Lomachenko: I am in no win situation in fight vs Rigondeaux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
    So why take the fight???

This is the guy that didn't rematch Salido.

This fight could have been made at 126.
    Who was the one who didn't want to fight at 126 against Loma 2 years ago because he didn't want to move up?
    @52 seconds
    https://youtu.be/qgfbJINaM5s

Why would Loma drain himself to make 126 now? Idiotic.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      Rigo has run out of options. He prices himself out of fights, and now that he is getting along in age he sees the writing on the wall. He needs a big money fight and soon. He could have fought Loma at 126, instead we got crickets.
      Listen in a HUGE fan of both. By far my favorite active fighters. Rigo wanted the fight at 124. Loma didn't want to drop 2 pounds. Jumping 2 weight classes to fight arguably the best P4P fighter is never a last option. It's never something someone HAS to do. It's something someone WANTS to do. Praise rigo for taking on a challenge. No one would blame him for NOT taking the fight. So give him FULL credit for taking it

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Wouldn't he make more money doe fighting Garcia? Because if he is about the money then he would be fighting Garcia, I don't like to accuse boxers of ducking but i doubt Loma's promoter Bob arum would ever allow him to fight Mikey Garcia due to the history (Garcia/Arum court cases.)
        I don't know about that,he had obvious issues with Rigo and he made that fight, If the Garcia fight makes him money he will make it, money talks for these people

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
          Same with Walters, now they talk about how he was inactive, but they knew that before the fight and still picked Walters.
          You are absolutely right about that, the same will happen after this fight if Loma wins it, the same people who said Rigo will break his jaw will start making excuses

Comment

Originally posted by EL_GRINGO View Post
            I don't know about that,he had obvious issues with Rigo and he made that fight, If the Garcia fight makes him money he will make it, money talks for these people
            But this one is different, he went to court for Mikey Garcia. He put garcia on the shelf due to the case for 2 years. I would be shocked if he ever work with Garcia again.

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
              Listen in a HUGE fan of both. By far my favorite active fighters. Rigo wanted the fight at 124. Loma didn't want to drop 2 pounds. Jumping 2 weight classes to fight arguably the best P4P fighter is never a last option. It's never something someone HAS to do. It's something someone WANTS to do. Praise rigo for taking on a challenge. No one would blame him for NOT taking the fight. So give him FULL credit for taking it
              Everything was agreed and written down in a contract,126 with a rehydration clause, everything that was needed was Rigo's signature,Rigo agreed to everything but then walked away over money, he suddenly wanted 1,5 or 2 million for the fight with Arum didn't want to pay him, that's why the fight got called off and it's the only truth to this story,Rigo wanted 124 yes but he did not get itch did get a rehydration clause at 126,he walked away, it's as simple as that,We should give Lomachenko just as much credit as Rigo because he has nothing to gain in this fight, just a name, and he's the only one wiling to fight Rigo when no one else would even though he has nothing to gain from it, and it's damn understandable he isn't going back to 126 now after his body got used to 130 and he's looking to move up soon,126 should have been the weight 2 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                But this one is different, he went to court for Mikey Garcia. He put garcia on the shelf due to the case for 2 years. I would be shocked if he ever work with Garcia again.
                I don't knows don't see ***ish people holding grudges when money can be made, there are too smart for that, but we will see

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
                  I do give him credit for taking the fight. It's his fans who are already lining up excuses that I take issue with. They accused Loma of ducking him for the longest, now that they are fighting they are saying Loma is too big, Rigo too old, etc. Basically, Loma won't get full credit for beating Rigo no matter what weight they fight because there will always be an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                    I do give him credit for taking the fight. It's his fans who are already lining up excuses that I take issue with. They accused Loma of ducking him for the longest, now that they are fighting they are saying Loma is too big, Rigo too old, etc. Basically, Loma won't get full credit for beating Rigo no matter what weight they fight because there will always be an excuse.
                    Those aren't his fans bro. Those are d*ck riders. They BOTH get credit from me. Whom ever wins. This is the true fight of the century to me. No shame in losing to Esther of those men. Hell some 700+ have lost them then already.

Comment

Originally posted by EL_GRINGO View Post
                      Ukraine is europe's biggest country when were talking landmass, so he's definitely european,they aren't part of the european union though
                      Yeah, I don't think of him as a European as he's not part of the EU. Then again I'm from the UK and were leaving so I guess I'm not one either now lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X