Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tim Bradley has a better resume than Ward, Calzaghe, Canelo,Cotto, and many others..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im a huge tim bradley fan, and agree that he is one of the most underappreciated and underrated fighters in recent times. But he definitely isnt better than Ward, and doesnt have as good of a resume either. Cotto is debatable, canelo still has plenty of career left.

Bradley's Best Wins:

Marquez-coming off of KTFO win over pac, future HOF
    Alexander-undefeated champion, became champ again
    Peterson-undefeated, future champ
    Witter-champion, traveled to UK, big favorite
    Holt-Champ
    Vazquez-Future champ
    Provodnikov- Future champ
    Vargas- Undefeated, future champ
    Rios-Former Champ
    Casamayor-Former Champ
    Campbell- Former Champ
    Chaves-Top ten contender

Pacquiao shouldnt even be included, that is one of the most blatant robberies in boxing history

Ward's best wins:

Kovalev II-TKO'd the boogeyman. Bad stoppage but Ward completely took over the fight and had him hurt bad
    Kovalev I- Undefeated, Unified champ. Controversial decision but not even close to as bad as pac-bradley
    Froch-Champion, was on many P4P lists and himself had a very good resume. Became champ again after ward fight
    Kessler-Champion, big favorite. Became champ again
    Dawson- Was lineal 175 lb champ, but fight was at smw
    Abraham-Former champ
    Bika-Former champ
    Allen-top ten contender
    Rodriguez-Top Ten Contender
    Barrera-Top Ten Contender
    Miranda-Top ten contender

Cotto's best wins

Mosley-Former champ, became champ again after loss. Future HOF
    Martinez-Lineal MW Champ, was battling injuries though
    Clottey-Champion
    Quintana-Undefeated champ
    Malignaggi-Undefeated top ten contender, future champ
    Margarito II- Former champ, avenged previous loss
    Judah-Former Champ, became champ again
    Foreman-Champion
    Mayorga-former Champ
    Geale-Former champ
    Corley-former Champ
    Torres-Undefeated, future champ
    Bailey-Former champ, became champ again
    Last edited by Dodger07; 10-09-2017, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
      I saw some dudes on Youtube giving breakdowns on why Bradley won. No bullshit. Forgot which one was it but he goes to the events and interviews boxers. Not DBN nor Radio Raheem, it was someone else. When I feel like it, I'll look for it since you cool.

The Pac vs Bradley may be more clear than them but it doesn't change the fact that Floyd vs Castillo is controversial, even to this day. It's a fight that has been rescored and many people still think Floyd lost.

Twenty percent didn't have Kovalev winning? You sure about that? I remember seeing different.

They do compare because they're controversial to where a lot of people think the other guy lost. Your opinion nor mine is the only word that exists. Go to boxrec, the win still stands with Bradley just like it stands with the others. I keep having to repeat myself when it's not hard to see it. I know I'm not explaining it wrong either. People just trying to twist the logic.

No it's not the same standard. Many people thought Pac won vs Bradley just like people thought Ward, Canelo, and even Cotto lost. Just cause Pac vs Bradley had more doesn't take away the controversy from the others. It's not hard to understand lol.

What do all of those fights have in common? They're all controversial meaning there is no definite conclusion besides the W or the L on the record. Sucks but true. I've been having to repeat myself over and over and people understand but don't want to display it because my point is better than everyone's so far.

Ward didn't fight all the best guys, again you dudes keep exaggerating. Froch was the one that did most of the work in the division, Ward just beat Froch and others but it was Froch that put in way more work AND took the risks.

Talent standpoint? Ward isn't as talented as many people make it believe. They just see the 0 and they automatically assume he's a master boxer, especially when all they see is one or two fights and the rest is nothing but highlights. I've seen it many many times with my own eyes. You can also tell who does that on here in NSB. If Bradley wasn't as talented, he wouldn't have outboxed Marquez the way he did. He won more rounds vs Pac in his prime than Mosley, Cotto, Margarito, and others. What do they have in common? They're all bigger men than Bradley and they got smoked so much worse. Who the fuck did Ward fight that was in the level of Pac or Marquez? You know the answer to that. So don't give me that bullshit talent route.

It's not stupid logic, it's a legit logical reason.

Yes Cotto vs Mosley had its controversy. Not by me but there were people who thought Mosley got robbed. I'm not saying it's at the level of Pac vs Bradley but what you're still not understanding is that there was controversy. And yes, people in the media did have Mosley winning.

Another real legitimate robbery is Floyd vs Castillo, Oscar vs Sturm, Oscar vs Tito, & Oscar vs Mosley 2. Yet as many times I can say that they should be overturned, they're not. The records in history will still show them no matter, just like Pac vs Bradley, Ward vs Kovalev 1(repeating not at the same level but it was still considered a robbery by many), and others.

You know you see it, you're just acting dumb. You're one of the smartest ones on here. It's so easy to see where I'm coming from, the only ones that truly don't want to see it are the ones in denial.

It is not over the top. Bradley is truly underrated and people don't want to see that he was really better than most boxers of this generation.

If you're going to take away Pac from Bradley, make sure you take Kovalev from Ward, Castillo from Floyd, Hopkins from Calzaghe, and others.

Marquez just came off his biggest win of his career and then he fought Bradley, no excuses. Take away Froch from Ward, what's so special about Ward's resume? Take away Hopkins from Calzaghe, what does he have? Take away Mosley from Cotto, what does he have? Take away Lara from Canelo, what does he have? You guys keep trying to only have it your way.

A reach? Witter was top 1/2 guys at Jr. WW and Bradley went to his country and beat him. You just don't remember or maybe you do but don't want to.

Peterson beat Khan and Holt before losing to Matthysse. Guess what? Matthysse lost to Devon who got outclassed by Bradley.

You guys keep doing the same thing over and over. Just want to point out the controversy with Pac vs Bradley but don't want to point out the controversy of others. Just admit that you guys don't really have anything.

Bradley fought Pacquiao at his best, not Mayweather.

They're not comparable. Bika, Green, and Miranda? Really? Wow! Don't forget the others that I posted on my opening post. You broke it down by bits to make it more favorable instead of comparing the whole thing. Wins over Pac, Marquez, Rios, Vargas, Peterson, Alexander, Casamayor, Holt, Witter, Vazquez, and others absolutely stomps anything Ward has done in total.

Calzaghe's win over Kessler was better than Ward's win over him by a mile. I never saw Bradley trying to drain anyone like Ward did with Dawson either. Carl Froch beat Abraham before Ward in the Super Six btw. At the end of the day, those are wins on Ward's record right?
      There are controversial fights then there are flat out robberies.

Pacquaio-Bradley falls into that catergory along with the others I mentioned.

The fights you mentioned aren't.

No one outside of an extreme small amount consider it legitimate and no one outside of that is going to. It's up to you if you want to but no one else is.

And yes I'm very sure over 20 % didnt have Kovalev winning.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        There are controversial fights then there are flat out robberies.

Pacquaio-Bradley falls into that catergory along with the others I mentioned.

The fights you mentioned aren't.

No one outside of an extreme small amount consider it legitimate and no one outside of that is going to. It's up to you if you want to but no one else is.

And yes I'm very sure over 20 % didnt have Kovalev winning.
        Da ****!?!?!? C'mon now!! More than 20% had Kovalev winning.

I see A LOT more Kovalev picks over Ward.

MEDIA SCORES:

Shaun Brown (TalkingBoxing.uk): 115-112 Kovalev
        Harold Lederman (HBO): 116-111 Kovalev
        Chris Mannix (Yahoo Sports): 115-112 Kovalev
        Boxhard Podcast: 115-113 Kovalev
        Dan Rafael (ESPN): 115-112 Kovalev
        Andy Paterson (Boxing Asylum): 114-113 Kovalev
        Cliff Rold (Boxingscene): 115-112 Kovalev
        Daniel Vano (***************): 114-113 Kovalev
        ***************: 114-113 Ward
        Lance Pugmire (LA Times): 115-112 Kovalev
        Ryan Burton (Boxingscene): 115-113 Kovalev
        Kevin Iole (Yahoo Sports): 114-113 Ward
        Daniel Attias (AUSboxing) : 114-113 Kovalev
        Victor M Salazar (Boxingscene): 115-112 Kovalev
        Scott Christ (BadLeftHook): 115-112 Kovalev
        Wolfgang Schiffbauer (German Freelancer): 114-113 Ward
        Beau Denison (The Boxing Truth): 114-113 Kovalev
        Ramon Aranda (3MoreRounds): 114-113 Ward
        Brian Campbell (ESPN): 114-113 Ward
        Gareth A Davies (The Telegraph): 115-112 Kovalev
        Boxing Monthly Online: 114-113 Kovalev
        Kevin McRae (Bleacher Report): 115-112 Kovalev
        Steve Zemach ( FoxSports640): 115-112 Kovalev
        Bernardo Osuna (ESPN Deportes): 115-113 Kovalev
        Mark Ortega (Freelance): 115-112 Ward
        Michael Montero (Montero On Boxing): 116-111 Kovalev
        Mike Coppinger (USA Today): 114-113 Ward
        Ben Weismann (************): 114-113 Kovalev
        Tom Craze (BadLeftHook): 116-111 Ward
        Danny Richardson (Script Media): 115-112 Ward
        Jorge Hernandez (SW Fight): 115-112 Kovalev
        Tim Starks (Queensberry Rules): 115-112 Kovalev
        The Guardian Online: 115-112 Kovalev
        New York Post Online: 114-113 Ward
        G. Leon (Boxtalk): 114-113 Kovalev
        Tim Dahlberg (AP): 116-111 Kovalev
        Fraser Coffeen (Bloody Elbow): 115-112 Kovalev
        Steve Kim (UCN Live): 115-112 Kovalev
        Bokser.org: 115-112 Kovalev
        Bob Velin (USA Today): 114-113 Kovalev
        FightersRated: 115-112 Kovalev
        LA Times Online: 114-113 Ward
        Allan Fox (************): 117-110 Kovalev
        Kieran Mulvaney (HBO): 114-113 Kovalev
        Ron Borges (Boston Herald): 116-114 Kovalev
        Tony Bellew (Sky Sports): 114-114 DRAW
        Eric Raskin (HBO): 114-113 Kovalev
        Heavy Bag Boxing: 115-112 Kovalev
        Andrew Harrison (Boxing Monthly): 117-111 Kovalev
        Stephen A Smith (ESPN): 114-113 Kovalev
        Paul Smith Jnr (Sky Sports): 116-113 Ward
        John Angus MacDonald (Boxing Monthly): 114-113 Kovalev
        Adam Abramowitz (Saturday Night Boxing): 115-112 Ward
        Mark Butcher (Boxing Monthly): 114-113 Ward
        Doug Fischer (Ring Magazine): 117-110 Kovalev
        Alex Morris (Next Big Pod): 114-113 Kovalev
        Queensberry Rules: 115-112 Kovalev
        Danny Winterbottom (Boxing Monthly): 114-113 Kovalev
        Tom Gray (Ring Magazine): 116-115 Ward
        Sam Sheppard (Next Big Pod): 115-112 Kovalev

Comment

I am absolutely not buying into Cotto being this great fighter. He isn't. I've wrote a long ass essay on here before but he's dead average, grossly overrated

Mosley-Former champ, became champ again after loss. Future HOF = great win
          Martinez-Lineal MW Champ, was battling injuries though = Martinez was crippled, he was lucky he could walk
          Clottey-Champion = went life and death
          Quintana-Undefeated champ = vacant title
          Malignaggi-Undefeated top ten contender, future champ = OK win
          Margarito II- Former champ, avenged previous loss = Pacquiao did 90% of the dirty work prior
          Judah-Former Champ, became champ again = Judah is ****
          Foreman-Champion = a one legged rabbi, crippled
          Mayorga-former Champ = beyond shot
          Geale-Former champ - weight drained to 157
          Corley-former Champ = solid
          Torres-Undefeated, future champ = competitive
          Bailey-Former champ, became champ again = solid win, grew over time

Then you consider - a vacant title against Jennings, a vacant title against Pinto, a vacant title against Quintana, a vacant title against Kamegai (lol wtf) plus beating 2 disabled people in Martinez and Foreman = this is not emblematic of a great fighter. That's actually piss poor

Then consider how many prime elite names did Cotto beat? Like 1 in Mosley. Factor in how many times did he beat the man? Never. Then look at his losses - beat down prime for prime VS Margarito, lost to Mayweather, lost to Pacquiao, lost to Trout and lost to Canelo. It's an absolute fact that every time Cotto stepped up against a healthy/prime fighter, he lost. Coincidence? Absolutely not

I see people dogging Bradley for going life and death with Ruslan. Then what the **** did Cotto do VS Clottey, go to the lowest depths of Hell?

Boxing standards are so so poor now that people genuinely consider Cotto be this great fighter. He's not.

Comment

Da ****!?!?!? C'mon now!! More than 20% had Kovalev winning.

I see A LOT more Kovalev picks over Ward.

MEDIA SCORES:

Shaun Brown (TalkingBoxing.uk): 115-112 Kovalev
            Harold Lederman (HBO): 116-111 Kovalev
            Chris Mannix (Yahoo Sports): 115-112 Kovalev
            Boxhard Podcast: 115-113 Kovalev
            Dan Rafael (ESPN): 115-112 Kovalev
            Andy Paterson (Boxing Asylum): 114-113 Kovalev
            Cliff Rold (Boxingscene): 115-112 Kovalev
            Daniel Vano (***************): 114-113 Kovalev
            ***************: 114-113 Ward
            Lance Pugmire (LA Times): 115-112 Kovalev
            Ryan Burton (Boxingscene): 115-113 Kovalev
            Kevin Iole (Yahoo Sports): 114-113 Ward
            Daniel Attias (AUSboxing) : 114-113 Kovalev
            Victor M Salazar (Boxingscene): 115-112 Kovalev
            Scott Christ (BadLeftHook): 115-112 Kovalev
            Wolfgang Schiffbauer (German Freelancer): 114-113 Ward
            Beau Denison (The Boxing Truth): 114-113 Kovalev
            Ramon Aranda (3MoreRounds): 114-113 Ward
            Brian Campbell (ESPN): 114-113 Ward
            Gareth A Davies (The Telegraph): 115-112 Kovalev
            Boxing Monthly Online: 114-113 Kovalev
            Kevin McRae (Bleacher Report): 115-112 Kovalev
            Steve Zemach ( FoxSports640): 115-112 Kovalev
            Bernardo Osuna (ESPN Deportes): 115-113 Kovalev
            Mark Ortega (Freelance): 115-112 Ward
            Michael Montero (Montero On Boxing): 116-111 Kovalev
            Mike Coppinger (USA Today): 114-113 Ward
            Ben Weismann (************): 114-113 Kovalev
            Tom Craze (BadLeftHook): 116-111 Ward
            Danny Richardson (Script Media): 115-112 Ward
            Jorge Hernandez (SW Fight): 115-112 Kovalev
            Tim Starks (Queensberry Rules): 115-112 Kovalev
            The Guardian Online: 115-112 Kovalev
            New York Post Online: 114-113 Ward
            G. Leon (Boxtalk): 114-113 Kovalev
            Tim Dahlberg (AP): 116-111 Kovalev
            Fraser Coffeen (Bloody Elbow): 115-112 Kovalev
            Steve Kim (UCN Live): 115-112 Kovalev
            Bokser.org: 115-112 Kovalev
            Bob Velin (USA Today): 114-113 Kovalev
            FightersRated: 115-112 Kovalev
            LA Times Online: 114-113 Ward
            Allan Fox (************): 117-110 Kovalev
            Kieran Mulvaney (HBO): 114-113 Kovalev
            Ron Borges (Boston Herald): 116-114 Kovalev
            Tony Bellew (Sky Sports): 114-114 DRAW
            Eric Raskin (HBO): 114-113 Kovalev
            Heavy Bag Boxing: 115-112 Kovalev
            Andrew Harrison (Boxing Monthly): 117-111 Kovalev
            Stephen A Smith (ESPN): 114-113 Kovalev
            Paul Smith Jnr (Sky Sports): 116-113 Ward
            John Angus MacDonald (Boxing Monthly): 114-113 Kovalev
            Adam Abramowitz (Saturday Night Boxing): 115-112 Ward
            Mark Butcher (Boxing Monthly): 114-113 Ward
            Doug Fischer (Ring Magazine): 117-110 Kovalev
            Alex Morris (Next Big Pod): 114-113 Kovalev
            Queensberry Rules: 115-112 Kovalev
            Danny Winterbottom (Boxing Monthly): 114-113 Kovalev
            Tom Gray (Ring Magazine): 116-115 Ward
            Sam Sheppard (Next Big Pod): 115-112 Kovalev
            Over 20% DIDN'T have Kovalev winning.

Comment

You guys keep doing the same thing over and over. Just want to point out the controversy with Pac vs Bradley but don't want to point out the controversy of others. Just admit that you guys don't really have anything.

Bradley fought Pacquiao at his best, not Mayweather.

They're not comparable. Bika, Green, and Miranda? Really? Wow! Don't forget the others that I posted on my opening post. You broke it down by bits to make it more favorable instead of comparing the whole thing. Wins over Pac, Marquez, Rios, Vargas, Peterson, Alexander, Casamayor, Holt, Witter, Vazquez, and others absolutely stomps anything Ward has done in total.

Calzaghe's win over Kessler was better than Ward's win over him by a mile. I never saw Bradley trying to drain anyone like Ward did with Dawson either. Carl Froch beat Abraham before Ward in the Super Six btw. At the end of the day, those are wins on Ward's record right?
              Actually, you keep doing the same thing. You won't acknowledge Bradley's blatant robbery over Pacquiao but you bring up a million reasons why we shouldn'take into account the wins for other fighters you're comparing him to. You want us to take your assessment as fact while knocking down everyone else's with only your own opinion as evidence you're right. How did Bradley fight Pacquiao at his best when even Pacquiao's own people admitted he wasn't focused on boxing because of his extracurricular activities? I mentioned Bika and the other 2 just to show how absurd your argument for Peterson and Alexander is. All the other boxers you mentioned never accomplished anything significant other than losing every time they stepped up. I could go through them one by one but it would be a waste of time.

I think I know the real reason you're attempting to overinflate Bradley's resume but I think everyone already debunked you off the wall claim. I will give you an A for your effort though.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                Actually, you keep doing the same thing. You won't acknowledge Bradley's blatant robbery over Pacquiao but you bring up a million reasons why we shouldn'take into account the wins for other fighters you're comparing him to. You want us to take your assessment as fact while knocking down everyone else's with only your own opinion as evidence you're right. How did Bradley fight Pacquiao at his best when even Pacquiao's own people admitted he wasn't focused on boxing because of his extracurricular activities? I mentioned Bika and the other 2 just to show how absurd your argument for Peterson and Alexander is. All the other boxers you mentioned never accomplished anything significant other than losing every time they stepped up. I could go through them one by one but it would be a waste of time.

I think I know the real reason you're attempting to overinflate Bradley's resume but I think everyone already debunked you off the wall claim. I will give you an A for your effort though.
                I do acknowledge it, you just have trouble reading. The thing with me is if you're going to discredit the fight many people thought Pac won, do it to the others as well. That's it!! Yet you guys keep going round and round with it.

Did many people think Pac was robbed? Yes!
                Did many people think Kovalev was robbed? Yes!
                Did many people think Hopkins was robbed? Yes!
                Did many people think Golovkin was robbed? Yes!
                Did many people think Mosley was robbed? Yes!

You can't pick and choose. Either pick one or the other.

Assessment as fact.....well hello Jr. but the records show wins for Bradley over Pac 1, Ward over Kovalev 1, Calzaghe over Hopkins, Cotto over Mosley, and Canelo over Golovkin.

That assessment is a FACT. Whether me, you, or anyone else in this thread agrees with the result or not. Go to boxrec, does it show * because they got robbed? No! The reason you guys keep going with it is because you really have no comeback.

It's not to overinflate Bradley, it's more about how under-appreciated he truly is, even when he accomplished a lot. No one has debunked jack shit, not even you.

I posted facts to go with my opinion on Bradley. You guys haven't.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentblue View Post
                  But he ducked KHAN....... I’m sorry but that’s huge especially considering it was a massive fight. It not just that he ducked Khan, it’s that he ducked him and turned down a chance too become undisputed champ because he was afraid to lose.
                  It was khan that ducked bradley. IBF ordered bradley-khan to fight brook for the title and turned it down

Comment

I do acknowledge it, you just have trouble reading. The thing with me is if you're going to discredit the fight many people thought Pac won, do it to the others as well. That's it!! Yet you guys keep going round and round with it.

Assessment as fact.....well hello Jr. but the records show wins for Bradley over Pac 1, Ward over Kovalev 1, Calzaghe over Hopkins, Cotto over Mosley, and Canelo over Golovkin.

That assessment is a FACT. Whether me, you, or anyone else in this thread agrees with the result or not. Go to boxrec, does it show * because they got robbed? No! The reason you guys keep going with it is because you really have no comeback.

It's not to overinflate Bradley, it's more about how under-appreciated he truly is, even when he accomplished a lot. No one has debunked jack shit, not even you.

Because it's apples and oranges man.

They don't all fall under the same umbrella.

Pacquaio-Bradley is amongst THE worst decisions of all time. People aren't going to consider it a win l.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post

One of the reason it's easy to dismiss Bradley's win over Pacquaio was because of the 2 other fights where he was hardly competitive. You can't compare his win with a win like Marquez's eventual win over Pacquiao or even Ward over Kovalev. Out of the 3 I just mentioned one of those is a huge anomaly. Guess which one? You take away the Pacquiao win and you have no argument. The only quality win would be over Marquez. Does that qualify him to rated in the same breath as Ward, Canelo, Cotto, and Calzaghe? Maybe... But it DOESN'T make him better. You can point out that he is under-appreciated (I AGREE), without declaring him better than the boxers you're comparing him with. I think that is where most people take issue with your assessment.

Comment

Working...
                      X