Roman Gonzalez
    Sergey Kovalev
    Vasyl Lomachenko
    Keith Thurman
    Errol Spence

*Update* 28/05/2017
    Crawford out of top 10
    Spence in his place
    I can't agree or disagree with all but curious how Crawford fell after his great last performance(competition ?) but Spence has done nothing to move up since his last bout in May against Kell Brook.

Comment

• Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
      It wasn't that easy for Linares. Probably why he admitted it was a tough fight.

I think 135 is Linares Maximum weight to be effective at. He started at 122 so he's not naturally a very big guy.
      If Linares said it was a tough fight, he's the guy that was in there.
      I mute the sound for the Brit announcers lol.
      Campbell's long and he's lefty, besides being a bit awkward. but I thought Linares was in control and doing what he wanted for most of the fight.
      Kudos for Luke for going the distance.

Comment

• Originally posted by angkag View Post
        Way I see it, Campbell fought in a consistent 4th gear all night. Linares started out switching between 4th and 5th, and when he went to 5th gear, Campbell was heavily out-gunned.

Then around the 4th round or so, Linares lost his 5th gear and started fighting in 4th and 3rd gears, which evened the fight up and also gave Campbell the edge at times.

Didn't score it, but felt like a 7-5 edge to Linares overall. Campbell surprised though - shaky start, but after that was solid right through to the end - a tidy performance against top opposition.
        I agree that Linares stepped off the gas, but maybe cause knew he could.
        Or, like you say, it could be Luke upped his game, but I saw an elite fighter against guy, whose a couple of levels below.
        Linares should feel blessed the fight wasn't in the UK. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
          Linares should feel blessed the fight wasn't in the UK. lol
          The one UK judge there gave Linares a wee taste of what that would have been like (115-113 Campbell)

Comment

• Campbell didn't win the fight but done a lot better than I thought he would...I thought he would he bulldozed. Linares looked worse than when Kevin Mitchel was bossing him in the early stages...either Campbell is better than we thought or linares not as good. I lean toward the latter. Mikey will wipe out linares in devastating fashion and easier than most will predict. But he's up for it so wahey...lets get it on!

Comment

• Linares fought like a dumbass tbh, let it become much closer than it needed...made no adjustments and just expected to keep landing the same punches he landed early...showed no variety of approach, some boxers are really dumb and once they feel they're the one hurting the other guy, forget you actually have to outscore the opponent round by round regardless of if you're better, or if you can take his punches easily those punches can still score if you don't land back.

Comment

• Originally posted by angkag View Post
                The one UK judge there gave Linares a wee taste of what that would have been like (115-113 Campbell)
                I enjoy watching the guy, he reminds me of Gabby Canizales.

Comment

• Luke Campbell reveals his father died two weeks before Jorge Linares fight

Luke Campbell has revealed his father died two weeks before Saturday's WBA lightweight title defeat by Jorge Linares in California.

Campbell's dad, Bernard, was diagnosed with cancer in 2014, prompting the 2012 Olympic gold medallist to take time away from boxing.

"I probably cried once a day. I had to try and shut feelings off. After the fight I had a good cry," the 29-year-old told BBC Sport

"I didn't want anyone to know."

Campbell added: "If someone had found out I would have denied it. I didn't want Linares' camp thinking it was a weakness. I didn't want them thinking I was hurt.

"The only thing that kept me going is I know what my dad would have wanted for me. To fight and to win."

Campbell lost on a split decision to Linares, 32, having recovered from being knocked down in the second round.

Scot Victor Loughlin had Campbell winning 115-113, but the other two judges gave it to the Venezuelan with scores of 115-112 and 114-113.

Campbell's father died, aged 58, at home with family in Hull while he was in the US preparing to face Linares.

The southpaw, who described his father as his "biggest believer", added: "I had a lot to deal with in the last two weeks. All the people writing me off, the negativity and in the background my dad died. I think I shut a lot of mouths and I thought I actually won the fight.

"At times I thought I outclassed him. I think I did my dad proud, I think we showed how tough we are.

"It was hard for me. I was close to my dad. All the family was together at home and I was on my own, no one around me. I'm glad people had comfort at home. But I feel bad because I wanted to be with my dad.

"I've been telling myself he went because he wanted to be with me."

Campbell says he began to believe his father was "a machine" as when his health deteriorated in recent years he kept "fighting back".

His father's funeral will take place on Thursday, the day after Campbell turns 30.

He said he now hopes he can fulfil his dad's prediction and become a world champion in the future.

Comment

• Sad news. ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                      Luke Campbell reveals his father died two weeks before Jorge Linares fight

Luke Campbell has revealed his father died two weeks before Saturday's WBA lightweight title defeat by Jorge Linares in California.

Campbell's dad, Bernard, was diagnosed with cancer in 2014, prompting the 2012 Olympic gold medallist to take time away from boxing.

"I probably cried once a day. I had to try and shut feelings off. After the fight I had a good cry," the 29-year-old told BBC Sport

"I didn't want anyone to know."

Campbell added: "If someone had found out I would have denied it. I didn't want Linares' camp thinking it was a weakness. I didn't want them thinking I was hurt.

"The only thing that kept me going is I know what my dad would have wanted for me. To fight and to win."

Campbell lost on a split decision to Linares, 32, having recovered from being knocked down in the second round.

Scot Victor Loughlin had Campbell winning 115-113, but the other two judges gave it to the Venezuelan with scores of 115-112 and 114-113.

Campbell's father died, aged 58, at home with family in Hull while he was in the US preparing to face Linares.

The southpaw, who described his father as his "biggest believer", added: "I had a lot to deal with in the last two weeks. All the people writing me off, the negativity and in the background my dad died. I think I shut a lot of mouths and I thought I actually won the fight.

"At times I thought I outclassed him. I think I did my dad proud, I think we showed how tough we are.

"It was hard for me. I was close to my dad. All the family was together at home and I was on my own, no one around me. I'm glad people had comfort at home. But I feel bad because I wanted to be with my dad.

"I've been telling myself he went because he wanted to be with me."

Campbell says he began to believe his father was "a machine" as when his health deteriorated in recent years he kept "fighting back".

His father's funeral will take place on Thursday, the day after Campbell turns 30.

He said he now hopes he can fulfil his dad's prediction and become a world champion in the future.
                      His father would of been proud in his performance and heart that Luke displayed in the fight. Salute to you Campbell, you are alright and definitely world class - I was wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X