Lomachenko: I am in no win situation in fight vs Rigondeaux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluepete View Post
    I don't think Loma is from Europe.
    Ukraine is europe's biggest country when were talking landmass, so he's definitely european,they aren't part of the european union though

Comment

So why take the fight???

This is the guy that didn't rematch Salido.

This fight could have been made at 126.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        Before the fight was made, a certain group on here kept saying Loma was ducking Rigo, now the fight has been made they are saying "Rigo is too small."

These people are shameless.
        Blame it all on the smaller fighter....that makes sense for somebody that thinks Ali vs Holmes was LOL.

Indian boxing...now that is LOL.

Comment

I agree, he is the favourite. All the pressure is on him. Hopefully he gets the credit he deserves if he beats Rigo, who is a difficult fighter to beat or look good defeating.

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
            LIes. Rigo wanted a catch weight. Why would he avoid him only to fight him when Loma is an even tougher opponent. He avoided him until Loma was bigger? He avoided him until Loma had more experience?... rigo gets ducked he doesn't do the ducking.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
              No, he will get credit. See, the difference is Rigo won his last fight. Loma doesn't get credit for ko'ing some pizza delivery boy. If he beats Rigo, he will get credit for beating a technically superb fighter who is much smaller.

Obviously Mikey Garcia is a much more dangerous opponent, and that is why we will never see Loma fight him. Still, if he can beat Rigo, than Loma really is the real deal. On the other hand, Rigo is also old and has to have a lot of ring rust.

And Loma and everyone else knows he will get more credit for beating Rigo than anyone at 130. If Loma was about legacy and getting credit, he would be facing Garcia. He is not, he is about money, and it seems smartest to fight an elite opponent much smaller instead of an elite opponent who is bigger than Loma, like Garcia. Nothing wrong with that, just saying there are a lot of bums he can face and then their is Rigo at 2 and Garcia has the toughest possible foe. He is fighting probably the second toughest fight he could though, so he will get credit for that.

He loses credit for fighting a bum who lost his previous fight and then crying that he doesn't get credit. You do not get credit for beating some cashier from 7/11. Fighting such a bum is disgraceful enough, but then to cry about everyone taking note that his opponent came in third in a small-town Toughman contest is amazing.
              Wouldn't he make more money doe fighting Garcia? Because if he is about the money then he would be fighting Garcia, I don't like to accuse boxers of ducking but i doubt Loma's promoter Bob arum would ever allow him to fight Mikey Garcia due to the history (Garcia/Arum court cases.)

Comment

i call this bullcrap. its like mayweather moving up to face hmm idk, hopkins at 160 years ago. yall gonna freak out cause of hopkins length but stay with me.

would it be a no win situation for hopkins? yall gonna freak out but i no what im saying. maybe other fight examples would be better.

Comment

Originally posted by bluepete View Post
                  I don't think Loma is from Europe.
                  You would be wrong.

Ukraine - Wikipedia
                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukraine
                  Ukrajina [ukrɑˈjinɑ]), sometimes called the Ukraine, is a sovereign state in Eastern Europe...

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
                    LIes. Rigo wanted a catch weight. Why would he avoid him only to fight him when Loma is an even tougher opponent. He avoided him until Loma was bigger? He avoided him until Loma had more experience?... rigo gets ducked he doesn't do the ducking.
                    Rigo has run out of options. He prices himself out of fights, and now that he is getting along in age he sees the writing on the wall. He needs a big money fight and soon. He could have fought Loma at 126, instead we got crickets.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                      Before the fight was made, a certain group on here kept saying Loma was ducking Rigo, now the fight has been made they are saying "Rigo is too small."

These people are shameless.
                      Same with Walters, now they talk about how he was inactive, but they knew that before the fight and still picked Walters.

Comment

Working...
                      X