Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO Is Officially Below ESPN for Quality Boxing Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The heavyweight cards coming up on Show are good but one of those is a Sky fight, lets be real about that. The other one features an old man...who will stille be Wilders best opponent lol

The triple header is a joke.

HBO isnt being competitive but they have already put on GGG/Canelo and the super fly card, which had one great fight and one great shock. Better than what Show has done.

All the while, in the UK, Boxnation/BT are putting on good cards, ITV getting in on the act and sky ppv everything.

Comment

As far as I am concerned ESPN boxing totally sucks and HBO is much better. I tape an ESPN championship fight. Then I go to watch it later and get a baseball game and I only like boxing. They skip one title fight and only show a few rounds of the other fight. They have Teddy BANG Atlas calling the fight and I hate listening to him. They have a huge amount of commercials I have to fast forward through. Whenever I tape an HBO or Showtime fight I get to watch every fight from the opening bell to the end. I don't get a baseball game and only get to watch a few rounds of the main event. I don't get annoying Atlas and I don't get any commercials. Fuc ESPN boxing. Boxing is not important compared to any other sport for ESPN. I don't watch any other sport but boxing and MMA.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        The heavyweight cards coming up on Show are good but one of those is a Sky fight, lets be real about that. The other one features an old man...who will stille be Wilders best opponent lol

HBO isnt being competitive but they have already put on GGG/Canelo and the super fly card, which had one great fight and one great shock. Better than what Show has done.

All the while, in the UK, Boxnation/BT are putting on good cards, ITV getting in on the act and sky ppv everything.
        How is that Showtime Triple Header a Joke? They're fantastic match-ups that will lead to the Winners facing each other next year.

Comment

You're correct. Especially with Hearn and his merry band of Eurobums on board now

Comment

November is a good month for HBO and there's still time to fit in a fight or two. Look at the cards again and tell me they're not good.

Comment

It really has smh

I wish Canelo and Joshua would fight more often.

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
                November is a good month for HBO and there's still time to fit in a fight or two. Look at the cards again and tell me they're not good.
                Good? No Chance.

Average Match-ups at best in November.

The Jacobs fight will do okay but with the rest, HBO will get some of the lowest if not the lowest boxing ratings they've ever had with that schedule.
                Last edited by Boxnation fan; 09-25-2017, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post

HBO was blown out this year. And last.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxnation fan View Post
                    Good? No Chance.

Average Match-ups at best in November.

The Jacobs fight will do okay but with the rest, HBO will get some of the lowest if not the lowest boxing ratings they've ever had with that schedule.
                    Did you see the first McDonnell vs Solis fight?. A lot of casuals missed out on fireworks that ended in robbery. That's a top quality fight.

Jacobs and Big Baby???

Kovalevs return. & a Xmas present in Rigo vs Loma. Come on now.

Comment

They do have a thin roster right now. That is expected. They will probably build it back up at some point.

Comment

Working...
                      X