No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jorge Linares Drops Luke Campbell, Wins Split Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gunpowdergreg View Post
    Good outing for Linares, akward fight against a young tough southpaw. I had the bout 115-112 Linares, jabs and more effective punches particularily the straight right that landed often and with authority. Besides AJ, Campbell may be the best the UK has to offer in the future. Campbell is big for a Lightweight and I don't think he has the power to compete at 140. Linares/Garcia would be a good match-up but Mikey's defense, old-time boxing skills and consistency from bell to bell would win.
    *cough*Kal Yafai*cough*

Comment

• Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      His father would of been proud in his performance and heart that Luke displayed in the fight. Salute to you Campbell, you are alright and definitely world class - I was wrong.
      That's what I like about you, 1hour. Of all the many unfunny, idiot WUMs on here, you're the only one who actually comes out from under his troll bridge occasionally.

Comment

• Originally posted by E10Rifle View Post
        That's what I like about you, 1hour. Of all the many unfunny, idiot WUMs on here, you're the only one who actually comes out from under his troll bridge occasionally.
        I was very sick yesterday I don't remember writing that! WOW! I need to go get a check up immediately.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gunpowdergreg View Post
          I can't agree or disagree with all but curious how Crawford fell after his great last performance(competition ?) but Spence has done nothing to move up since his last bout in May against Kell Brook.
          Terence for me fights in the weakest division in boxing, I'd have him in at 10th place since Ward has retired.

Comment

• Linares needs to fight Easter Jr or Terry Flanagan already. 135 needs a top dog.

Hell I'll take Raymundo Beltran or Javier Fortuna at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
              Luke Campbell reveals his father died two weeks before Jorge Linares fight

Luke Campbell has revealed his father died two weeks before Saturday's WBA lightweight title defeat by Jorge Linares in California.

Campbell's dad, Bernard, was diagnosed with cancer in 2014, prompting the 2012 Olympic gold medallist to take time away from boxing.

"I probably cried once a day. I had to try and shut feelings off. After the fight I had a good cry," the 29-year-old told BBC Sport

"I didn't want anyone to know."

Campbell added: "If someone had found out I would have denied it. I didn't want Linares' camp thinking it was a weakness. I didn't want them thinking I was hurt.

"The only thing that kept me going is I know what my dad would have wanted for me. To fight and to win."

Campbell lost on a split decision to Linares, 32, having recovered from being knocked down in the second round.

Scot Victor Loughlin had Campbell winning 115-113, but the other two judges gave it to the Venezuelan with scores of 115-112 and 114-113.

Campbell's father died, aged 58, at home with family in Hull while he was in the US preparing to face Linares.

The southpaw, who described his father as his "biggest believer", added: "I had a lot to deal with in the last two weeks. All the people writing me off, the negativity and in the background my dad died. I think I shut a lot of mouths and I thought I actually won the fight.

"At times I thought I outclassed him. I think I did my dad proud, I think we showed how tough we are.

"It was hard for me. I was close to my dad. All the family was together at home and I was on my own, no one around me. I'm glad people had comfort at home. But I feel bad because I wanted to be with my dad.

"I've been telling myself he went because he wanted to be with me."

Campbell says he began to believe his father was "a machine" as when his health deteriorated in recent years he kept "fighting back".

His father's funeral will take place on Thursday, the day after Campbell turns 30.

He said he now hopes he can fulfil his dad's prediction and become a world champion in the future.
              **** man. Real F'd up news.

Comment

Working...
              X