Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How great are you when the fighter moving up gives you lose or your hardest fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
    I never was a Hagler fan because i dont think he challenged himself...his biggest wins were against little guys and Duran even went the distance with him in a close fight!!the real special fighters are the ones who HAVE to move UP to fight A REAL CHALLENGE!! the bigger man SHOULD DOMINATE THE SMALLER GUY EASILY!!!..special talent usually produces special results
    Train wreck of a post and shows limited knowledge/fan boy talk.

I'm not even going to get into the Hagler thing because it's clear you don't understand era's, boxing and how great Duran was, BUT I'll bring a point from your title "How great are you when the fighter moving up gives you lose or your hardest fight", which is written in terrible English BTW

Your signature is Terence Crawford, who's hardest fight was against a guy coming up from featherweight (Gamboa) and I don't have to tell you Gamboa is not in Duran's league. Or maybe I do....

And Crawford is my favorite fighter in the game currently.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
      Srl, Duran, Hearns...prime atg versions, not versions that had been ko'd already and raked thru the coals like cotto, pac, & shane...some of the greatest challenges in the history of the sport son, bar none...and you don't think he challenged himself...

floyd...he's a great boxer who made a great deal of money by taking the path of least resistance thru cultivating a good marketing scheme and money mayweather buck dancing schtick...hagler just mowed fighters down and didn't have to sell his soul...

stick to the floyd cheerleading threads and keep dudes like Hagler out your mouth cause its obvious you don't have a clue...
      Boom.

Owned.

I have no problem with enthusiastic fans that don't know history or don't respect it, but when those with the least knowledge have the strongest opinions and trash fighters they don't know about and era's they don't know about to twist their "my favorite fighters the best" narrative then that gets a bit ridiculous.

Comment

............. and broner will be the fighter of the decade

Comment

Hagler unified a division and ruled as the undisputed middleweight champion of the world for 7 years in a great era. Mayweather, never unified a division. Neither did Ward. Just some food for thought.

Comment

who gives a ****, I dont understand why you and others on here are so stupid. a smaller figher can put on weight and muscle and then they arent smaller any more. Just cause they originally came from a smaller weight and moved up doesnt mean they have a significant size disadvantage on fight night. Pacquiao came up from flyweight but he wasnt build like a flyweight when he fought at welterweight you clown.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
              Hagler unified a division and ruled as the undisputed middleweight champion of the world for 7 years in a great era. Mayweather, never unified a division. Neither did Ward. Just some food for thought.
              if forums were around in those days, idiots like the thread starter would be saying 'hagler got to move up to 168 to prove himself doe' 'one division coward'

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                if forums were around in those days, idiots like the thread starter would be saying 'hagler got to move up to 168 to prove himself doe' 'one division coward'
                You mean, when 168 didn't exist? Sounds about right. "They need to make new divisions this is B.S"

The irony is these same "fans" hate Pacquaio and Oscar who won titles in more divisions than any boxers in history. Not boxing fans.

Comment

Almost as a great as when a athlete moving sports gives you your toughest fight.

Comment

Hilarious watching Larry get y'all in your feelings.

All anyone can do is attack him about Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                      There's no such thing as a lineal world title belt.
                      And he jumped 2 divisions along the way so if he won at those divisions then it would have been 10, imagine that, double your boyfriend

Comment

Working...
                      X