off a long injury. He needs a tuneup or two in order to get himself back into shape and work on his boxing conditioning before challenging championship caliber opponents again.

Comment

Originally posted by whatismyname View Post
      Thurman said he wants an "easy" fight..Matthysse makes you piss blood
      Thurman has 2 belts, WBA and WBC in very tough division. I don`t see why should he get any easy fights.

Comment

Remember when Thurman won the biggest fight of his career, and no one even gives a fck? Thurman thought he was going to be a star after beTing danny in a mostly bring fight.

That is the al Haymon way... I dunno why, but this dude is cursed at building stars.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
          Remember when Thurman won the biggest fight of his career, and no one even gives a fck? Thurman thought he was going to be a star after beTing danny in a mostly bring fight.

That is the al Haymon way... I dunno why, but this dude is cursed at building stars.

Fight was close and Thurman actually IS a star.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
            Fight was close and Thurman actually IS a star.
            Nah, he's no star, he don't really have fans like that or a following.

He hasn't fought in mad long and people barely even mention his name. That tells you how little people care about him.

Comment

Why should they care much about him? He beat Porter and Garcia in very close fights. He is not much better than them.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
                He needs a tune up.. Then he can fight Crawford or Spence..
                The rumor guy for Thurman is Tewa Kiram is that really a "tune-up" not an easy fight if they do go with him

Comment

Originally posted by papichulosweg View Post
                  Yea tune up then ko that hype job Spence
                  Much more likely tuneup then getting KTFOd. Thurman is the real hypejob...edging mediocre WW's and trying to call himself good.

Danny Garcia and Shawn Porter are C+ or B- (at best) fighters. They both do the exact same thing against every fighter...zero adaptability, zero adjustments. Nothing about either guy impresses me.

Both guys, however, have cute resumes from fighting on PBC. Spence beats them all and possibly on the same night.

The real fight is Terrence v Spence and that's at least 18 months out for Terrence to get a tuneup, contender, and acclimate to the weight

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                    Thurman has 2 belts, WBA and WBC in very tough division. I don`t see why should he get any easy fights.
                    Why is WW "very tough"??? I see 1-2 quality fighters. Danny and Porter are 1-dimensional hypejobs.

Terrence and Spence are the best WW in the world followed by Pacman. On the outside looking is Brook and Thurman.

Nothing else at WW...it's not the division it was 5 years ago with Floyd, Manny, Cotto, Bradley, and Mosley...it's a very ordinary division now

Comment

I don't understand the point of a tune up isn't that why you train?

Comment

Working...
                      X