Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

name a couple fighters you wish were in there prime so they could face off...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Butter Bean 1998 vs Rocky Marciano

Gerry Cooney vs Tyson Fury

Tom McNeeley vs Peter McNeeley

Max Baer vs Lou Savarese

Razor Ruddock vs Sonny Liston

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
      Manny Pacquiao vs Aaron Pryor.

What a great fight at 140lbs in their prime would that be.
      That is a hard fight to pick. Both have great speed, power, chins, stamina. Lord have mercy.

Comment

Mike Tyson vs David Tua.

Two short explosive heavyweights with huge punching power that would go toe to toe from round 1. Action-packed from start to finish.....Could've been an all time classic HW fight.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
          I wonder who will give way first when the leather is flying?
          They both have iron jaws. Golovkin is bigger. I think he hits harder but Hagler has better combinations. I'd love to see that fight. Hagler is the better all round fighter but he sometimes makes strategic errors like trying to outbox Sugar Ray and giving Duran too much respect. Very intriguing match up.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
            They both have iron jaws. Golovkin is bigger. I think he hits harder but Hagler has better combinations. I'd love to see that fight. Hagler is the better all round fighter but he sometimes makes strategic errors like trying to outbox Sugar Ray and giving Duran too much respect. Very intriguing match up.

It would be a rough fight to watch, with their punching power and chins and their come forward attitude, their will be a lot of big punches taken.

Probably best it can't happen because the lasting damage after the fight could be bad.

Comment

Originally posted by moltres. View Post
              with somebody currently in there prime.

i got sergio and paul will,

i feel they beat all of canelo and gggs opponents, apart from each other (if ya get me).

id love to see these fighting each other.

i also would like trinidad cause i aint seen a lot of him and i hear he was one of the best.

try not to go toooooo old. and match them up.
              I was a big Trinidad fan and I think he was great. He was at his best at 147 and 154 and 160 was not his best weight. He went undefeated his first 40 fights before Hopkins beat him. He won a world title at 147 when he was 20 years old and held it for over 6 years before he couldn't make weight, He defended his welterweight title successfully 15 times with 12 KOs and then won titles at 154 and 160. He was a vicious puncher with both hands with one of history's best left hooks.

Comment

I'll throw Trinidad vs Spence out there at 147lbs.

Comment

Aaron Pryor vs Terence Crawford. At 140lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by moltres. View Post
                    with somebody currently in there prime.

i got sergio and paul will,

i feel they beat all of canelo and gggs opponents, apart from each other (if ya get me).

id love to see these fighting each other.

i also would like trinidad cause i aint seen a lot of him and i hear he was one of the best.

try not to go toooooo old. and match them up.
                    Sergio and Williams were good but even in their prime I don't think they were nearly as good as GGG or Canelo. Williams got a robbery win over Lara who beat him with ease. Canelo beat Lara in a close one. Martinez could have fought GGG when he was middleweight champion. GGG was his top challenger but he chose not to fight him. He would have lost by KO in my opinion. GGG KOed Murray who many thought deserved to win when he fought Martinez in Argentina.

Comment

I guess a lot of these guys didn't read the whole post. He asked for fantasy match ups against current prime fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X