Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are British fighters so overhyped?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are British fighters so overhyped?

I think we can all agree, they have never had an elite world class fighter. Joshua is a cherry picker in a weak division

The last true would champion they had was Eubank sr and Collins destroyed him.

Discuss

At least they had Lennox.

Comment

The same thing happens here. Look at how many boxers have had hype on this side of the world and fail.

Comment

Calzaghe
        Froch

Comment

Kell Brook was good

Comment

They are not over-hyped, they just have more support in comparison to American fighters. Deontay Wilder has no real fans, just followers on Instagram and Twitter or? People who turn up to watch him fight etc

If Deontay Wilder was fighting overseas, I highly doubt he would bring with him 1000's upon 1000's of America fans etc

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
              I think we can all agree, they have never had an elite world class fighter. Joshua is a cherry picker in a weak division

Discuss
              NEVER suggests in history. I'll take you to school again here as I normally do -

Lennox Lewis
              Ted "Kid" Lewis
              Bob Fitzsimmons
              Jackie "Kid" Berg
              Ken Buchanan
              Benny Lynch
              Randolph Turpin (2nd man to defeat SRR)
              Joe Calzaghe (unbeaten doe)
              Jimmy Driscoll
              Jimmy Wilde (seen in many all-time top 20 p4p rankings by respect historians unknown to message board casual fanboys)
              Freddie Welsh
              Naseem Hamed

Just a sampling of some legit hall of famers off the top of my head.

Your lack of basic fundamental knowledge never ceases to amaze me but I will continue to educate you with free sessions. I hope you acquire more knowledge from these and make the transition from casual fanboy to boxing fan. We need more boxing fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post

Discuss
                We enjoy watching our guys fight. We get excited about them. That such a bad thing? Why does it bother you that other people overhype the fighters they like? Seems to me that's a lot healthier than the weird agenda laden **** I too often see from our US brothers.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                  We enjoy watching our guys fight. We get excited about them. That such a bad thing? Why does it bother you that other people overhype the fighters they like? Seems to me that's a lot healthier than the weird agenda laden **** I too often see from our US brothers.
                  As a US fan, I wholeheartedly agree. The number of people here who were rooting for Brook to beat Spence and expose him as a hype job was ridiculous. I mean we had a UK fighter who took his belt from an American champion, and an American fighter has a chance to bring it home and some people still siding with Brook.. **** don't make no sense..

Comment

It maybe over the top, but you can't say we don't support our fighters. You do not get that in America. You have Americans supporting Eastern Europeans for christ sake. As a hardcore fight fan, yes the casuals over here in the UK get annoying but I would rather that than have the toxic attitude SOME US fans have.

Comment

Working...
                    X