Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO Is Officially Below ESPN for Quality Boxing Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my opinion the upcoming HBO cards look hot.The deal with Hearn takes HBO to the next level.

The ESPN cards have been okay but you have to watch the undercard on the website then switch channels two or three times throughout the event. That is a joke imo, do they care so little for boxing? If they are trying to attract casual fans they blew it. Even as a hardcore fan I was frustrated.

Comment

ESPN's production has been terrible. Who really wants to listen to Atlas and SAS?

Comment

HBO would rather spend their money on Game of Thrones producers and actors than waste their money on boxers who disappear after getting $$$$. They were right. Look at Stevenson who hasn't fought anyone meaningful for years now. And he's also fighting once a year. It's terrible.

Comment

Granted, HBO's boxing quality has dropped a bit, but I think in the grand scheme of things we are just experiencing a very weak era in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxnation fan View Post
            How is that Showtime Triple Header a Joke? They're fantastic match-ups that will lead to the Winners facing each other next year.
            The fact that all those guys are part of the same managerial/promotional/network set up and haven't fought each other in the last 3 years is a joke in and of itself. They've been mooted as fighting each other for years now, none of them are pac or may that they can even somewhat justify marinating a big bout lol

As for the match ups themselves, why are they competitive? Hurd v Trout might be a good one but that's because neither of those guys are any good. Trout is years removed from his two best performances.

Charlo is fighting some random prospect and Lara is in yet another underwhelming fight. Now if say, Lara v Charlo was happening (As it should have done years ago) and Hurd v Trout was the undercard then yes, I'd call it a great card.

This isn't.

Comment

I wouldn't say that just yet. And lets be real the surprise Horn W the ESPN deal is a bunch of -1000 to -2000 favorites beating up on their big dog opponents. HBO seems to have the higher caliber guys in more competitive fights to me. TR is doing solid for what they got, but I feel like its still a lot of smoke & mirrors with trying to do the lowest possible fights that'll sell some tickets. Although who knows give a it a year & the entire roster could be different.

Comment

Working...
              X