Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO's Lampley Explains: Golovkin is Slipping, He's Deteriorating

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: HBO's Lampley Explains: Golovkin is Slipping, He's Deteriorating

Last Saturday night in Las Vegas - IBF, WBA, WBC, IBO middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin (37-0-1, 33 KOs) fought to a twelve round draw with Mexican superstar Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (49-1-1, 34 KOs) at the T-Mobile Arena.While the fight was close and competitive, there were many who felt Golovkin had done enough to win. The official judges had it 118-110 Canelo, 115-113 Golovkin and 114-114 for the split draw.
    [Click Here To Read More]

*begin letterman voice* you know Jim, I think you need to get in dare and whack'em a little you know? I mean I think maybe if you had your fuggin glasses with no lenses back?...you know that might help *end letterman voice*

Comment

I don't think anyone doesn't slip abit by their mid 30s, I know the wife has.

Comment

I think GGG problem in this fight was he put to much pressure ,he was able to keep it up but for cost of accuracy ,sharpnes and clean punching ,he tried to hard ,he probably thought that Canelo will gass out an panic but it didnt happen.

Comment

Maybe the comp just got better, you cant do the same things against better guys its easy to say he slipped, I bet if we lower the class back to contenders that he starts KOing them again.

Comment

at 36 years old hell yes GGG has slipped-Ali slipped also-Duh?

Hell yea GGG is slipping as most great fighters slip as they age and get slower and lose some of their quickness. GGG beat down Canelo and got the American hose butt job in Vegas. The stench of the tie rots the fabric of American boxing and Turd Bryd that black slob should be fired. No comminist is getting any breaks in America. Deal with it. No, like then get out and go fight in Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
              Maybe the comp just got better, you cant do the same things against better guys its easy to say he slipped, I bet if we lower the class back to contenders that he starts KOing them again.
              The competition sure got braver once GGG hit the mid thirties and started showing signs of slowing down. Maybe if he wouldn't have been avoided in his prime we wouldn't need this type of speculation.

Comment

Simple combination of aging and better competition.

Comment

Why is everyone obsessed with GGG potentially slipping? Is it because he's white, undefeated, undisputed and forced Mayweather and coWard to retire so people would quit asking them to get their asses kicked by GGG?

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
                    Why is everyone obsessed with GGG potentially slipping? Is it because he's white, undefeated, undisputed and forced Mayweather and coWard to retire so people would quit asking them to get their asses kicked by GGG?
                    Technically, he's Asian. His mother is Korean and his father is Kazakh. Kazakhstan is in the continent of Asia.

Comment

Working...
                    X