Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jorge Linares Drops Luke Campbell, Wins Split Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This fight was a legitimate draw, needs a rematch I think!
    You look at Canelo Vs. GGG, you had Golovkin dominating nearly all the rounds and somehow Canelo gets a magic draw and some 118-110 scorecard, yet Campbell can't get some fairness for his great display?
    Worse yet there are people here who agree with the draw of GGG Vs. Nelo and people who think Nelo won that think Campbell deserved to lose, goes to show you that these people have zero credibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
      that should have been a clear UD win for Jorge Linares

i scored it 8-4

Luke had a couple of good rounds, but not enough to beat the champ, he has chin problems and struggles with pressure
      You've turned into a complete nonce since the last time I saw your posting, what happened?

Comment

• Fight was a sparring session for Linares.Campbell'a a good fighter but Linares is world class and it showed.

Comment

• I think Linares probably edged it but Campbell was landing the cleaner shots. Lots of Linares shots were missing and hitting the gloves.

I would say it was 6 rounds all with the knockdown winning it for Linares.

Comment

• Campbell reminds me of Khan. A crybaby who thinks he's the best in the world without beating anyone.
            It was a close fight but Linares nicked it for me. If Campbell had stared to get to work earlier he would take it. Linares started well and finished well. Rematch?

Comment

• Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
              Fight was a sparring session for Linares.Campbell'a a good fighter but Linares is world class and it showed.
              It wasn't that easy for Linares. Probably why he admitted it was a tough fight.

I think 135 is Linares Maximum weight to be effective at. He started at 122 so he's not naturally a very big guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bumdre Ward View Post
                This fight was a legitimate draw, needs a rematch I think!
                You look at Canelo Vs. GGG, you had Golovkin dominating nearly all the rounds and somehow Canelo gets a magic draw and some 118-110 scorecard, yet Campbell can't get some fairness for his great display?
                Worse yet there are people here who agree with the draw of GGG Vs. Nelo and people who think Nelo won that think Campbell deserved to lose, goes to show you that these people have zero credibility.
                For me the knock down was the difference

Comment

• Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
                  Fight was a sparring session for Linares.Campbell'a a good fighter but Linares is world class and it showed.
                  Way I see it, Campbell fought in a consistent 4th gear all night. Linares started out switching between 4th and 5th, and when he went to 5th gear, Campbell was heavily out-gunned.

Then around the 4th round or so, Linares lost his 5th gear and started fighting in 4th and 3rd gears, which evened the fight up and also gave Campbell the edge at times.

Didn't score it, but felt like a 7-5 edge to Linares overall. Campbell surprised though - shaky start, but after that was solid right through to the end - a tidy performance against top opposition.

Comment

• Mikey Garcia would school Linares

Comment

• Good outing for Linares, akward fight against a young tough southpaw. I had the bout 115-112 Linares, jabs and more effective punches particularily the straight right that landed often and with authority. Besides AJ, Campbell may be the best the UK has to offer in the future. Campbell is big for a Lightweight and I don't think he has the power to compete at 140. Linares/Garcia would be a good match-up but Mikey's defense, old-time boxing skills and consistency from bell to bell would win.

Comment

Working...
                      X