Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Is American Boxing Ready For Eddie Hearn?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
    He can package up fighters and sell the local angle.

But at the end of the day. Brits like boxing. We always have. Whenever they put it on free-to-air millions will watch it. Even if it Lennox Lewis getting splattered in South Africa at ****** o'clock.

But like that article alludes to Brits also like 'going out'. Which just means getting dressed up in decent clothes and getting drunk. I don't think the US has the same drinking culture. Hearn packages boxing as a night out. Decent fights are welcome but if you can build up a sense of tension, have booze available, and play sweet Caroline, you have an event. One that women don't mind going to either.

I'm not convinced selling that to Americans will be that easy. Although I'm certain Hearn will want only sell Jacobs in New York. He wouldn't advocate cards like that Degale has been on fighting in front of 19 people. That seems an obvious change that could be made
    **** on !

F**k me they sell out darts events in the U.K. Haha

It's probably our best attribute . Love a session

Comment

Originally posted by LM17 View Post
      You sound English by your expression, Americans are not afraid of success or successful people.
      You fool no one. I own you and all your ALTs.

Comment

He can package up fighters and sell the local angle.

But at the end of the day. Brits like boxing. We always have. Whenever they put it on free-to-air millions will watch it. Even if it Lennox Lewis getting splattered in South Africa at ****** o'clock.
        LOL, but thats how you can tell UK fans are for real as f#ck in comparison to US fans. You show a fight on in the afternoon in the US it cuts the fanbase watching it in half. When there is some Japanese fight on at ****** o'clock there are like 7 Americans in all 50 states watching that sh^t.

But like that article alludes to Brits also like 'going out'. Which just means getting dressed up in decent clothes and getting drunk. I don't think the US has the same drinking culture. Hearn packages boxing as a night out. Decent fights are welcome but if you can build up a sense of tension, have booze available, and play sweet Caroline, you have an event. One that women don't mind going to either.

I'm not convinced selling that to Americans will be that easy. Although I'm certain Hearn will want only sell Jacobs in New York. He wouldn't advocate cards like that Degale has been on fighting in front of 19 people. That seems an obvious change that could be made
        Yea I agree with pretty all of this except I do hold out hope Hearn can figure out how to crack the case of getting US fans to come out or figure out some angle that works for him in the US, but honestly it'll be touch & go & I expect some failures for sure.

Comment

im ready to see how the best uk fighters would do in the US

Comment

Originally posted by LM17 View Post
            You sound English by your expression, Americans are not afraid of success or successful people.
            Lou wishes he was English....or anything other than what he is

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Is Hearn ready for American boxing is the real question.

I think he'll have some growing pains and have issues, but he'll figure sh^t out within a year I suspect.
              Hearns is the better promoter and he is not afraid to throw his fighters to the wolves

Comment

Originally posted by Dramacyde View Post
                This dumb MF Hearn is coming to America with the belief that Boxing is a major sport here like it is in the UK. He's gonna lose millions in America & will run back to London with his C*ck in his hand.
                Wow, Hearn is anything but dumb and before he came on the scene in the uK the sport was all but dead. If you know Hearn which clearly you don't he's the only promoter in the UK not losing money. The guy is a whizzkid and he knows it, branching out to the states is a natural step as the UK market saturates with other terrible broadcasters throwing money at it trying to copy Hearn.

As he has mentioned he wil do a few shows to test the market and HBO, look at fighters but very much a slow build up....now back on the meds young lad you really shouldn't feel so threatened.

Comment

That hits the nail on the head. In England they love their pints and drunk singing, Americans aren't like that. Honestly most of us would probably feel fake for trying to copy that if it was attempted here.

But best of luck to Hearn. I hope he finds a way to make this work and make fights a more attractive, fun night on the town. If it draws more people to those events then it's good for the sport.

I would recommend that he study the atmosphere at big college football and college basketball games to get a feel for what works in the American market.
                  Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 10-08-2017, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                    Lou wishes he was English....or anything other than what he is
                    Lmbo, lol...

Comment

I like it. I believe that it will help broaden his base and brand. In addition, it will give lesser known, lower profile fighters, not known to the casual fans in the U.S. More international exposure. Overall, I think it's a good idea. Especially if he is willing to work with other promoters to give us boxing fans the fights that we want to see.

Comment

Working...
                      X