I'll say what many of you think, LEGALIZE PEDS IN BOXING

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    no.

somebody's heart will stop in training. some fighters will retire at 35 and be dead in six years from liver, kidney, or heart failure. somebody will get pummeled to death in the ring because his opponent can throw extra punches, and he can take extra damage because he's pumped full of PEDS and in better shape.
    Where's the scientific evidence for any of those things? I mean, concrete evidence that two boxers using PED's is more dangerous for their health than if they were not using PED's?

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
      Why not I say.

JMM performed better than ever against Manny on roids.
      Holy became legendary after using hgh
      Floyd and rjj have both tested dirty at least once.
      Manny has been accused for years of peds.
      Toney won a heavyweight title on roids.

Screw it legalize them that way all fighters can use them and we have a truly level playing field and possibly better fights.
      Well 1st off Floyd never failed a test.And I can tell you have never boxed or known anyone who has.Because I know I don't wanna see these guys hit any harder then they ALREADY do.Ive boxed(couple dozen Am fights)and my WHOLE family has(more then me)and I know I would not want to see them in with a juiced fighter EVEN if they were ALSO.Just look at the damage done by Valdez and Quigg.Broken nose,jaw,teeth these GUYS HIT HARD ENOUGH.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
        Where's the scientific evidence for any of those things? I mean, concrete evidence that two boxers using PED's is more dangerous for their health than if they were not using PED's?
        ????????????????Are you kidding??Are you REALLY saying PEDs don't make you stonger,faster,better stamina(throws more punches)?Cmon you gotta know better then that.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
          ????????????????Are you kidding??Are you REALLY saying PEDs don't make you stonger,faster,better stamina(throws more punches)?Cmon you gotta know better then that.
          Yes, I know this! But my question was, where is the evidence that if two boxers consumed PED, that there'll be greater health risk to those two boxers than if they both weren't using PED at all?

PED can also improve durability. It can also improve recovery rate / speed. It can also help with pain management. It can also help with reflexes.

So if anything, PED can actually be beneficial to the body than be harmful.

Comment

Yes, I know this! But my question was, where is the evidence that if two boxers consumed PED, that there'll be greater health risk to those two boxers than if they both weren't using PED at all?

PED can also improve durability. It can also improve recovery rate / speed. It can also help with pain management. It can also help with reflexes.

Yea they would have to do some tests, I think the increased strength would outweigh the physical durability it enhances but possibly not. Problem would be making sure both guys take them and at similar doses

Comment

The sport of boxing also has a long term health effect on athletes too. Should the sport of boxing be banned too?

If peds are officially legal, then peds will become safer because scientists and experts will be working in the open, rather than in the secret to ensure peds are safe and and are at most optimum condition for use. And it will be readily available for everyone to use since it would be out in the open. And if it's readily available in the open, then there shouldn't be any reason why all the boxers couldn't use them.
              OK so take a sport that's fundamentally dangerous and essentially force boxers to adopt practices that increase the risk of long term injury. Makes sense.

Comment

Dude your really off on this and its EVEN IN YOUR POST."can improve durability"NOT YOUR BRAIN."Can help with pain management"Yea so they can take MORE SHOTS."Can improve recovery rate"Again NOT THE BRAIN.So NO it would not beneficial to the fighter's ONLY to guys who don't give a shi te about the fighters.And what would be the benefit if their BOTH using?Really not trying to be a azz just I KNOW boxers/ex boxers and have seen the damage done even with clubfighters and some Ams even.And no none of the boxers I KNOW are famous or champions.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                  OK so take a sport that's fundamentally dangerous and essentially force boxers to adopt practices that increase the risk of long term injury. Makes sense.
                  Bingo there someone who prob knows some fighters also and would not want their friends/family getting hit any harder then they already do.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnston View Post
                    Yea they would have to do some tests, I think the increased strength would outweigh the physical durability it enhances but possibly not. Problem would be making sure both guys take them and at similar doses
                    And the physical damage is not the problem its the MENTAL damage.And that can not be enhanced.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
                      And the physical damage is not the problem its the MENTAL damage.And that can not be enhanced.
                      Very true.. Just read your post about the possible brain damage,i didn't even think of that. I think allowing them to use would just create a whole new set of problems

Comment

Working...
                      X