No announcement yet.

I'll say what many of you think, LEGALIZE PEDS IN BOXING

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by john l View Post
    Dude your really off on this and its EVEN IN YOUR POST."can improve durability"NOT YOUR BRAIN."Can help with pain management"Yea so they can take MORE SHOTS."Can improve recovery rate"Again NOT THE BRAIN.So NO it would not beneficial to the fighter's ONLY to guys who don't give a shi te about the fighters.And what would be the benefit if their BOTH using?Really not trying to be a azz just I KNOW boxers/ex boxers and have seen the damage done even with clubfighters and some Ams even.And no none of the boxers I KNOW are famous or champions.
    Not taking peds doesn't improve the brain either. So what?

Where is the ACTUAL SCIENTIFIC evidence that if every boxer were to use peds, that it'll be more damaging to the health of boxers than if boxers weren't using peds?

Boxers using peds can mean quicker knockouts. This is better for the brain than taking a sustained beating for 12 rounds from a boxer with medium / average punching power that is not on peds.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
      OK so take a sport that's fundamentally dangerous and essentially force boxers to adopt practices that increase the risk of long term injury. Makes sense.
      So where exactly is the actual SCIENTIFIC evidence that there will exist a greater risk of more long term injury if all the boxers used peds, compared to if they didn't?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnston View Post
        Yea they would have to do some tests, I think the increased strength would outweigh the physical durability it enhances but possibly not. Problem would be making sure both guys take them and at similar doses
        That COULD be true! At the same time, a more powerful punch (from using peds) means quicker knockouts which prevents sustained beatings that could be even more damaging to a boxer's health.

And yes, all that matters to me is an even playing field where every boxer has the same rules. Problem is, we have boxers today who are drug tested consistently and can't use peds whilst others can. Which is where the real danger lies. When one boxer is allowed to take peds or gets away with taking peds whilst other boxers aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnston View Post
          Very true.. Just read your post about the possible brain damage,i didn't even think of that. I think allowing them to use would just create a whole new set of problems
          Yea i get the "well at least it would be fair" argument but when you really think about it its not a good idea.Someone on here started a petition I think his name is Switch Hitter for 365 testing.Now it may not do anything(prob wont)but its a lot better then just bitc hing(like what i just do most of time)you should look at it and sign cant hurt.And the damage it WILL do to our sport when someone dies/ser hurt and his opponent tests dirty could be HUGE.It will make networks/money guys not wanna be associated and lets face it the Networks RUN boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
            Not taking peds doesn't improve the brain either. So what?

Where is the ACTUAL SCIENTIFIC evidence that if every boxer were to use peds, that it'll be more damaging to the health of boxers than if boxers weren't using peds?

Boxers using peds can mean quicker knockouts. This is better for the brain than taking a sustained beating for 12 rounds from a boxer with medium / average punching power that is not on peds.
            Man cmon what you wrote makes no sence"not taking peds doesn't improve the brain"of course not but getting hit harder WILL do more damage I'm not gonna write the same thing over and over.Just reread my last post and think about it.I mean saying it will mean MORE KOs well what about that ability to take more punishment you listed before as a reason to use.Now your counterdictating yourself.

Comment

That COULD be true! At the same time, a more powerful punch (from using peds) means quicker knockouts which prevents sustained beatings that could be even more damaging to a boxer's health.

And yes, all that matters to me is an even playing field where every boxer has the same rules. Problem is, we have boxers today who are drug tested consistently and can't use peds whilst others can. Which is where the real danger lies. When one boxer is allowed to take peds or gets away with taking peds whilst other boxers aren't.
              Switch hitter93 just started a petition a few days ago on 365 testing.Now it very well might do nothing but better then just ***** ing and it DEFF CANT HURT.I think you should look at it and sign because I do agree the way it is now there is a lot of pressure to use.I mean you figure everyone is I might as well BUT not everyone is and NEVER will.If this was baseball I might agree(although not sure id want my son to be a pitcher) but as saying goes "you don't play boxing"

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
                Why not I say.

JMM performed better than ever against Manny on roids.
                Holy became legendary after using hgh
                Floyd and rjj have both tested dirty at least once.
                Manny has been accused for years of peds.
                Toney won a heavyweight title on roids.

Screw it legalize them that way all fighters can use them and we have a truly level playing field and possibly better fights.
                Might as well let them. The only problem is the guy with the higher purse or worth more in general would receive the good good. Either way it would still be unfair. Just give them crack and put something pawnable in the middle of the ring. No one would attempt to pick it up with the fear of rabid, I mean rabbit punches. Just being goofy but seriously the one with more value would own the better goods. So it kinda still would be cheating.

Comment

It’s a double edged sword, it could lead to quicker knockouts which is less dangerous than long beatings, but what if the guy can take the punch? Presumably he is getting hit harder, and let’s say the other guy is epo’d up and has more energy....the guy on EPO can have more energy to punch more and punish the guy more who has an iron chin. That is more dangerous, so who knows?

Comment

And then instead of talking about who has better power,defence,trainer we can discuss who has the better Pharmacy.smdh

Comment

What's the difference you guys are so naïve if you think the top level boxers have never used a performance enhancer.

Comment

Working...
                      X