Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frampton Cuts Sparring in Half To Prevent Future Brain Injury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hmabshir View Post
    tony was a special fighter. Had a dog in him that no fighter in history could match, plus had the skills to back it up. Frampton couldn't hold his jock strap, he needs to spar, do road work and everything else and he still wont come close to toney
    true but im saying im sure that aided toneys slurred speech

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
      true but im saying im sure that aided toneys slurred speech
      I agree 100% its why i posted earlier when u hit 30s as a pro boxer and ure sparring 200+ rounds ure asking for serious problems as u get older. i agree with ya though

Comment

Typical rubbish UK training methods. Overdoing it due to lack of skill. When will they learn and get help from across the ponds?

Comment

If your prepping for a 10 rounder or 12 title you need some rounds along with your over all conditioning to gain peak shape.
          Then you have spar rounds to sharpen your skills and to get your mind right. (confidence)
          Everyone is different but a base model might be 10 to 12 sessions of 5 to 7 five minute rounds for conditioning using a variety
          of spar mates.
          Once conditioning is at a high level you get to sharpen your skills (eye/hand) by setting up open sessions using a fresh mate every round or two. Most times your working 8 three minute rounds approximately 8 to 10 sessions.
          So a rough number would be 60 to 70 rds of prep and the same for high end work.
          This also has everything to do with your conditioning when entering a training camp. Coming in already near weight and in reasonable condition gets a lot of time off and wear and tear down too.

An example would be Ali after his banishment, he would spar long rounds and just work on blocking and rolling he would work combinations on the heavy bag.
          Saad Muhammed who trained with me twice would long road work and box 10 rounds every day for 8 days then lighten up down to 5 rounds and work hand speed using straight shots.
          He worked 2 rounds with a 200lb heavy then a 175 light heavy than 165 middleweight then we'd bring the light heavy back and finish with the heavyweight.

A good trainer knows everyone's needs are unique to themselves and you need to find the best routine for them.
          I know fighters who can be ready to fight with just 50 rounds and knew others that insisted on 180.

Less abuse is the objective but then that health issue is vastly different from fighter to fighter.
          My old friend Gaspar Ortega had well over 175 pro fights he was stopped only twice and was a "real Mexican styled" fighter and at over 80 yrs old now he speaks beautifully and has co ordination and stability.
          Other men with far fewer bouts have trouble maintaining
          the simplest functions.
          We are all uniquely different.

Ray

Comment

Working...
          X