Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Mairis Briedis, Mike Perez Ready For WBSS Battle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know what time the online stream will be shown in the states?

Comment

in shape or not, perez was nothing special at heavyweight and he'll be nothing special at cruiserweight. not seen much of briedis but if hes half decent he'll smash perez to pieces.

Comment

I like Perez but would be surprised if he gets the win, Briedis is a tough customer especially in Latvia

Comment

REally excited for this one. Hard to pick a winner since Breidis is very solid, but when Perez is on, he's on. Plus, he's fought bigger, stronger men.

Comment

Can anybody recall a single southpaw that Breidis has fought?

Comment

Really tough call - have to go with Breidis because he's proven himself at Cruiser, but while he's fundamentally solid and boxes well he ain't got the flair that Perez has occasionally shown at his best... the big questions are whether Perez will ever return to his best and whether he fights as well as he looks at the new weighclass.

I like both guys here - part of me is rooting for Perez just cos I hope he's overcome the Mago tragedy, but really I just want to see him back to his best, win or lose. Looking forward to a great fight, but if I have to pick it'll be a Breidis UD.

Comment

I was thinking about this fight and this one is definitely the hardest to predict of the first round.
                There are just so many questions about both fighters right now.

I hope Briedis wins because I just feel Usyk may get challenged more against Briedis.
                He also just seems like a better name on paper.

Comment

In the mago-fiht and before that Perez has been verry impressive. now that hes in great shape and hopefully overcome the Mago-tradegy i think he gonna impress and deliver a impressive performance.Im realy excited about this fight. Perez fought the better opposition btw, Briedis just fought past prime Huck who has zero skills and Manuel Charr, thats it. Perez has fought Jennings, Takam, Mago, Povetkin in a weigh class he obviosly never belonged to. Sure, he lost some but hes more battle-tested and experienced than Briedis. Expect great things from him at cruiserweight.
                  Last edited by Tobi.G; 09-29-2017, 09:23 PM.

Comment

I'm sure that Briedis will destroy him. This will be Perez's first great experience in cruiserweight.

Comment

Filip Hrgovic, 2016 Olympic Bronze Medalist at Super Heavyweight will be making his debut on this card by the way.

Comment

Working...
                      X